N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#876)
Old

Car: 335d
Default 06-12-2020, 09:37 AM

Hmm.. just realized user adjustment settings always show A boost safety of 35.5.. for some reason thought it was 25 before. Oh well.
(#877)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot
Hey Terry.. why is the boost safety set so high in the new firmware map2.. its at 35.5..?
It's a user adjustable field so you can set it to whatever you'd like. Mine is set to 26psi.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#878)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 09:57 AM

Got it.. thx Terry
(#879)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 04:18 PM

Howdy...per some spirited driving today I got a 'Drive System Malfunction' situation which eventually cleared itself after shutting the car off a couple of times. Any idea what causes this and whether any concern? Im running the latest firmware map2 with FutureUseA set to 1. I also got a CEL 8A4A that I can't find any info on. BTW, no low/no boost situations today. Info/help appreciated.
(#880)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-12-2020, 05:19 PM

8A4A is a TMAP related fault so probably related to the test algorithm changes. Just keep a note of what comes up under what setting.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#881)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 06:35 PM

Will do
(#882)
Old

Default 06-12-2020, 07:18 PM

Btw, want to make sure I didn’t fat finger the N20 TMAP setting. It’s set to 1.. is that correct?
(#883)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-13-2020, 03:24 PM

Yes TMAP = 1, but if you enter 0 it should correct itself back to 1 automatically. We soft "hard coded" it in the firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#884)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 06-14-2020, 06:42 AM

I've tested up to number 3 on Future use A

I've had the no/low boost on 1 and 2 although not as bad as before.

3 so far so good. I'll keep testing, but something is working here
(#885)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 08:43 AM

Interesting.. If 3 is working better, worth testing 8 to see if it makes it worse. It's the opposite of 3.

Burger Motorsports

(#886)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 03:13 PM

I had been running at #1..but just did a good vigorous mountain drive at #3. All went good for most of the drive but was able get a no boost situation while leaning on the peddle hard on the freeway. Going back to #1 and see how goes.
(#887)
Old

Default 06-14-2020, 04:30 PM

Just got it into a no boost condition on the freeway set at #1. Hard pulls on the highway seem to be how I best repro the issue. Now set at #4. Several hard pulls on the highway so far with no problems.
(#888)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-14-2020, 04:45 PM

The problem is going to be intermittent by nature which makes it tricky to pin down.

Burger Motorsports

(#889)
Old

Default 06-15-2020, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The problem is going to be intermittent by nature which makes it tricky to pin down.
Was far from intermittent for me. I used to get it 90% of the time
(#890)
Old

Default 06-15-2020, 06:46 AM

Is there any danger on going through random numbers ?
(#891)
Old

Car: 2020 Rs3 Nardo edition
Default 06-15-2020, 06:50 AM

I ran on 4 all night yesterday and didn’t have any “no boost” scenarios. I’ll keep you posted as I️ continue driving
(#892)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad.las
Is there any danger on going through random numbers ?
Anything over 8 would be placebo effect

Some (or all?) may trigger a fault code. Once we figure out if any improve the no-boost situation consistently then I'll focus in on that change to work out any bugs.

Burger Motorsports

(#893)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad.las
Was far from intermittent for me. I used to get it 90% of the time

Burger Motorsports

(#894)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-16-2020, 01:42 PM

Made a small batch of flapper bypass plugs to see if they might be a viable product. If anyone needs some could use your feedback.

https://www.burgertuning.com/product...r-bypass-plugs

Burger Motorsports

(#895)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-20-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-800
Update.

Since reconnecting the top manifold boost sensor Iím now getting no / low boost again.
If you need individual tech support then you'd want to email George. We only do general tech support in the thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#896)
Old

Default 06-20-2020, 10:14 PM

Well.. I haven’t been driving the RS3 much this week.. but took it out this evening and wasn’t even pushin that hard.. but I experienced a no boost situation while leaning into merging onto an expressway with the new firmware on the #4 setting. I had thought #4 was the trick based recent use. I’m going to leave it there for a awhile and see how it goes...
(#897)
Old

Default 06-20-2020, 10:20 PM

T-800...based on your recent notes.. I’m starting to wonder if theres some kind of interaction or timing problem with the upper boost sensor..? How does your car run in general when not connected to it?

Terry/George.. any impacts or concerns when running not connected to the upper boost sensor?
(#898)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2020, 10:30 AM

The JB4 powers up off the red/black/yellow harness. So if you decide to run just one sensor make sure you're using the red/black/yellow harness to attach. You can attach the JB4 to just the pre-throttle sensor or just the manifold sensor. But for tuning to work properly it needs to be attached to both sensors so best to use map2 or less if just connecting to one or the other. If there is a large boost variance between sensors detected you'll get a limp mode.

We've already tested connecting or not connecting the manifold sensor and it didn't make a huge difference but certainly keep track of what works and doesn't work for your specific test.

Some of the FUA test settings only impact the manifold sensor while others impact only the pre-throttle sensor.

Burger Motorsports

(#899)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2020, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-800
I don’t require support
OK then your post was just confusing, read to me like you were asking for help sorting out a sensor issue.

Burger Motorsports

(#900)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2020, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot
Well.. I havenít been driving the RS3 much this week.. but took it out this evening and wasnít even pushin that hard.. but I experienced a no boost situation while leaning into merging onto an expressway with the new firmware on the #4 setting. I had thought #4 was the trick based recent use. Iím going to leave it there for a awhile and see how it goes...
I've noticed the ECU also runs a low boost target when the water temp is really cold during warmup, had at least one customer confuse that for a low boost condition. Worth noting to ensure water temp is up before getting on it.

Burger Motorsports