(#1801)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboh

Please advise.

Thank you.
Do you have a BEF? You've selected the BEF option in the app under options. Also, do you have an EWG connector?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1802)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 340iX
Default Version 15 Vs Version 16 Firmware WGDC operation erratic - 05-15-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Do you have a BEF? You've selected the BEF option in the app under options. Also, do you have an EWG connector?
Opps. That was left over from older firmware settings. I have have changed it to zero. I can connect the ewg connector. I understand it may help in working with map 6. Do you suggest I do so?

2020 330iX auto sport w/M track handling, JB4 ; 93 octane; Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#1803)
Old

Default 05-15-2020, 07:58 AM

I agree with you on the codes. Still wrestling with optimal settings and finding V16 map 6 4.5 psi flat to be close to optimal.

I am not sure that the BEF activation setting affected that ....more later. I reset it to zero and will do some more WOTs.

Thanks

2020 330iX auto sport w/M track handling, JB4 ; 93 octane; Honda S2000; Ninja Z1000.
(#1804)
Old

Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 05-15-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Opps. That was left over from older firmware settings. I have have changed it to zero. I can connect the ewg connector. I understand it may help in working with map 6. Do you suggest I do so?
OT but did you buy the ewg wire separately or did it come with the box? And how does the ewg connection help?

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1805)
Old

Car: bmw 340xi f34
Default 05-15-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
where you can throw logs so that you look.?

@bmw_340xi_gt
(#1806)
Old

Default 05-16-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ
OT but did you buy the ewg wire separately or did it come with the box? And how does the ewg connection help?
hi,

I bought it when I was running my 340i. I ran map 6 in various forms and the wire allowed more tuning of the EWG. You can set the EWG to different rpm settings for finer boost control.

I am not sure it is worth it for the B46 engine. The OEM tune is so different from the B58. The engine runs much richer and timing advance seems more generous too. The IAT is much higher, I think because the inter cooler is setup differently. Normal ambient air to IAT difference is about 20F on the B58, but 30-40 F on the B46. That said, the highway mileage is unreal...43 mpg using cruise control.

I just reset the JB4 using V16 and no BEF. Now more WOTs. I have checked whp for various runs so far and they are roughly in the 290 range. This is consistent with BEF like BM3 and MG. So the JB set up appears quite comparable. That is why I am sticking with it. Besides, warrantee issues and bricking the ECU by BEF, leaves me a bit skiddish for now.

(#1807)
Old

Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 05-16-2020, 07:45 PM

Quote:
hi,

I bought it when I was running my 340i. I ran map 6 in various forms and the wire allowed more tuning of the EWG. You can set the EWG to different rpm settings for finer boost control.

I am not sure it is worth it for the B46 engine. The OEM tune is so different from the B58. The engine runs much richer and timing advance seems more generous too. The IAT is much higher, I think because the inter cooler is setup differently. Normal ambient air to IAT difference is about 20F on the B58, but 30-40 F on the B46. That said, the highway mileage is unreal...43 mpg using cruise control.

I just reset the JB4 using V16 and no BEF. Now more WOTs. I have checked whp for various runs so far and they are roughly in the 290 range. This is consistent with BEF like BM3 and MG. So the JB set up appears quite comparable. That is why I am sticking with it. Besides, warrantee issues and bricking the ECU by BEF, leaves me a bit skiddish for now.

I appreciate the input. Let us know if you run the EWG wire and if it makes any difference. The unit I'm running was used on a 340i too. Not sure if it has the wire though. Was it an add on?

And how did you calculate the bhp? I agree regarding the Jb4. I absolutely love it. I know people will say piggybacks aren't great and a tune is the best but yes. I'm definitely sticking to the jb4 for a long time.

Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
(#1808)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
hi,

Finished off a summary of 80 WOTs, same gas, same location most variables pretty much the same. Comparing WOT acceleration results at identical or within 0.2F IATs, Map 6 at 4.5 flat is consistently the best. Acceleration is measured by taking the rpm change during the run divided by the duration of the run.

Rough whp is 289 using VD but will need a bit more fine tuning for weight, weather, and slope.

The whp is very similar to what BM3 and MG flasher claims.

I cannot see much higher whp. The engine is already quite highler tuned. Map 0 boosts are up to 15 psi, much higher and the timing gets blown away.

hope this helps.

(#1809)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoma_340xiGT
where you can throw logs so that you look.?
In this thread is fine

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1810)
Old

Car: BMW M340i
Default 05-28-2020, 11:17 AM

The link to an installation guide is dead, please take a look at it.
(#1811)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2020, 03:23 PM

Fixed the link

Burger Motorsports

(#1812)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 440i Xdrive Convertible
Default Could we get some firmware version updates? - 05-30-2020, 04:34 PM

I'm running Version 17-T3 (58/17//5) on a stock 2017 BMW 440i convertible with the EWG harness and don't see any reference to the version, differences or map definitions. I configured the user settings based on Terry's guidance in the EWG harness install instructions but don't know if that is appropriate for the firmware I'm running. Is this the correct group to obtain that information or should I be elsewhere?
(#1813)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2020, 04:43 PM

Notes on firmware are now in the app where you download firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1814)
Old

Smile 05-31-2020, 04:14 AM

Hi Guys,

yesterday I finally managed to install the JB4 on my M340i G20. The car is stock and has a ****ty GPF, since I come from Germany.
I have done some logs yesterday evening.

A bit of info concerning conditions: 102 octane (Aral Ultimate 102), sport+ mode, manual shifting, gas pedal fully pressed (no kickdown), starting from 3k RPM to the redline in the 3rd and 4th gear.

I would kindly ask you to help me with the analysis of the logs. My previous car was a F30 330D tuned to 380PS, therefore I have no idea about the new B58 engine.

Last edited by Alxmorph; 09-10-2020 at 01:11 AM..
(#1815)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxmorph
Hi Guys,

yesterday I finally managed to install the JB4 on my M340i G20. The car is stock and has a ****ty GPF, since I come from Germany.
I have done some logs yesterday evening.

A bit of info concerning conditions: 102 octane (Aral Ultimate 102), sport+ mode, manual shifting, gas pedal fully pressed (no kickdown), starting from 3k RPM to the redline in the 3rd and 4th gear.

I would kindly ask you to help me with the analysis of the logs. My previous car was a F30 330D tuned to 380PS, therefore I have no idea about the new B58 engine.
Is this with or without a JB4 EWG connector?

Based on the logs it seems map2 is the best all around fit currently.

Burger Motorsports

(#1816)
Old

Default 05-31-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Is this with or without a JB4 EWG connector?

Based on the logs it seems map2 is the best all around fit currently.
Hi Terry,
thank you for the feedback! This is without the EWG connector, but I can buy one, if it would help to achieve better results.
What would you advise?

Last edited by Alxmorph; 09-10-2020 at 01:12 AM..
(#1817)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-31-2020, 01:16 PM

The EWG connector can be useful for adding more boost, but it may not be a dramatic difference in your case. I'd just rock map2 for now and enjoy.

Burger Motorsports

(#1818)
Old

Thumbs up 06-01-2020, 12:09 AM

Quote:
The EWG connector can be useful for adding more boost, but it may not be a dramatic difference in your case. I'd just rock map2 for now and enjoy.
Thank you!
(#1819)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 06-04-2020, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Any info on if the jb4 will work on a m235i Gran Coupé with the b48e?

| ProCharged C6 Z06 | F44 M235i | F30 330i |
(#1820)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2020, 08:19 PM

Yes it's compatible

Burger Motorsports

(#1821)
Old

Car: 2020 m340i
Default 06-11-2020, 10:10 PM

So i've had a jb4 on my 2020 m340i since last july, love it but i'm ready for more. I was planning on purchasing a ********. I also just purchased the MHD Wireless OBDII Wifi Flash Adapter and I'm not sure what i need to do or what my next steps are to use a MHD map with my current jb4.. Thank you in advance!!
(#1822)
Old

Car: Supra 2020
Default 06-11-2020, 11:09 PM

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57432
(#1823)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absaifan
right, i've been there which is how i was able to know i could do such things. Problem is, im not sure what else i need. I ordered that part, plus i have my jb4 with bluetooth on the car already. Im not sure if im supposed to remove the jb4, load the map, reconnect it. Maybe i missed the concrete steps, of course i can dig thru the thread but i figured someone could give me a quick breakdown.
(#1824)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipetey
right, i've been there which is how i was able to know i could do such things. Problem is, im not sure what else i need. I ordered that part, plus i have my jb4 with bluetooth on the car already. Im not sure if im supposed to remove the jb4, load the map, reconnect it. Maybe i missed the concrete steps, of course i can dig thru the thread but i figured someone could give me a quick breakdown.
You plug in the flash adapter and upload the JB4 flash map for your fuel. Then set options bit6 on in the JB4 app. Done.

Burger Motorsports

(#1825)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
You plug in the flash adapter and upload the JB4 flash map for your fuel. Then set options bit6 on in the JB4 app. Done.
Thank you!!!!!! Perfect. Just one question, do I need to do anything special when connecting the flash adapter? Since the JB4 is connected in the OBD plug, do i have to make sure the car has been locked for 10 minutes or anything like that. Or i can simply unplug it, plug in the adapter do the flash map and reconnect my jb4. No locking the car/waiting etc.