N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1176)
Old

Car: 2016 340i
Default 12-14-2018, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3
As someone not familiar with 60-130 comparisons, is a high 11 a decent time? On Dragy I see other cars that *should* be slower (Audi S3, since I used to have one with JB4) posting better times than this but maybe it's due to gearing making it hard to compare between different vehicles? I don't know, but my Stinger would have blown the doors off my S3.
It's hard to decipher what is true on Dragy. At least on the forums, you can call people out for "fake news".

Looking at the 60-130 Audi leader boards on Dragy, one guy posted an 8.09s with a "Stock 2017 S3" whereas another S3 that posed 10.23s had a ton of bolt-ons.
(#1177)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-14-2018, 05:25 PM

Are the "slightly more aggressive" fuel numbers only for e85 only?
(#1178)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2018, 06:52 PM

Just came up with a new fuel control routine this morning that should be a nice upgrade over what we have now. Will share some more data after I've done a bit more testing.

For now use the "old" numbers for pump, "new" numbers for E85 mixtures.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1179)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumma022
It's hard to decipher what is true on Dragy. At least on the forums, you can call people out for "fake news".

Looking at the 60-130 Audi leader boards on Dragy, one guy posted an 8.09s with a "Stock 2017 S3" whereas another S3 that posed 10.23s had a ton of bolt-ons.
Yeah people can lie about the mods easily, or even the car tested. Like anything the data is only as good as the credibility of the person posting it.

Here is a dragy run on our BMW 135i, 4th gear only (no shifts!)

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1180)
Old

Default 12-14-2018, 08:07 PM

2 questions!

Is there anyway I can verify my fuel wires are working BEFORE making any changes?

Why does my AFR plummet to 3.8 for like 3-5 seconds after any 70%+ throttle then let off. Happens even in neutral with a rev. AFR reads while pedal is pressed, shoots to 3.8 and flatlines for like 3-5 seconds after.
(#1181)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 12-14-2018, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroomz
2 questions!

Is there anyway I can verify my fuel wires are working BEFORE making any changes?

Why does my AFR plummet to 3.8 for like 3-5 seconds after any 70%+ throttle then let off. Happens even in neutral with a rev. AFR reads while pedal is pressed, shoots to 3.8 and flatlines for like 3-5 seconds after.
I think thatís normal my car does that too. When you let off the gas the motor is not getting any fuel.
(#1182)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-14-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
2 questions!

Normal operation is for fuel to cut off during deceleration.

Burger Motorsports

(#1183)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt
Default WMI kit - 12-15-2018, 08:06 AM

What do I need to order if I want the WMI? Also when do you think the intakes will be up on your site? I am buying intakes to treat myself for christmas and wanted to wait till yours were up.

Thanks
(#1184)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 09:50 AM

Intakes was supposed to be last week, probably early next week.

On the WMI kit:
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1185)
Old

Default 12-15-2018, 12:31 PM

@Terry

I got my WMI kit installed yesterday. What should I set the signal scaling to? Should I enable the WMI pump PWM bit?
(#1186)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 12:54 PM

Check the WMI install PDF I posted, settings that need to be changed are covered at the bottom page.

Burger Motorsports

(#1187)
Old

Default 12-15-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Check the WMI install PDF I posted, settings that need to be changed are covered at the bottom page.
Thanks Terry. I was up late doing the install so I missed that.

I'll post some logs later.
(#1188)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 01:58 PM

Sounds good!

Burger Motorsports

(#1189)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 04:33 PM

For v7 firmware working on a cool new double-PID fuel control algorithm, nice improvement in AFR control over the single offset algorithm we're using now. Fuel enrichment is bias for bank1, and I plugged bias for bank2 under "calc tq" for now.

Did a bunch of testing this AM and so far, so good. If anyone has time to run a few logs today I left the test firmware in this post. This specific firmware changes the fuel control logic, for it to work right you'll want to set ALL fuel bias values to 80.

I also made an adjustment to the passive delete function which some have reported causes a "pause" during startup. For those using it let me know if it corrects the pause.

*** EDIT have enough out there to get some data in. Will repost in the first post once we know it's solid ***
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#1190)
Old

Default 12-15-2018, 05:03 PM

Quote:
For v7 firmware working on a cool new double-PID fuel control algorithm, nice improvement in AFR control over the single offset algorithm we're using now. Fuel enrichment is bias for bank1, and I plugged bias for bank2 under "calc tq" for now.

Did a bunch of testing this AM and so far, so good. If anyone has time to run a few logs today I left the test firmware in this post. This specific firmware changes the fuel control logic, for it to work right you'll want to set ALL fuel bias values to 80.

I also made an adjustment to the passive delete function which some have reported causes a "pause" during startup. For those using it Let me know if it corrects the pause and still continues to work.
Is there any risk of running these beta software updates?
(#1191)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 05:19 PM

Risk is higher than well tested firmware. But, I wouldn't post it if we didn't think it was safe for use and an upgrade over the existing firmware. It's posted for people who are in to logging and testing things out.

Burger Motorsports

(#1192)
Old

Default 12-15-2018, 05:29 PM

So just set all fuel settings to 80 for all available rpm slots in the bias settings?
(#1193)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 05:38 PM

Right all 80 at all RPM as the logic is different in v7. It's still 0 = no bias and 100 = maximum bias. But there are other factors now and it's all run through a control loop.

Burger Motorsports

(#1194)
Old

Default 12-15-2018, 09:19 PM

So this accounts for estimated octane for changing AFR?

Good **** either way. Love the improvements always being made.

Don't mean to ask stupid questions, but is there any way I can verify my fuel wires are reading correctly before inputting any numbers. Had a problem with positap connection before and just want to make sure they are reading right!
(#1195)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-15-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
So this accounts for estimated octane for changing AFR?

Good **** either way. Love the improvements always being made.

Don't mean to ask stupid questions, but is there any way I can verify my fuel wires are reading correctly before inputting any numbers. Had a problem with positap connection before and just want to make sure they are reading right!
New logic is much more dynamic in how the AFR changes are done, I really like it. The logs should tell us the story as to how much better it is relative to the current logic.

Best way to confirm AFR wires are functional is to monitor fuel trims in the log, the will be lower with wires properly connected vs. without, and relatively close together. If one bank is 15% apart it probably has a poor connection.

Burger Motorsports

(#1196)
Old

Default 12-15-2018, 09:39 PM

Awesome. That's what I suspected. They seem to be a-ok. May just try out this firmware on my hiking trip tomorrow. :x

I really like the dynamic aspect as well.
(#1197)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 10:33 AM

Logs look good, thanks. If you have a plug issue you'll get sputtering or misfire.

Timing here looks as expected for map2 and 93 octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#1198)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 12-16-2018, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Logs look good, thanks. If you have a plug issue you'll get sputtering or misfire.

Timing here looks as expected for map2 and 93 octane.
That's good news. The AFR definitely looks nicer!
(#1199)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 10:41 AM

Yes the new AFR control is working perfectly here! Looking forward to more longer runs from the testing group.

Burger Motorsports

(#1200)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2018, 12:16 PM

Question for how we handle fuel settings in v7. With the new logic I don't expect user fuel bias changes will be overly useful and having different suggested settings for different firmware versions is an area of confusion I want to remove. So I'm thinking of hard coding them in the firmware rather than using the fuel bias user adjustment column.

Only drawback here is for those without fuel control wires, by default, logging AFR won't be accurate. Instead we will have a FUD option for disabling fuel control and those without fuel control wire will have to check that option to have accurate AFR logging. There will be no tuning implication so running without fuel wires and the option not selected won't effect performance.

For those who prefer more granular AFR adjustment we will leave that active if selecting another FUD bit to enable it.

Overall I think it's a good move which will make things easier for most of our customers who don't want to bother with fuel settings. Thoughts?

Burger Motorsports