N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#926)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-800
What would you recommend then ?
Posted above a few questions: N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - JB4 for 2018+ AUDI RS3 TTRS

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#927)
Old

Car: 335d
Default 06-26-2020, 03:50 PM

Using v8 fua1.. hadn’t done to much highway driving.. but just tried to merge on hard and car didn’t want to accelerate and then got a drive system failure and went into limp mode. Very frustrating and somewhat dangerous I’d say..............
(#928)
Old

Default 06-26-2020, 03:52 PM

Try 0 next or what?
(#929)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 03:56 PM

For you I would try manifold sensor to factory. I'll ramp down the FUA 1 effect shortly since two of you reported faults with it.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#930)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-26-2020, 05:37 PM

Met 2 local RS3 owners who said they both tried jb4 with no success, low boost / power cutting out. They switched to unitronic afterwards.

Only posting this because it's an example of users who have issues but have not posted in this thread. It adds to my curiosity of wondering how many people are having absolutely no issues with jb4 on their car.

Can anyone comment on being totally trouble free?
(#931)
Old

Default 06-26-2020, 05:50 PM

“Try manifold sensor to factory” ?
(#932)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 05:55 PM

Posted up v9 with tweaks to the algorithms including making 1 less strong. And I think algorithm 3 should be what we had on v7 FUA 4. Haven't had time to test them all my self to ensure no unexpected results but will soon.

When testing FUA options if a fault comes on be sure to note what fault and under what conditions if possible. It's likely some tests could cause faults but also improve the low boost situation so differentiate between the two symptoms.

Burger Motorsports

(#933)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-26-2020, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot
“Try manifold sensor to factory” ?
Remove the JB4 brown connection from the manifold sensor reverting that senor to factory and tucking the JB4 connection out of the way.

Burger Motorsports

(#934)
Old

Default 06-27-2020, 07:35 AM

Expected impact to JB4 performance benefits and general drivability once disconnected from the upper boost manifold sensor? Whats the effect or impact of using fua=0 with v8.. ? Thx...
(#935)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2020, 08:19 AM

FUA = 0 on v8 and v9 is same as previous v7 firmware. Disables the test algorithms.

Manifold sensor to factory if using map2 should perform more or less the same. Higher maps would likely throw a fault code due to sensor performance (e.g. too much variance between them at WOT). The test is to determine if on your car the low boost issue comes up less often with that sensor bypassed as t-800 indicated his did. The FUA algorithms that seem to have the best feedback also focus around the manifold sensor signaling. Just another useful data point.

Burger Motorsports

(#936)
Old

Default 06-27-2020, 08:43 AM

Thx Terry.. interesting. Yesterday after getting the low boost and drive system fault with v8 fua=1 I switched to Fua=0 and didn’t have any issues for the rest of my highway driving. Eager to hear how your testing goes with v9...
(#937)
Old

Car: 2018 rs3
Default Driving system issue - 06-27-2020, 06:33 PM

Driving system issue everyday,JB4 fault diagnosis without any fault code,after removing JB4, everything is normal,map0 map1 map2 map6 are the same problem,disconnect the Bluetooth module,still appear the issue。The fault that can occur after short-distance driving, I have tested it with three rs3, and all cars have occurred ,from China。
Attached Images

(#938)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-27-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc61940542
Driving system issue everyday,JB4 fault diagnosis without any fault code,after removing JB4, everything is normal,map0 map1 map2 map6 are the same problem,disconnect the Bluetooth module,still appear the issue。The fault that can occur after short-distance driving, I have tested it with three rs3, and all cars have occurred ,from China。
That isn't the same low boost issue we're discussing in the thread, our issue leaves no fault behind. Which is why it's been so hard to fix. If you have an actual fault code and light in dash that should be pretty easy to sort out. Email in the actual fault codes you're getting to terry@burgertuning.com and I'll see if I can help you sort that out.

Burger Motorsports

(#939)
Old

Car: 2018 rs3
Default 06-27-2020, 06:51 PM

The problem now is that using JB4 to read the fault shows no fault code, but once JB4 is unplugged, everything is normal, so that it is difficult for me to catch the fault code using VCDS
(#940)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 06-28-2020, 05:48 AM

Quote:
The problem now is that using JB4 to read the fault shows no fault code, but once JB4 is unplugged, everything is normal, so that it is difficult for me to catch the fault code using VCDS

Make sure all the pins on the JB4 board are connected correct. I had the same issue a while ago and it was the pin of the red wire that wasn't tightly connected
(#941)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
JB4 can be attached but OBDII left out to log with VCDS when needed, I do that from time to time if there is some obscure parameter I need to monitor for development.

Burger Motorsports

(#942)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-28-2020, 04:12 PM

No issues with v9_t1 in my testing. I've been using FUA = 4. The firmware also has 1, 2, and 3 that can be tested.

Burger Motorsports

(#943)
Old

Default 07-01-2020, 12:49 PM

Well.. tried running with v8 FUA=0 with the JB4 disconnected from the brown wire manifold boost sensor. Didn't run too well. Hesitant/low boost situations...herky jerky. So, now running v9 with FUA=4.
(#944)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-01-2020, 01:09 PM

I don't think fua=4 is the silver bullet as it's similar to v8 fua4 but still worth confirming if you have the issue less often than fua=0. I've been driving our TTRS daily a lot and can recreate a low boost issue maybe once every other day. Usually when the car is warming up. Next time I go to give it gas it's back to full boost so it's easy to miss if you're not looking for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#945)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-08-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Latest Firmware and FUA set to 4.......

All good here and I think it’s cured my no boost issues.

Burger Motorsports

(#946)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 07-09-2020, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Map 5........
Attachment 97139
Good numbers. I tried to do some drsgy runs last weekend and it wouldn't connect. I found out later that if I disconnected from the mmi and did the dragy first it was ok, will try again next weekend.

I'm using map 5 with 25% E85 and the car feels fast! Hence why I got motivated to do the dragy run.

Btw, since I've been using map 5 I've had no low boost events, and I'm still running v5. But mine was only occasional anyways.
(#947)
Old

Default 07-09-2020, 08:24 AM

Hey T-800...great to hear you're not having the 'no boost' issue when running the v9 firmware with FUA=4. Which map(s) are you running? Just wondering if you're using map2 like I am...or running an E-85 mix with map5....?
(#948)
Old

Default 07-09-2020, 08:25 AM

I myself haven't been able to use my RS3 much over the last week or so when using V9 FUA=4...so not sure if its helped or solve the problem yet on my end.
(#949)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2020, 08:26 AM

Post up logs of the runs too... Once we know this low boost issue is 100% resolved I have some ideas to improve WGDC control and performance across the board.

Burger Motorsports

(#950)
Old

Default 07-09-2020, 09:41 AM

Cool... what kind of runs are look for that will help the most...?