N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1226)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 09:15 AM

WMI discussion here: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56205

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1227)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 12-17-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
It's an add on wire to the JB4 harness we're experimenting with that lets it adjust the IAT, originally was testing it for timing control but found it's more useful in situations where we need to increase the flash target. Like really cold weather, with primary *** deletes. For now it's just an experimental thing I'm testing with a couple customers.
Would this help at all with secondary deletes?
(#1228)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalmania82
Would this help at all with secondary deletes?
Don't think so, testing it for primary combined with very cold weather, where throttle closure is an issue due to the low factory boost target in cold weather. The better solution for them longer term will be JB4 EWG control but we're still working on that. The EWG control is going to open up the tuning for larger turbos down the road.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1229)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-17-2018, 11:59 AM

Hey terry I did some test runs on map 0-3 today. No issues so far car pulls very hard and smooth. My afr are around mid to high 11s. I did notice When I did a pull on map 0 in 3rd and my afr are around the same as with all the other maps. Does map 0 not disable everything? Like it drops boost down to stock but fuel changes are still active. Iím running a e85 mix right now if that helps.

Thanks
(#1230)
Old

Default 12-17-2018, 12:16 PM

@Terry,

In some of my logs the "oilf" value is a constant 200, in others it is a constant 0.

Is this an oil temperature switch or is there something else going on?
(#1231)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sym
@Terry,

In some of my logs the "oilf" value is a constant 200, in others it is a constant 0.

Is this an oil temperature switch or is there something else going on?
Oil logging isn't active currently. If you press WMI purge then that is probably what you're seeing in the log, that doubles as a diagnostic button for internal tests we do on the unit prior to shipment.

Burger Motorsports

(#1232)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
Hey terry I did some test runs on map 0-3 today. No issues so far car pulls very hard and smooth. My afr are around mid to high 11s. I did notice When I did a pull on map 0 in 3rd and my afr are around the same as with all the other maps. Does map 0 not disable everything? Like it drops boost down to stock but fuel changes are still active. Iím running a e85 mix right now if that helps.

Thanks
Let me see the map0 log, it should disable fuel control. I can tell from the log and the fuel enrichment parameter.

Burger Motorsports

(#1233)
Old

Default 12-17-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Let me see the map0 log, it should disable fuel control. I can tell from the log and the fuel enrichment parameter.
here is a short map 0 and a map 2 and 3 pull.2018-12-17 10_33_37 Map-0.csv

2018-12-17 10_43_11 Map-2.csv

2018-12-17 10_36_52 Map-3.csv

thx
(#1234)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 12-17-2018, 01:24 PM

Quote:
here is a short map 0 and a map 2 and 3 pull.
You can tell fuel control is not active on your map 0 log because the parameters 'fuelen' (bank 1 bias) and 'calc_torque' (bank 2 bias) are both 0 throughout the run. Your other logs show these with values indicating that fuel control is active
(#1235)
Old

Default 12-17-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
You can tell fuel control is not active on your map 0 log because the parameters 'fuelen' (bank 1 bias) and 'calc_torque' (bank 2 bias) are both 0 throughout the run. Your other logs show these with values indicating that fuel control is active
Thanks now I know what to look for. I wonder why my car is so lean then. Even the runs with fuel wires it does not seem to need to run a leaner afr through most of the rpm range.
(#1236)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
here is a short map 0 and a map 2 and 3 pull.Attachment 82026

Attachment 82027

Attachment 82028

thx
Looks off on map0 to me! If you do a longer run with shifts you should see AFR go to 10:1 on the map0 without fuel control.

The fuel control is meant to balance out the COT mapping in the DME that targets a rich AFR as modeled EGT increases.

Burger Motorsports

(#1237)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 12-17-2018, 04:05 PM

New to the group guys! Purchased a 2019 Stinger GT AWD a few weeks ago and I have to say, I'm really enjoying the car. I have about 1200 miles on it and installed intakes and muffler delete. Gapped factory plugs to .022 as well, thanks to the tips in this thread.

Purchased a JB4 w/fuel wires and wireless connectivity this past weekend and I'm super stoked to get it installed on the car. Let me know if you guys have any tips on anything and I look forward being part of the group.

Last edited by Meltony67; 12-17-2018 at 05:12 PM..
(#1238)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt1
Default 12-17-2018, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltony67
New to the group guys! Purchased a 2019 Stinger GT AWD a few weeks ago and I have to say, I'm really enjoying the car. I have about 1200 miles on it and installed intakes and muffler delete. Gapped factory plugs to .022 as well, thanks to the tips in this thread.

Purchased a JB4 w/fuel wires and wireless connectivity this past weekend and I'm super stoked to get it installed on the car. Let me know if you guys have any tips on anything and I look forward being part of the group.
FYI - not sure you want to gap the stock plugs to 0.022, thatís too tight for those (right terry?). You need the colder densos to do that I think
(#1239)
Old

Default 12-17-2018, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sboylan
FYI - not sure you want to gap the stock plugs to 0.022, thatís too tight for those (right terry?). You need the colder densos to do that I think
I have stock plugs gapped to .024 with no issues so far Iíve run all the maps but run 2 and 3 mostly. That being said I wish I would have put a colder plug now.
(#1240)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 07:03 PM

With v7_BETA3 it appears the passive delete change made didn't work so I reversed it for now.

For using using that feature update and let me know. For those not using it no reason to update that is the only change from BETA2.

Burger Motorsports

(#1241)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
I have stock plugs gapped to .024 with no issues so far Iíve run all the maps but run 2 and 3 mostly. That being said I wish I would have put a colder plug now.
You can gap stock plugs down to 0.020 if you want, no problem at all. But given all the work to take it apart for me the Denso's make more sense. They are a better plug IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#1242)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-18-2018, 03:55 PM

For some reason I can't find Calc Tq on the log. Am I missing it?
(#1243)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungtran505
You're on the latest firmware? It's on column n
(#1244)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 04:15 PM

Yes I'm on the latest firmware.
(#1245)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 04:18 PM

Where is column n?
(#1246)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Where is column n?
Sorry I'm on mobile, but here.
Attached Images

(#1247)
Old

Default 12-18-2018, 04:24 PM

I'm lost what your trying to say. I'm on the latest firmware. But I do not see the Calc Tq anywhere.
(#1248)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-18-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Why looking at CSV? Email log to yourself and view on windows app, or on phone in graph format. May be called dutycycle still in CSV.

I sort of doubt the data itself matters to around 99.9% of you on that parameter... Do you guys know what you're looking at with it?

Burger Motorsports

(#1249)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-18-2018, 10:27 PM

I believe it is still called duty cycle

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#1250)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 12-19-2018, 07:42 AM

Another 60-130 log. Although the boost isn't as high as the last few logs I've posted, but this is my best time so far.

Map 3 on v7 Beta.

Still E30-ish in the tank (about 1/3 tank so weight may be the factor).

Note - not a 1/4 mile time (I wish!)

Next chance, I will try a 1-shift and a 0-shift pull.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-12-19 08_41_42 Map-3 60-130.csv (17.4 KB, 94 views)