N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#526)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-12-2020, 10:14 AM

We're still waiting for production to wrap up, don't have a date, but can't imagine it will be too much longer.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#527)
Old

Car: 2019 Accord Sport 1.5
Default 01-14-2020, 03:28 PM

Terry, just read this whole thread and installed my kit. When you get a chance would you check out my log? I only run shell 93 octane, I think they look good from when ive compared them to others on here. Also, the CVT in my 2019 Accord sport seems a teeny tiny bit confused under part throttle on MAP 2, are there any adjusts I should know about it that may cure that? No biggie if you think this MAP 3 looks good. I'll continue to monitor the logs. Thanks for the great product!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-13 10_28_02_Map-3 (1).csv (18.3 KB, 103 views)
(#528)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-15-2020, 10:13 AM

Log looks solid to me! No signs of knock, boost and AFR are good.

For the part throttle try to capture the issue on a log and we'll see if anything looks off. Could just be adaption related though.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#529)
Old

Car: Honda C-RV
Default 01-15-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModularHonda
Terry, just read this whole thread and installed my kit. When you get a chance would you check out my log? I only run shell 93 octane, I think they look good from when ive compared them to others on here. Also, the CVT in my 2019 Accord sport seems a teeny tiny bit confused under part throttle on MAP 2, are there any adjusts I should know about it that may cure that? No biggie if you think this MAP 3 looks good. I'll continue to monitor the logs. Thanks for the great product!
Is it surging a bit about 55-60 when cruising and then stops? or something else?
(#530)
Old

Default 01-15-2020, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Log looks solid to me! No signs of knock, boost and AFR are good.

For the part throttle try to capture the issue on a log and we'll see if anything looks off. Could just be adaption related though.
Thank you for checking it, Terry. And I think youíre right, itís the adaption in the car, if I drove it more on that MAP it would prob resolve in no time, I did capture a quick log by luck and I think itís the timing moving a little that caused it to feel that way. Typical behavior on a fresh MAP I assume, no worries. Hereís a log for the curious.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-15 18_34_36_Map-2.csv (8.8 KB, 105 views)
(#531)
Old

Default 01-15-2020, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accurus
Is it surging a bit about 55-60 when cruising and then stops? or something else?
Only noticed it when cruising, honestly canít remember if itís in one or two speed ranges, I think Terry nailed it as part of the adaption. Since MAP 3 is working well in this cooler weather Iíll prob stick with it and the watch the logs when it warms up. I ran MAP 4 and the logs looked pretty darn good to me, but it was 33 degrees this morning so I assumed good 93 and cold air would work fine.
(#532)
Old

Default 01-16-2020, 07:33 AM

I had a similar glitch with the CRV, it was fully resolved with the last 2 firmware upgrades so I'm sure Terry will sort it. It seems that some speed/rpm is right where the turbo fully spools and the extra boost was causing the cvt to want to shift, then it went back up in gear when it realized it didn't need to. At least in the Crv's case.
(#533)
Old

Default 01-16-2020, 08:22 AM

just an fyi, ktuner maps for the crv seem to have issues, some posts are gone as a flame war started mentioning the jb4 but the op on his own may be looking at a jb4 and others

KTuner tuning accessory making no difference | Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums

Ktuner Stage 1 on 18 CRV Touring | Page 3 | Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
(#534)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-16-2020, 09:11 AM

Let them know where to find us. The JB4 is a great alternative to ktuner for many reasons.

Burger Motorsports

(#535)
Old

Car: Civic type R
Default 04-05-2020, 05:56 AM

Hi Terry, can you please look at these 2 logs and let me know what you think?
Stock 2019 Type R
94 octane on map 3.
Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200324_1206_runs(1).csv (1.7 KB, 72 views)
File Type: csv 20200331_1242_runs(2).csv (17.9 KB, 66 views)
(#536)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-07-2020, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex
Hi Terry, can you please look at these 2 logs and let me know what you think?
Stock 2019 Type R
94 octane on map 3.
Thanks!!
Looks good but gas pedal is not going 100% here. Something blocking it?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#537)
Old

Default 04-07-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks good but gas pedal is not going 100% here. Something blocking it?
Hmmm. Not that I know of. Iíll try to get some more logs and see. Thanks!!
(#538)
Old

Car: 2020 Honda Accord 2.0t
Default 04-08-2020, 04:56 PM

So I installed the jb4 on my new 2.0t Accord sport. Everything is working great. I am running in map 0 (factory). Because I only have 600 or so mile on the car. My question is when or how many miles until it is safe to get on it on in the other maps for engine health. Thanks
(#539)
Old

Default 04-08-2020, 05:04 PM

Also can u disable the speedlimiter with the jb4
(#540)
Old

Default 04-08-2020, 05:16 PM

Hey Terry, I redid the runs. Can you please look at them again?
2019 Type R. Bone stock. 94 octane
Thanks!!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200408_130447_runs(1).csv (6.9 KB, 82 views)
File Type: csv 20200408_130105_runs(1).csv (8.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv 20200408_125953_runs(1).csv (7.3 KB, 75 views)
(#541)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 08:44 AM

Is this an active page??
(#542)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-15-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplav1982
So I installed the jb4 on my new 2.0t Accord sport. Everything is working great. I am running in map 0 (factory). Because I only have 600 or so mile on the car. My question is when or how many miles until it is safe to get on it on in the other maps for engine health. Thanks
Whenever you like. We run JB4 on our car with less than 100 miles on them.

Quote:
Also can u disable the speedlimiter with the jb4
Not at the moment, sorry.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#543)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 09:35 AM

Thanks!!
(#544)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 04:12 PM

So I installed the jb4 on my Accord sport 2.0 and love it. My question is what are the horse power gains for maps 1-3 I can't find the avg anywhere
(#545)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-15-2020, 04:15 PM

Not sure if we have any Accord dynos specifically posted but the higher the map, the more aggressive the boost target, and presuming knock is under control, the more power.

Burger Motorsports

(#546)
Old

Default 04-15-2020, 04:56 PM

I am a newb lol is it safe to run the pre installed maps. And what is knock? Lol sorry I'm learning. Everything is doing good right now but I really haven't pushed it yet
(#547)
Old

Car: 2019 Civic Type R FK8
Default 04-18-2020, 09:33 AM

New here, wondering anybody with an 2019 FK8 that has been running this for a decent amount of time, esp with mods. I drive a lot and am wondering what to expect. Just going to have an intake to start but also wondering if much difference after adding a catback or possibly down pipe as well?

Last edited by marcusgibbs; 04-18-2020 at 10:26 PM..
(#548)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-18-2020, 11:00 AM

Quote:
I am a newb lol is it safe to run the pre installed maps. And what is knock? Lol sorry I'm learning. Everything is doing good right now but I really haven't pushed it yet
The JB4 records knock among all other safety parameters so you can always record a log and post it if you want us to check it for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#549)
Old
Olimpiakos

Car: 335i e90
Default 04-23-2020, 03:14 PM

Hey Terry. So Im picking up a 2020 2.0 Accord this weekend. About to order a jb4 on the website. The non type R one correct? And does the intake fit the 2.0 also?
Thanks man

YMB F80 M3- Jb4
F85 X5M-Jb4
(#550)
Old

Car: Accord Sport 2.0t 10AT
Default 04-24-2020, 01:27 PM

Can someone review this log map4 on e30
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200422_2114_runs(1)(1).csv (9.1 KB, 77 views)