N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3251)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-27-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
What timestamp/run did you experience it? Boost and pedal input all line up here from what I can see.
56.25 Timestamp.
(#3252)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stock_stinger
Sounds like just suffering comfort throttle response/sensitivity
Is comfort mode sensitive to TQ increase or anything weird?
(#3253)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven TMAN
56.25 Timestamp.
Just looks like the car took 1/2 second to downshift, which is normal for comfort mode as pedal input is heavily dampened.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3254)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 05-27-2020, 03:52 PM

I have a question before buying JB4 for my stinger 2.0T

Are there benefits to using Fuel Wire for map1?

Can i use map2 with 91 octane? (We do not have 93 octane here in KSA)

Last edited by bosaad; 05-27-2020 at 04:12 PM..
(#3255)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Just looks like the car took 1/2 second to downshift, which is normal for comfort mode as pedal input is heavily dampened.
It had already downshifted at that point. It hit a brick wall and wouldn't accelerate past 90. No acceleration, no gear change. Felt like fuel cut like a speed limiter.
(#3256)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosaad
I have a question before buying JB4 for my stinger 2.0T

Are there benefits to using Fuel Wire for map1?

Can i use map2 with 91 octane? (We do not have 93 octane here in KSA)
For 91 octane on the 2L I'd skip the fuel control wire, it's more useful for E85 mixtures.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3257)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2020, 08:28 AM

For those that are in to this sort of thing we've stocked 25 of the vanity plates, if sales are good we'll continue carrying them for convenience.

https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...ack-fuse-cover

Burger Motorsports

(#3258)
Old

Car: 2020 KIA Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 06-02-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
For those that are in to this sort of thing we've stocked 25 of the vanity plates, if sales are good we'll continue carrying them for convenience.

https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...ack-fuse-cover

Hello. Just joined this forum as I purchase a 2020 KIA Stinger GT2. Very interested in getting a JB4 along with a number of other add-ons. Very interested in these covers. I just send an e-mail asking this but figured I would ask here. Are there any sales, discounts, or coupons codes currently active? Thanks.
(#3259)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2020, 01:45 PM

Sorry we're an every day low price business so never do sales or discounts. The covers are pretty decent deal though at $90 for both sides.

Burger Motorsports

(#3260)
Old

Car: Genesis g70
Default 06-02-2020, 02:22 PM

By any chance will these covers fit on the g70 as well?

2019 genesis g70 3.3 sport
Jb4, bms intakes, ark midpipes, jun bl catback.
(#3261)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT 3.3TT AWD
Default 06-02-2020, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3.3
You can order the G70 covers from me

Please go to the below link and send me a DM if possible

Kia Stinger Vanity/piggyback /fuse cover | Page 7 | Kia Stinger Forum
(#3262)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-02-2020, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3.3
We don't stock those yet but plan to bring them in down the road.

Burger Motorsports

(#3263)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1 2019
Default 06-03-2020, 01:23 PM

Just filled up with some E85. This time i added 4.5 Gallons of E85 and the rest with 93. Please check for any timing drops. If there us let me.know which once so i can see for myself on the graph.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200603_160628_runs(1).csv (7.8 KB, 82 views)
(#3264)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldony
Just filled up with some E85. This time i added 4.5 Gallons of E85 and the rest with 93. Please check for any timing drops. If there us let me.know which once so i can see for myself on the graph.
Looks fine to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3265)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 06-05-2020, 09:01 AM

Denso plugs after around 20K miles. Originally gapped to 0.022. It's hard to tell from the picture but the electrodes were well worn. Probably going to change them every 12-15K from here on out.

(#3266)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 10:57 AM

15-20k miles is the usual plug range

Burger Motorsports

(#3267)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 06-05-2020, 03:30 PM

Will the HKS last longer?
(#3268)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 04:16 PM

I imagine they will be around the same... Haven't worked with them much myself though.

Burger Motorsports

(#3269)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default 06-08-2020, 03:33 PM

Terry, any idea what could have gone wrong here based on the log? Attempted a roll race and had little to no boost. Just a few minutes prior the car (Stinger GT, map 4, <E30, ewg disabled) was running fine.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_20200607_215218_runs(1).csv (9.6 KB, 88 views)
(#3270)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2020, 04:05 PM

I can't tell from this log no, would need the log where boost stopped. Usually means boost got too high though at some point.

Burger Motorsports

(#3271)
Old

Car: Stinger GT2
Default 06-08-2020, 04:32 PM

This IS the log where boost stopped.

Never mind though, forget I asked. Should have expected that answer.
(#3272)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-08-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorped
This is a log showing no boost which is useless. I'd need to see what lead to it making no boost. e.g. boost vs. ecu_psi vs. engine criteria when it was making boost. The previous log if auto recording was left on which should show boost going over target and under what circumstance, assuming this is an over boost related fault. The kind that resets after you restart the car.

If you were not recording at that time then start recording now and try to recreate the issue so we can figure out how to best resolve it. If you've had over boosting issues in the past that require a lot of WGDC to be removed via EWG, disabling EWG might be part of your problem. Typically cars that over boost need dutybias set to 40 across the board, FF to 50 as a starting point.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3273)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 06-09-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorped

Never mind though, forget I asked. Should have expected that answer.
Well, that escalated quickly, didn't it. LOL

No need to be childish. You're much more likely to be treated in a professional manner if you act professionally.

Or, you could send a text to the boys at Pross or Tork to see if they can troubleshoot your issues from two quick sentences... ��

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#3274)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2020, 09:08 PM

Usually when someone posts like that they are just a troll. Removed the inflammatory comments in case the guy actually needs help.

Burger Motorsports

(#3275)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 06-11-2020, 11:53 AM

"Typically cars that over boost need dutybias set to 40 across the board, FF to 50 as a starting point."

Could you elaborate on this ?, I do seem to be having fuel crashes on higher maps 3-5 on a roll even with the race fuel, Im I looking at going into user adjustments and under Duty Bias enter 50 flat across all values as a starting point ? Or should I just disable bit 4 v16 firmware.

Last edited by bbrillon998; 06-11-2020 at 12:14 PM..