Tuner

Default 01-18-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldony
Quick pull with Firmware 13. 93 oct
Looks good, thx
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2927)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N
Default 01-19-2020, 08:17 PM

Here's a 2nd and 3rd gear pull from a veloster N base (non-performance pack) running 93 octane and map6 on v13
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-16 17_00_15_Map-6.txt.csv (8.4 KB, 88 views)
(#2928)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 01-20-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Couldn't tell you. If you capture a JB4 log of the issue you could check fuel pressure to see if it's dropping under the E85 mix.
I will need to record some logs for you. Was running my usual e85 5gallons rest 91 and ran into the stutter as before. This time check engine light came on and the car was hesitating. I tried to pull the code but nothing came up. I turned the car off and back on and went away. Running map 2 now to be safe. Did notice a small hesitation on a highway pull but nowhere as bad as it was on stage 3.
(#2929)
Old

Car: 2019 Base Veloster N
Default 01-20-2020, 05:08 PM

I drive a base 2019 Veloster N and I'm using map 6 to offset the tune difference the performance pack has.

Last edited by CiHKAL; 01-26-2020 at 02:46 PM..
(#2930)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2020, 06:00 PM

No need for photos like that, just CSV files

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2931)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-20-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiHKAL
I drive a base 2019 Veloster N and I'm using map 6 to offset the tune difference the performance pack has.
Looks OK but really short runs, grab some longer runs!

Burger Motorsports

(#2932)
Old

Default 01-21-2020, 09:21 AM

I hope this provides more helpful info about how FW 13 beta is doing.

I did a couple pulls this morning trying to grab longer runs where I can, apologize if it's a little short still.

From my layman's POV I'm really happy with the JB4. I have experience with Hondata and APR with other fun cars I have, or have access to. This device though, is really awesome!

If you want specific data I'm happy to provide it if it helps with evaluating the firmware, thanks!

Last edited by CiHKAL; 01-26-2020 at 02:47 PM..
(#2933)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-21-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiHKAL
I hope this provides more helpful info about how FW 13 beta is doing.

I did a couple pulls this morning trying to grab longer runs where I can, apologize if it's a little short still.

From my layman's POV I'm really happy with the JB4. I have experience with Hondata and APR with other fun cars I have, or have access to. This device though, is really awesome!

If you want specific data I'm happy to provide it if it helps with evaluating the firmware, thanks!
Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2934)
Old

Default 01-21-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Looks good to me!
Awesome, glad to hear the system and car are running well!
(#2935)
Old

Default log review - 01-21-2020, 06:15 PM

please review logs. I had break up under full throttle multiple times
little over 5gal e85 with rest 91 running map 2 even worse with map 3
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200121_1748.csv (19.5 KB, 83 views)
(#2936)
Old

Default 01-22-2020, 09:44 AM

I just got a CEL for P0174 (Bank 1 too lean) which I can't delete. The only change I've made recently is updating to V13. So I've been fine for the past 10,000 or so miles on the current plugs.

Any ideas? I went heavier on the E85 last fill (6 gallons E85 to 8 gallons 93, which was about 200 miles ago), but the only E85 code I've ever gotten was a MAP sensor issue when I accidentally filled the whole tank with E85 (someone started talking to me when I was filling my car).
(#2937)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2020, 10:44 AM

Normal fault from running a heavier E85 mix. Delete faults with ignition on, engine off. It will come back eventually until you lighten the E85 mix.

Burger Motorsports

(#2938)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargtsi
please review logs. I had break up under full throttle multiple times
little over 5gal e85 with rest 91 running map 2 even worse with map 3
Keep it on map2 then, and lets see a longer run for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#2939)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 01-22-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
I just got a CEL for P0174 (Bank 1 too lean) which I can't delete. The only change I've made recently is updating to V13. So I've been fine for the past 10,000 or so miles on the current plugs.

Any ideas? I went heavier on the E85 last fill (6 gallons E85 to 8 gallons 93, which was about 200 miles ago), but the only E85 code I've ever gotten was a MAP sensor issue when I accidentally filled the whole tank with E85 (someone started talking to me when I was filling my car).

Wow - how did you solve the 100% E85 problem? Were you able to drive it on map0 or whatever to burn off a few gallons?
(#2940)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 01-22-2020, 04:33 PM

Did two full send Runs Map 5 V13 firmware. 2 Gal of Sunoco 260 GT

DA was 6500 + today so not my best 1/4 mile runs but these were 12.6's 1/4's via draggy it felt strong.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2020-01-22 11_04_48_Map-5.csv (18.4 KB, 78 views)
File Type: csv 2020-01-22 11_06_35_Map-5.csv (14.2 KB, 86 views)
(#2941)
Old

Default 01-22-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Keep it on map2 then, and lets see a longer run for comparison.
Messed up and didnt save the log for the last run today. Even on Map 2 sputtered hard check engine light and car sputtered until I turned the car off and restarted. No code pulled when I tried to check again. It now defaulted to Map 0 and leaving it for now. Did pulls on map 0 and seems fine. The major stutter happened in between 3k and 4500k
(#2942)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2020, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Did two full send Runs Map 5 V13 firmware. 2 Gal of Sunoco 260 GT

DA was 6500 + today so not my best 1/4 mile runs but these were 12.6's 1/4's via draggy it felt strong.
A high DA like that is always going to be hard but logs look clean to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2943)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-22-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Messed up and didnt save the log for the last run today. Even on Map 2 sputtered hard check engine light and car sputtered until I turned the car off and restarted. No code pulled when I tried to check again. It now defaulted to Map 0 and leaving it for now. Did pulls on map 0 and seems fine. The major stutter happened in between 3k and 4500k
If you got a CEL make sure you don't delete codes, need to read that CEL so you know what cylinder is acting up. It should still be there maybe try reading with a generic OBDII reader just to rule out any sort of JB4 reading bug?

Burger Motorsports

(#2944)
Old

Default 01-23-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Normal fault from running a heavier E85 mix. Delete faults with ignition on, engine off. It will come back eventually until you lighten the E85 mix.
Filled up with 93 at about 1/3 of a tank left. Cleared the CEL and about 100 miles later it looks like we're good. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboAWD
Wow - how did you solve the 100% E85 problem? Were you able to drive it on map0 or whatever to burn off a few gallons?
The 100% E85 was surprisingly smooth. It broke up at high (90%+) throttle due to what I suspect to be the fuel pressure issue. I had a 300 mile drive shortly after so I suppressed my desire to go WOT and filled up with 93 once I hit 1/3 of a tank.
(#2945)
Old

Default 01-23-2020, 01:33 PM

Quote:
If you got a CEL make sure you don't delete codes, need to read that CEL so you know what cylinder is acting up. It should still be there maybe try reading with a generic OBDII reader just to rule out any sort of JB4 reading bug?
I was able to pull the codes with a reader.
P0302 and P0306 cylinder 2 and 6 missfire.
No issues when running map 0. This is odd as I had no troubles for last 8 months running map 3 til now. Debating on changing plugs to the 2 step colder densos

Last edited by stargtsi; 01-23-2020 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: Added info
(#2946)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2020, 05:32 PM

New plugs are a good start at least in those cylinders, gap down to 0.020" since you're having issues.

Burger Motorsports

(#2947)
Old

Default 01-23-2020, 05:41 PM

Quote:
New plugs are a good start at least in those cylinders, gap down to 0.020" since you're having issues.
Im ordering full 6 set since doing 2 steps colder this time. Still recommend gapping at .20 or .22 since will be running map 3 max.
(#2948)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Im ordering full 6 set since doing 2 steps colder this time. Still recommend gapping at .20 or .22 since will be running map 3 max.
For the 2step we suggest 0.020, a little tighter than the usual DENSO plugs.

Burger Motorsports

(#2949)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-23-2020, 10:06 PM

Got some EWG connector samples in. Sent one set out already, could use a couple more cars who need them. The first most obvious application seems to be cars with modified exhaust systems, stock flash or aftermarket flash, that are over-boosting. If you think you'd make a good test candidate email me.

Installation isn't too bad. 4 wires plug in to existing JB4 harness positions. If you already have the IAT wire installed, that has to be relocated (cut/spliced unless you have a DSUB removal tool). The EWG on the passenger side requires airbox bottom to come up to reach it while I was able to get the driver side without removing anything, although the connector is a bit finicky/tight.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2950)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 01-23-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Got some EWG connector samples in. Sent one set out already, could use a couple more cars who need them. The first most obvious application seems to be cars with modified exhaust systems, stock flash or aftermarket flash, that are over-boosting. If you think you'd make a good test candidate email me.

Installation isn't too bad. 4 wires plug in to existing JB4 harness positions. If you already have the IAT wire installed, that has to be relocated (cut/spliced unless you have a DSUB removal tool). The EWG on the passenger side requires airbox bottom to come up to reach it while I was able to get the driver side without removing anything, although the connector is a bit finicky/tight.
Can't wait to see the results!