N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#201)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-29-2020, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can monitor your fuel pressure and go from there. FF can stay as is. As I said before turn off raw sampling in the app it makes the logs harder to read, we only use that for specific diagnostic tests.
I did another pull on map 3. Fuel pressure would drop to around 6 and jb4 would reset to map 0.

Here are 2 logs.

Map 2 fuel pressure dropped.
Map 2 fuel pressure all I saw was go down to 9. (Disabled throttle controler and ran better)

I've never had any issues until I recently installed the EWG wires and throttle controller. Installed them at the same time.

Not sure if the throttle controler is causing an issue?

Anything to adjust?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200529_064848_runs(1).csv (8.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv 20200529_065503_runs(1)2.csv (8.6 KB, 55 views)
(#202)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2020, 09:03 AM

Makes sense. EWG connectors allow increased boost. More boost puts more stress on your fuel pumps. So must just be a factory weakness for your specific car. Unfortunately it's not something I can fix for you via software. Options bit5 would disable EWG if needed.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#203)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 05-29-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Makes sense. EWG connectors allow increased boost. More boost puts more stress on your fuel pumps. So must just be a factory weakness for your specific car. Unfortunately it's not something I can fix for you via software. Options bit5 would disable EWG if needed.
Thank for the response terry.
It ran fine until I upped it to FF 60 then FF 55.
Default settings of FF 50 I didn't seem to have any issues. Should I revert back to FF 50 and give it a try? or is that the same as disabling the EWG wires.
(#204)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2020, 10:12 AM

You can play around with whatever settings you'd like, and monitor FP_H in logs to see what effect they are having on your specific issue.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#205)
Old

Car: Stinger GT1 3.3t
Default 05-29-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
For those few mostly Korean cars who have EWG startup codes that clear allowing normal operation, I suspect the issue is due to a delay or variance in the JB4 boot up speed.

Thought of something to try and loaded it in v17_t3 firmware just now. Load and evaluate if it makes any difference. Also, let me know what date you received the JB4 as there were variances in the JB4 boot up firmware that may explain the difference.
Older systems had a small extra delay.
Hey Terry, thanks for your earlier reply. I haven't been able to get solid logs without bit5 enabled after installing the EWG connectors, getting 2564/2568 every start, having to clear and then the car runs fine after a restart. I've quadruple checked my wires and even switched connectors but the problem comes back. Tried the 17_3 FW and still the same result. My JB4 was purchased September 2018 and the Stinger was mfg April 2018, USA GT1.
(#206)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-29-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
Hey Terry, thanks for your earlier reply. I haven't been able to get solid logs without bit5 enabled after installing the EWG connectors, getting 2564/2568 every start, having to clear and then the car runs fine after a restart. I've quadruple checked my wires and even switched connectors but the problem comes back. Tried the 17_3 FW and still the same result. My JB4 was purchased September 2018 and the Stinger was mfg April 2018, USA GT1.
Try swapping out the 2580 chip for a new one. Email in your address and we can send you one.

Burger Motorsports

(#207)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 05-30-2020, 11:33 AM

I'm waiting for my new chip (thanks Terry) but if you just start the car, shut it off, and then on again, everything works right and no codes. Takes about 10 seconds. That's how I've been dealing with it for the past few days.

It also might work to press the start button twice with no brake on (so you get it into accessory mode) and wait a few seconds before starting the car. But I haven't tried that yet.
(#208)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2020, 10:00 AM

Did chip resolve issue? Another customer said a new board resolved his. The new board has the new 2580 also. So I'm thinking that is all that is required.

Burger Motorsports

(#209)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 06-05-2020, 08:39 AM

The new 2580 chip did the trick.

I also changed spark plugs yesterday so once the weather is good I will send some logs your way.
(#210)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2020, 10:58 AM

OK good to hear, we'll get updated 2580 chips out to anyone with unresolved startup EWG codes that clear once ignition is on.

Burger Motorsports

(#211)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt
Default 06-06-2020, 04:01 PM

So I just installed the ewg wires and input the settings. I have attached a photo of the inputs used and I'm getting a code 2564, did I put something in wrong?
Thanks
Warren
Attached Images

(#212)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2020, 04:09 PM

Usually fault codes mean a wire is in wrong or mixed up. People tend to mix up the purple wires we've noticed for some reason.

Burger Motorsports

(#213)
Old

Default 06-06-2020, 05:04 PM

All wiring was in correct locations. Any thoughts what else I could be looking at? I just uploaded firmware 17.5 could being on the older one be the issue?
Thanks
Warren
(#214)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2020, 05:55 PM

Sure older firmware could be an issue. If the codes clear and it runs normally until next restart could be old 2580 firmware we can help you with. Could be a loose or damaged wire in the EWG connector itself, like if a jumper wire pulled out, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#215)
Old

Default 06-06-2020, 06:14 PM

I started car up again and didnt have any codes after uploading new firmware. Could it be an issue with the 2580 chip? I'll have to check the connector, they seemed pretty solid when I installed them.. i cant recall when i purchased the jb4, I'm thinking it was November of 2019. Is there a way to check the date?
(#216)
Old

Car: kia stringer
Default Overboost? - 06-06-2020, 06:44 PM

I just installed secondaries and a *** back. I have the ewg wires but set to default. I had an instance today where my car went limp and when I checked jb4 the map had dropped from 4 to 0.

I places it back on 4 and did a few. Short runs and it looks like I'm getting close to overboost in a few instances by about 1-2 psi.

Honestly I don't mind the extra boost but don't want it reporting it to ecu 14+psi.

What can or should I do?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M4_R4_200606_2044.csv (32.3 KB, 49 views)
(#217)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2020, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonland
I just installed secondaries and a *** back. I have the ewg wires but set to default. I had an instance today where my car went limp and when I checked jb4 the map had dropped from 4 to 0.

I places it back on 4 and did a few. Short runs and it looks like I'm getting close to overboost in a few instances by about 1-2 psi.

Honestly I don't mind the extra boost but don't want it reporting it to ecu 14+psi.

What can or should I do?

Thanks
Last safety = 3 is fuel pressure dropping. I'd drop down to map3 and evaluate. 14psi is a plausible factory target and what we've designed the EWG control around.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#218)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardyl36
I started car up again and didnt have any codes after uploading new firmware. Could it be an issue with the 2580 chip? I'll have to check the connector, they seemed pretty solid when I installed them.. i cant recall when i purchased the jb4, I'm thinking it was November of 2019. Is there a way to check the date?
Well, if the codes aren't coming back, sounds like it's solved.

Burger Motorsports

(#219)
Old

Smile 06-06-2020, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Try swapping out the 2580 chip for a new one. Email in your address and we can send you one.
The new 2580 chip solved the issue with the CEL, thank you very much! Car is overboosting with defaults as you suspected based on the bit5 run so I'll play with the settings and get some logs.
(#220)
Old

Default 06-07-2020, 09:25 AM

Went for a ride, here is a log. Is it long enough or do I need to redo? I'm running map 2 currently, seemed to run well. Any thoughts on adjustments that can be tweaked?
Thanks for your help
Warren
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R3_200607_0904.csv (49.2 KB, 53 views)
(#221)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2020, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardyl36
Went for a ride, here is a log. Is it long enough or do I need to redo? I'm running map 2 currently, seemed to run well. Any thoughts on adjustments that can be tweaked?
Thanks for your help
Warren
Not much WOT here but seems OK from what I can see.

Burger Motorsports

(#222)
Old

Default 06-07-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
The new 2580 chip solved the issue with the CEL, thank you very much! Car is overboosting with defaults as you suspected based on the bit5 run so I'll play with the settings and get some logs.
Here are some logs for ya. Lowered Duty Bias to 45 (rest default) and no more overboost - WMI with 99 octane.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200606_233921_runs(1).csv (13.0 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_200607_1125.csv (9.9 KB, 54 views)
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_200607_124504.csv (7.1 KB, 54 views)
(#223)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-07-2020, 08:05 PM

Looks pretty strong to me. You can lower additive if you want to get boost target down further.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#224)
Old

Car: 2018 Stinger GT1
Default 06-14-2020, 01:47 PM

Those of you who are getting codes or strange performance, try getting a new 2580 chip from Terry. I got mine today and all my issues are resolved!! Car is running great now! Thank you Terry for all of your continued support!
(#225)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger GT2
Default 06-15-2020, 11:03 AM

installed my ewg wires this weekend and now im getting check engine codes at each start up. went back and rechecked the wire positions and also removed and rechecked the pins on the ewg wires and every thing looks fine. was on firmware 17 and went back to 15 to see if that made a difference and it didnt. unlugged the ewg wires and everything is back to normal. Thoughts???