N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#426)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 08-13-2018, 05:31 PM

What maps would you like to see the most?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#427)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 08-13-2018, 05:56 PM

Also any plans for a JB for the C63?

VRSF 5" FMIC, VRSF *********, BMS DCI, JB4 G5 ISO, RB Turbos, BMS Flash, Muffler Delete
(#428)
Old

Car: 2012 135i M-sport package
Default 08-26-2018, 07:47 AM

Is there a metal enclosure available for this JB4? I thought I remember seeing it somewhere on the BMS website, but I can't find it now.
(#429)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-27-2018, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsalami
Is there a metal enclosure available for this JB4? I thought I remember seeing it somewhere on the BMS website, but I can't find it now.
Yup!! All the way on the bottom, Billet Casing

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#430)
Old

Car: 2012 135i M-sport package
Default 08-27-2018, 03:26 PM

That specifically mentions E/F series BMW. Will this W205 MB JB4 fit perfectly in that case? Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Yup!! All the way on the bottom, Billet Casing

http://www.burgertuning.com/JB4_upgrades.html
(#431)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-28-2018, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsalami
That specifically mentions E/F series BMW. Will this W205 MB JB4 fit perfectly in that case? Thanks,
Yes, sorry about that. I'll have them fix the description.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#432)
Old

Car: Mercedes C43
Default 08-28-2018, 02:57 PM

Here are a few quick logs from last week on my C43. Seems like I don't make map 2 target boost of 6 psi until 4th gear? What all should I be looking for when making adjustments on my map 6? I'm sure the Texas heat isn't helping, but our platform seems to be very sensitive to IAT. DA varied between 2200 and 2900 during these logs.

Map 6 (starting IAT around 116F), 3rd and 4th gear

Name:  IMG_7344.PNG
Views: 687
Size:  184.4 KB

Map 6 (added .2 psi across rpm and starting IAT around 112F), 3rd and 4th gear

Name:  IMG_7364.PNG
Views: 687
Size:  161.6 KB

Map 2 (starting IAT was 95F), 3rd gear

Name:  IMG_7393.PNG
Views: 684
Size:  161.9 KB

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 08-28-2018 at 03:04 PM..
(#433)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2018, 04:07 PM

Post the CSV files for logs, so I can open and view them in the JB4 interface. But the target is a request. The turbos may not be able to hit that request until EGT gets up which is what you are probably seeing.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

(#434)
Old

Car: MERCEDES C400
Default 08-28-2018, 05:02 PM

Here is two logs with a map6 in my c400

Both logs starting in 2nd Gear DA around 2600

First log 93 Degrees outside with 93 fuel
Second log 95 Degrees outside with E30

Doing this from my phone so hopefully I got the logs to upload correctly.
Attached Files
File Type: csv V3- 93 degrees Fuel 93 .csv (18.0 KB, 129 views)
File Type: csv V3- 95 degrees Fuel E30.csv (12.3 KB, 127 views)
(#435)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2018, 06:15 PM

Both look really clean to me. Timing rolling up towards redline, boost on target, AFR in check.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#436)
Old

Default 08-28-2018, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Post the CSV files for logs, so I can open and view them in the JB4 interface. But the target is a request. The turbos may not be able to hit that request until EGT gets up which is what you are probably seeing.
My bad! All runs on E25. How does EGT effect our cars?

2018-08-22 19_44_31.csv

2018-08-23 map6 heat v2 throttle fail.csv

2018-08-27 20_17_58.csv

2018-08-28 19_54_02.csv

Last edited by HTXgearhead; 08-28-2018 at 07:00 PM..
(#437)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2018, 07:52 PM

In lots of ways, but what I was referring too above is when you're working against limits of the turbo itself, as EGT goes up there is more relative exhaust pressure to hit higher boost targets.

What's wrong with the "throttle fail" log?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#438)
Old

Car: 2018 AMG C43
Default 08-28-2018, 09:00 PM

check these
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-27 10_15_33.csv (47.0 KB, 132 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-27 10_17_23.csv (13.5 KB, 138 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-28 10_36_28.csv (23.0 KB, 125 views)
(#439)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-28-2018, 09:16 PM

Using boost by speed I see, looks fine to me!

Burger Motorsports

(#440)
Old

Default 08-29-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
In lots of ways, but what I was referring too above is when you're working against limits of the turbo itself, as EGT goes up there is more relative exhaust pressure to hit higher boost targets.

What's wrong with the "throttle fail" log?
I was under the impression that big drops in throttle indicated that I was requesting too much boost. Are large dips in the throttle ok? Is there a better method to adjusting target boost in map 6?
(#441)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 08-31-2018, 09:02 AM

Will this work with the GLC43 AMG? I assume so since it is the same exact engine as the C43.

(#442)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 09:04 AM

Yes

Burger Motorsports

(#443)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-31-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
I was under the impression that big drops in throttle indicated that I was requesting too much boost. Are large dips in the throttle ok? Is there a better method to adjusting target boost in map 6?
Throttle is used to regulate boost if it jumps over target or the target suddenly changes. Dips are fine. If the throttle is consistently closed that would indicate a physical issue with the car that needs to be resolved like a stuck wastegate.

Burger Motorsports

(#444)
Old

Car: C400
Default 09-02-2018, 07:37 AM

Hey Terry,

I am hoping you can tell me your thoughts on running JB1 on Map 2 on 91 octane at 5K+ ft altitude. I have researched the octane at altitude topic but there seems to be much debate. The idea is that 91 octane at high altitude performs the same as 93 would at sea level but that seems to be for NA cars and not turbo cars. I really would like to run map 2 but we only have 91 octane fuel in CO. If the answer is to run some logs on map 2 and evaluate, what should I be looking for in the logs that would indicate the car is behaving badly? Thanks for the help!
(#445)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-02-2018, 09:55 AM

I'd have to see the JB4 log to evaluate it myself. Mainly looking at the ignition advance profile during longer single gear pulls, and shortly after shifts, for 3 degree drops indicating pull back.

Burger Motorsports

(#446)
Old

Car: C400
Default 09-02-2018, 01:58 PM

Thanks. I was hoping maybe the question had been asked before. Looks like I will have to upgrade to the JB4 so I can get a better log to evaluate
(#447)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-04-2018, 08:10 PM

I remember for the E9x, one could simply clear the ECU and remove any data about max boost pressure and the dealer would see no evidence of the tune having been installed. Is that still the case with these newer cars? I have heard rumors of peak boost being permanently recorded, but I imagine that is just speculation.

(#448)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-04-2018, 09:20 PM

The JB4 prevents the ECU from ever seeing true peak boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#449)
Old

Default 09-10-2018, 03:58 PM

New logs:
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-05 07_45_39.csv (4.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-05 19_54_24.csv (4.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-07 11_00_57.csv (5.2 KB, 118 views)
(#450)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2018, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTXgearhead
New logs:
With logs be sure to post the car details, fuel details, and mod details with them.

Burger Motorsports