N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 07 335xi
Default no boost. no codes, vacuum good - 05-04-2020, 01:53 PM

i sent my MSD80 for mosfets repair (preventative)

reflashed BEF
Updated firmware
vacuum is good
wastegates move good by hand, no obstructions
no missing or lose boost connections

No boost

Where i go with this?

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#2)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 04:57 PM

Jacked car up, checked intercooler, all good, tried some different boost solenoids i had laying around, no change.

2007 335i MT, JB4 G5, Hybrid Race BEF, DCI, Inlets, RB 2ís, outlets, 6" AMS FMIC,Chargepipe with Raceport BOV, d_p's, stage 2 lpfp, Mfactory LSD, X-Clutch twin disk.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 05-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Are you sure your not in map 8?

2007 e90 335 - BMS DCI - JB4 - feline less - AFE scoops -VRSF CP - HKS BOV - VTT PCV - BMS Cowl Filters - Muffler Delete - PUMP BEF - e30
(#4)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo335
Are you sure your not in map 8?
Oh yeah. I tried different flashes, different maps, even tried a stock flash and removed the jb4. That didn't work because of 3.5 bar t-map sensor.

I'm gonna try a boost leak test tomorrow.

(#5)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 06:49 PM

Can you post a log? Make sure all the vacuum lines are good at the wastegates, solenoids, vacuum canisters (top and bottom) and also behind the oil filter housing.

2007 e90 335 - BMS DCI - JB4 - feline less - AFE scoops -VRSF CP - HKS BOV - VTT PCV - BMS Cowl Filters - Muffler Delete - PUMP BEF - e30
(#6)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 01:35 PM

Pressurized the system to 20psi. No
Leaks, still no boost, wtf?

(#7)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 02:16 PM

quick log
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M1_R1_200505_1451.csv (11.1 KB, 56 views)

(#8)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 02:48 PM

looks like WGDC is pegged at 99 usually means major boost leak. Did you double check the connections at the solenoids are correct and not swapped?

(#9)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 03:01 PM

100% not a boost leak. I pressured the system to 20psi.

All vacuum lines are good, and attached correctly.

(#10)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 05:07 PM

wastegate not moving when stomping on gas. Is there a mosfet on the DME that controls boost solenoids?

(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 05-05-2020, 08:41 PM

Are the boost solenoids new or old ?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#12)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Are the boost solenoids new or old ?
Old, but they test ok.

I've read a low battery can cut power to boost solonoids and a few other things, my climate control is not working, possibly unrelated.

I have it on the charger now. If this don't work I will order new boost solonoids tomorrow.

(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-05-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Old, but they test ok.

I've read a low battery can cut power to boost solonoids and a few other things, my climate control is not working, possibly unrelated.

I have it on the charger now. If this don't work I will order new boost solonoids tomorrow.
Cars are very voltage sensitive- climate control not working is a sign that the battery voltage is low.

Keep us posted plz

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old

Default 05-05-2020, 09:17 PM

When I came across a thread, with identical issue, his was low battery.

It reminded me i changed my battery this winter, registered with mhd, but haven't driven anywhere.

I'm hoping a few flashes, and drives around the block to see no boost is enough to drain it to not work properly.

I will post updates.

(#15)
Old

Default 05-06-2020, 01:20 PM

full charge, same issue.

I'm following this thread Boost solenoid problem...?

Exact same issue, his last post stated a problem with IBS. My water pump is also acting funny after car is off, and, climate blower fan still not working after a full charge.

I'm stumped

(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-06-2020, 06:25 PM

This is where it gets tough to diag- especially online

With the age of these cars now, and now many owners are the 3-4-5-6 owner, it’s super tough sometimes to sift through whats been done & also what’s been done right...

I don’t want you to throw money blindly at an issue either...

Boost solenoids would make sense- if you have a friend with an N54- Maybe see if you could try swapping theirs in just to see

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Default 05-06-2020, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
This is where it gets tough to diag- especially online

With the age of these cars now, and now many owners are the 3-4-5-6 owner, itís super tough sometimes to sift through whats been done & also whatís been done right...

I donít want you to throw money blindly at an issue either...

Boost solenoids would make sense- if you have a friend with an N54- Maybe see if you could try swapping theirs in just to see
I am 2nd owner of this car. I bought it from a buddy that wanted out when it needed the typical 120k km stuff. Turbos, gaskets brakes, ect

Boost solenoids should be here tomorrow. I'll try those, and remove the jb4.

Wish me luck.

(#18)
Old

Default 05-07-2020, 09:19 AM

Ok,

here is pics of vacuum test with JB4 menu 10 at 60, and 100

I put a vacuum straight to the rear wastegate, it closes

Removed JB4, ran flash only with 3.5 t-map setting, still no boost.

Waiting for new boost solenoids, should be here any minute.
Attached Images

(#19)
Old

Default 05-07-2020, 02:01 PM

Brand new boost solenoids, still no boost.

(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 05-07-2020, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Brand new boost solenoids, still no boost.
Hmm...can I see a log?

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Default 05-08-2020, 07:18 AM

Map 0 log attached

At this point, I'm 98% sure it's not a boost issue, but, a reduced power mode issue. Either battery, ibs or water pump.

Climate blower not working.
Rad fan working more than normal
Got the 2EE6 code

There are quite a few threads about people being in reduced power(no boost mode) with no codes, for various reasons. The most common being a water pump on the way out.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M0_R1_200506_1350.csv (78.2 KB, 49 views)

(#22)
Old

Default 05-08-2020, 02:35 PM

rear turbo blown!

(#23)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-08-2020, 03:30 PM

Quote:
rear turbo blown!
Damn, that sucks.
What exactly did you find ?
(#24)
Old

Default 05-08-2020, 04:54 PM

Rear turbo, missing a turbine blade.

I'm actually relieved, now that I know exactly what is wrong.
These have the vband middle section, so it's an easy swap. I had to do an oil pan gasket anyways.

Get 2 birds stoned at once.

(#25)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 05-08-2020, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Rear turbo, missing a turbine blade.

I'm actually relieved, now that I know exactly what is wrong.
These have the vband middle section, so it's an easy swap. I had to do an oil pan gasket anyways.

Get 2 birds stoned at once.
Wowzers !