N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW 335I / VW 2.0T
Default 29DC HPFP - 07-25-2019, 12:25 PM

After an engine swap I keep getting (no every time I WOT) fault 29DC. Engine backfires every time I WOT, but every now and then throws the fault and goes into limp mode. It usually happens 5psi+ boost. Last safety on JB4 shows 3 which is lack of fuel. Since I originally installed the engine with it's own HPFP, LPFS, HPFS and injectors in process of elimination I have replaced these parts with parts from the old engine and still experiencing the issue. I have attached 3 logs, from idle, 2nd and 3rd gear acceleration.

*I used my ECU, CAS and key to move the donor car which is AT. Mine is MT and for whatever reason ECU accepted the AT and kept looking for it after I reinstalled the ECU back onto my car. INPA help me with that.
Attached Files
File Type: csv idle.csv (59.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: csv 2ndgear.csv (11.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: csv 3rdgear.csv (11.9 KB, 78 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-25-2019, 09:12 PM

Based on the 2nd gear & 3rd gear logs- your HPFP absolutely tanks- to as low as “2”- or roughly 300psi...

I’d say your hpfp is shot

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-25-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Based on the 2nd gear & 3rd gear logs- your HPFP absolutely tanks- to as low as 2- or roughly 300psi...

Id say your hpfp is shot
I'm getting same results with two diferent HPFP that work ok on other engines. What else could be ?
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-27-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwetish
I'm getting same results with two diferent HPFP that work ok on other engines. What else could be ?
Based on the log- the only glaring issue is that hpfp reading.

Guess you could put the hpfp on another car / log that to confirm.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 07-27-2019, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Based on the log- the only glaring issue is that hpfp reading.

Guess you could put the hpfp on another car / log that to confirm.
I tried diferent pump already that held 14 at 6000rpm and 17psi on different engine. I see the fuel pressure drop too but don't think is the HPFP. Can the vacuum pump somehow affect the HPFP? Or I need to find tuner to look into ECU fuel tables?
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-30-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I tried diferent pump already that held 14 at 6000rpm and 17psi on different engine. I see the fuel pressure drop too but don't think is the HPFP. Can the vacuum pump somehow affect the HPFP? Or I need to find tuner to look into ECU fuel tables?
Generally not..

One thing to note- your running an extremely old firmware- lets get you running the most up to date firmware - before you go into editing any tables etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 07-30-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Generally not..

One thing to note- your running an extremely old firmware- lets get you running the most up to date firmware - before you go into editing any tables etc.
Yes, Tery send sent me the file many year ago. He suggested I update the jb4 too. However, engine does the same jb4 or not. So I'm doubtful jb4 firmware would do anything.
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-31-2019, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, Tery send sent me the file many year ago. He suggested I update the jb4 too. However, engine does the same jb4 or not. So I'm doubtful jb4 firmware would do anything.
up to you if you wish to update

Let us know if we can try to assist

Burger Motorsports