N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-14-2016, 02:46 PM

OP, how's the sensor working out for you?
(#27)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 07-15-2016, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
OP, how's the sensor working out for you?
I ended up going with the 3.5 BAR. No problems here.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#28)
Old

Default 07-15-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
I ended up going with the 3.5 BAR. No problems here.
@suspenceful, I just realized you're the 135i on youtube running 21psi on some insanely magical e60tune that has all those kills.
I love your videos.

Where did you get your 3.5bar TMAP from? What did it cost? Did you need an adapater? Did you need any new o ring? Did you have to set up MHD a certain way outside of just checking the options menu that you have 3.5bar TMAP?
Did you have to let your tuner know?
(#29)
Old

Default 07-15-2016, 07:27 AM

Quote:
@suspenceful, I just realized you're the 135i on youtube running 21psi on some insanely magical e60tune that has all those kills.
I love your videos.

Where did you get your 3.5bar TMAP from? What did it cost? Did you need an adapater? Did you need any new o ring? Did you have to set up MHD a certain way outside of just checking the options menu that you have 3.5bar TMAP?
Did you have to let your tuner know?
Lol, thanks man.

I bought the sensor from ECSTuning: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...531/ES2523391/

You will also need the adapter from BMS: http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

I used the o-ring that it came with. It was a really tight fit. I use JB4 and MHD. Didn't have to do anything with the MHD side, only in the JB4 interface. Changed the value from 0 to 1. Loaded up the BMS E85 (KR) flash via MHD and I was done.

(#30)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-15-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Lol, thanks man.

I bought the sensor from ECSTuning: http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...531/ES2523391/

You will also need the adapter from BMS: http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

I used the o-ring that it came with. It was a really tight fit. I use JB4 and MHD. Didn't have to do anything with the MHD side, only in the JB4 interface. Changed the value from 0 to 1. Loaded up the BMS E85 (KR) flash via MHD and I was done.
How's that KR option treating you? I've been itching to give it a go, probably overly cautious.

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, DP and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#31)
Old

Default 07-15-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Lol, thanks man.

Awesome. Thank you. I will order today. I am trying to get my 335i on stock brand new turbo's in your league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCuda
How's that KR option treating you? I've been itching to give it a go, probably overly cautious.
He's killing some VERY fast cars. SO many of us on youtube are like WTF? I still think he has a custom tune but he's keeping his secrets tight if he does.
(#32)
Old

Default 07-15-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaCuda
It's been fine with me. I'm running a custom map 6 targeting 22psi.

Three 1/4 mile events, one 1/2 mile event, and over 100 WOT pulls on the street. No smoke, no problems. All on the KR version with ~E50 in the tank at all times. Mixed with 92 or 93 octane.

Quote:
Awesome. Thank you. I will order today. I am trying to get my 335i on stock brand new turbo's in your league.

He's killing some VERY fast cars. SO many of us on youtube are like WTF? I still think he has a custom tune but he's keeping his secrets tight if he does.
It might help that I have new plugs, coils, injectors, and a fresh walnut blast. The 135i is slightly lighter than the 335i as well. But thanks, I appreciate the kind words. The car feels like a monster.

(#33)
Old

Car: 2007 335i
Default 07-15-2016, 02:18 PM

killing cars is fun... and a new Z06 gave me a hard time this morning. Thinking about fixing that.

2007 335i 4dr JB4, Hexon RR600, Inlets, 4Bar, Index 12, Boost Concept Pump, DCI, FMIC, DP and full exhaust, Burger Meth, MHD BEF. Auto.
(#34)
Old
Enginerd

Car: 2009 135i
Default 07-15-2016, 04:16 PM

Easy fix, move somewhere with higher altitude... NA cars are easy targets up here. Hell, I can pull even with a new R6 on stock snails up here (granted, I'm running crazy "kill the snails" settings right now)

--2009 BMW 135i--2016 Nissan Titan XD (Turbo Cummins ISV)--2016 VW Tiguan 2.0Tsi --1988 Beechcraft Bonanza--Suzuki GSX-R 1000--Honda CBR-600RR--

JB4 G5 ISO | MHD | E85 | Fuel-It S3 LPFP / PI | MFactory S3+ Clutch / SMFW / LSD / Mounts | Diff Lock | UUC Tranny Mounts | DwnPipes / Exhaust / FMIC | Chargepipe / Tial | KW V3s | HR Sways | HPA full M3 Suspension | BMS DCI / Oil Cooler Valve / Cowl Filters / 4bar / 2Step / OCC | RB PCV | Stri Gauges | Pole Position 225/265 | Installing: DR 6466ST
(#35)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 1 Series M
Default Sputter, smoke and stall with 4BAR TMAP Sensor Istall - 11-30-2016, 07:29 PM

Hey guys. I purchased and installed the 4BAR but my car sputtered and quit on my multiple times. I set the MHD setting to the prescribed setting as well and still came up with a sputter, black smoke out of my tail-***** and stall. I put the factory back in, reset the MHD flash and everything was working again.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tim
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2016, 08:43 PM

No JB4 involved? If its MHD only there are special settings required in the flash file for it to work.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#37)
Old

Car: 535ix
Default 04-24-2017, 01:36 PM

I have an 2010 E60 (535xi), will the 3.5 bar and 4 bar for the same year 3 series work?
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-24-2017, 05:31 PM

Both work.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#39)
Old

Default 04-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the response Terry. I looked on your website and I could not find the 3.5 tmap. Can you possible share the link for it?
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-25-2017, 09:17 AM

http://www.burgertuning.com/N54_JB4_upgrades.html

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 04-26-2017, 12:43 PM

Thanks Terry!
(#42)
Old
Banned

Default 04-26-2017, 01:56 PM

Where can I buy 4 bar Bosch tamp?
(#43)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 04-28-2017, 08:38 AM

Anyone else getting 2ABC or 2ABD codes with the 4 bar (accompanied with 3100 and 30ff/fe)? 4 bar runs fine for me except when the temperature is hot outside and I'm sitting in some traffic. Seems like the sensor has this issue when it heats up. I can clear the codes hundreds of times and they come back... Until I pop the hood and let the under hood temps drop they just reappear.

2011 335is DCT | DocRace 6266 | HPF Gen 2 3.5" Exhaust | Stett Stage 2 Oil Cooler | CSF Aluminum Radiator | AD-E 1000 HP IC | Fuel-It Stage 3 Pump | AD-E PI | MFactory LSD | MFactory Axles | YCW Coilovers | SSP Spec R | M4 Flywheel
(#44)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 04-28-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjrock85
Where can I buy 4 bar Bosch tamp?
I would not bother, go 3.5 bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1320
Anyone else getting 2ABC or 2ABD codes with the 4 bar (accompanied with 3100 and 30ff/fe)? 4 bar runs fine for me except when the temperature is hot outside and I'm sitting in some traffic. Seems like the sensor has this issue when it heats up. I can clear the codes hundreds of times and they come back... Until I pop the hood and let the under hood temps drop they just reappear.
Search this site for '4bar', this is a very common problem. BMS quit selling the 4bar because so many were going bad (indicated by the 2ABC*), and Terry said he suspected fake ones were being mixed into the batches of official ones from the supplier, and there was no way to discern which was fake/real until they went bad. You need to return the 4bar you have to the seller, and either roll the dice on another 4bar or consider going 3.5 bar, which appears to be much more reliable.

Another issue with the 4bar I don't see mentioned much is that it only has 1 bolt hole,to secure to the CP, vs. two for the stock and 3.5 bar. And the hole is not the same offset distance from the sensor, which means you may have to dremel out the hole (which is tricky because the 4 bar sensor has a metal sleeve in the bolt hole). Even then, it's more prone to leaking because it's easy for the sensor to slant up when tightened since it's just secured on one side. At least on my E60 with ER CP, it was a headache for all these reasons. Returning the 4bar to BMS and going to 3.5 bar myself.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold

Last edited by LessIsMore; 04-28-2017 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: *EDIT: correct error code indicating faulty 4bar.
(#45)
Old

Default 04-28-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Search this site for '4bar', this is a very common problem. BMS quit selling the 4bar because so many were going bad (indicated by the 2ABD), and Terry said he suspected fake ones were being mixed into the batches of official ones from the supplier, and there was no way to discern which was fake/real until they went bad. You need to return the 4bar you have to the seller, and either roll the dice on another 4bar or consider going 3.5 bar, which appears to be much more reliable.

Another issue with the 4bar I don't see mentioned much is that it only has 1 bolt hole,to secure to the CP, vs. two for the stock and 3.5 bar. And the hole is not the same offset distance from the sensor, which means you may have to dremel out the hole (which is tricky because the 4 bar sensor has a metal sleeve in the bolt hole). Even then, it's more prone to leaking because it's easy for the sensor to slant up when tightened since it's just secured on one side. At least on my E60 with ER CP, it was a headache for all these reasons. Returned the 4bar to BMS and went to 3.5 bar myself.
That's odd/funny. When I asked Terry about this late 2016, he said he had never heard of such issues but my tuner said it was a common issue. If I remember correctly Terry tried to blame the tuning? I guess I'll have to message him again and see what can be done

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=26

2011 335is DCT | DocRace 6266 | HPF Gen 2 3.5" Exhaust | Stett Stage 2 Oil Cooler | CSF Aluminum Radiator | AD-E 1000 HP IC | Fuel-It Stage 3 Pump | AD-E PI | MFactory LSD | MFactory Axles | YCW Coilovers | SSP Spec R | M4 Flywheel

Last edited by phil1320; 04-28-2017 at 10:21 AM..
(#46)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 04-28-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1320
That's odd/funny. When I asked Terry about this late 2016, he said he had never heard of such issues but my tuner said it was a common issue. If I remember correctly Terry tried to blame the tuning? I guess I'll have to message him again and see what can be done

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...5&postcount=26
this was more recent -

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...54&postcount=4

(#47)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM

We decided to stop selling the 4bar sensors (still carry the adapters) because of 2ABC faults coming from some sensors in our latest batch. 2ABD remains a tuning related issue with the sensor scaling. Adjustments were made to 32.6 to further improve the JB4 4bar calibration.

In any case if you bought a 4bar from us and need help just email us and we can help you sort the tuning or replace the sensor for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 04-28-2017, 10:42 AM

I just checked my screenshot and I got "2ABC - DME: Boost-pressure sensor, electric." along with the 3100 code. Happened when I sat in stop/go traffic on a 80 degree day for about 10-15 min. Although I bought a n20 map sensor and adapter from you guys a month or two after to use instead just never used it yet. Can we just do a refund minus shipping?

Thanks

(#49)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Default 04-28-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We decided to stop selling the 4bar sensors (still carry the adapters) because of 2ABC faults coming from some sensors in our latest batch. 2ABD remains a tuning related issue with the sensor scaling.
Oops, apologies, I gave wrong code in my post above - edited it for accuracy.

(#50)
Old

Default 04-28-2017, 10:46 AM

Or Terry if you know for sure you have a good 4 bar that we could swap out I would be happy with that. I wonder if this is a counterfeit one and not reading correctly as well