N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Car: E90 LCI
Default 03-24-2017, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limitdown
It'll take 2yrs of extensive public documentation of testing, revising, logging, dyno'ing, and 5to10 sets of alpha and beta testers on forum members' cars for 5k+ miles each before you will sell more than 10 sets.
N54 owners have probably collectively lost millions due to bad hybrids smoking after just a few thousand miles. You can't blame us for being skeptical.
Hi there,

Many thanks for the constructive feedback and advice, we are certainly aware of this and it would be our goal to achieve all the points you have mentioned. We are just exited to share the news, and I am sure time will do the turbos justice! We are not looking to make lots of sales at this point, but more so to share the development and make people aware of such product do exist and has been made possible!

The introductory price mentioned in the original post is an incentive for people who wish to try them out at this stage, and we are also happy to issue small discounts in a form of a refund if good dyno results and logs is returned to us. (Providing consent is given to us in sharing such info by the customer)

I can totally understand that people can be sceptical and rightly so! Especially at this early stage! Who wouldn't want to be cautious when spending this large amount of money? I certainly would be! However we do take all the constructive feedback on board, as it is a good indication of what we need to improve on

Speaking about smoking turbos, this is actually the reason why we have gone to length in developing the ball bearing turbos. Because we have seen too many smoking turbos on the hybrid market, so instead of spending R&D on Journal bearing, we have invested most of the capital into Ball Bearing technology which have led us to the M Turbo Ball Bearing Stage 2!

Kind regards,
Marshall T. Lee | Founder of ML Performance UK

Marshall Lee | Founder of ML Performance

Genuine BMW Performance Parts

Authorised UK Dealer for:
Fuel-It, Gecko, cp-e, MFactory, Eventuri, Quaife, SPEC clutches, Mishimoto, Wagner, Marshall Turbo, H&R, Bilstein, TheTurboEngineers, Turbosmart, VRSF & Burger Motorsports

T: +(44) 1784 479 840
M: +(44) 7590 917 331
E: sales@mlperformance.co.uk
W: www.mlperformance.co.uk
(#27)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-24-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 420
UK based company. So prices include delivery to U.K. And likely import tax. These are the prices us in the U.K. have to pay! Pretty obvious really! Why would anyone in the US buy a US made product from U.K.?? He's not aiming those kind of products at the US market only his BB Turbos. Info will be released in due course. Obviously be nice to have it all info now tho.
Many thanks for explaining this, it may be difficult for people to understand if they don't live on our island! I have explained a little bit about import costs above, so hopefully he will be able to understand a little now

Indeed, it would be nice to have all the info now, and we will try our best to speed things up on getting the results people want to see!

Kind regards,
Marshall T. Lee | ML Performance UK

Fuel-It, Gecko, cp-e, MFactory, Eventuri, Quaife, SPEC clutches, Mishimoto, Wagner, Marshall Turbo, H&R, Bilstein, TheTurboEngineers, Turbosmart, VRSF & Burger Motorsports

(#28)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-24-2017, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
Welcome to N54tech.com Marshall.
Can't wait to see results on your turbo.
Hey Ando,

Many thanks for the warm welcome, it is a new territory for us, and we are learning every minute from it!

We certainly cannot wait too, it should be good

Kind regards,

(#29)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-24-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
years of development, no dyno graphs or logs. rad.
Hey there, I have explained a little in some of the replies, do feel free to take a read if you are interested

As per the original post, we will be sharing some dyno and logs in due course, do stick around if you would like to see them as we will be sure to keep this thread updated on a regular basis with the progress.

Not sure what rad. means, apologise if it was your initial or name!

Kind regards,

(#30)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-24-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredcase
Lol. The opposite approach of frankenturbo.

I do hope these prove reliable, but the story is fishy.

Hi there,

Sorry I haven't been following Franken Turbo so I cannot comment much, but I am aware they do have some great prices on their turbos!

We are certain they will, but only time will tell, and I have explained a little in some of the replies. However, if anything is unclear, please do ask and we will do our best to answer them for you.

Kind regards,

(#31)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-24-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjrock85
Very nice. Are those custom cnc'ed chra's I would love to see some dyno sheets
Thank you so much for you kind words and staying positive, and yes, it took us some time to get everything right with CNC etc. We do everything in house and doesn't out source any part of the process, to ensure quality control is in place.

We can't wait to share the dyno figures, we will update them as soon as we have some data

Kind regards,

(#32)
Old

Car: 2009 335XI
Default 03-24-2017, 07:37 PM

HOLY CRAP. Well I am sorry then I apologize for bashing. That is insane though. You guys should really move to US XD
(#33)
Old

Car: 09 E92 335i
Default 03-25-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ML_Performance_UK
Conservatively speaking we would say 600bhp+ We will confirm this and post more results once the tune is complete.

This post is mainly to share some good news on the development, so stay tuned

Ball bearing is nice, but with stock exhaust manifold and compressor housing, these aren't gonna be much better than the current stock frame hybrids. And frankly, you are not going to gain much in transient response with the size the turbos you can fit in the stock housings...

In terms of flow rates and max hp, these aren't going to be any better than your competitors.

09 BMW E92 335i: EFR 7670 / Motiv / AP Racing / Wavetrac / TC Kline [Full Modlist]
07 BMW R1200S: Shine Yellow / Akrapovic / Ohlins
(#34)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-25-2017, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9Blue
Ball bearing is nice, but with stock exhaust manifold and compressor housing, these aren't gonna be much better than the current stock frame hybrids. And frankly, you are not going to gain much in transient response with the size the turbos you can fit in the stock housings...

In terms of flow rates and max hp, these aren't going to be any better than your competitors.
Many thanks for your kind feedback and we really appreciate it.

From the feedback we have received thus far, even on the current setup there is a massive improvements in terms of response and flow, which is very impressive. Having that said, we are also working on the manifold and compressor housing as you have mentioned, and it is something that is in the pipe line and in early R&D stage.

Kind regards,
Marshall T. Lee | Founder of ML Performance

(#35)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 03-25-2017, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanerBeamer
HOLY CRAP. Well I am sorry then I apologize for bashing. That is insane though. You guys should really move to US XD
Hey,

No harm feeling, glad we are able to explained it to you though

Indeed, the sunshine is very attractive in the US!

Kind regards,
Marshall T. Lee | Founder of ML Performance

(#36)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default Willl these be available for the n54 e60 (535i) - 03-26-2017, 07:23 AM

Wondering if these willl be available for the E60 535i n54?
And also welcome to N54 tech
(#37)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 04-10-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCRAMON
Dear,

Thank you for your warm welcome! Much appreciated.

Please allow me to check and sorry for the delay in writing back, I need to visit the forums more regularly

Kind regards,

(#38)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 04-10-2017, 07:28 PM

Just a quick update on the first set of M Turbo Stage 2 ball bearing turbos being installed here in the UK!

The Ball Bearing Stage 2 turbos has been installed over the weekend for the local customer, and we are now getting the base map ready(MHD flash only)! We will put it on the Dyno once the base map is on the car, to give us a starting figure, again, this will be done on Dyno Dynamic here in the UK which produce conservative and realistic numbers

Here's a list of modifications on the customer's N54 335i Coupe, which is all supplied by us, bar the PS4 and Brake Kit:

M Turbo Stage 2 (Ball Bearing)
VRSF 7.5" Race Intercooler
VRSF CP with Turbosmart Plumb Back Recirculating BOVs
VRSF 3" ***** ********
VRSF OEM Location Inlet
Genuine BMW Upgraded Pressure Sensor with BMS 3.5 Bar Adapter
Genuine BMW Performance Brake Kit
PS4 in the rear passenger seat (Amazing right!)

The customer is away for holiday for around a week, so not much will happen in between, but do stay tuned for more updates!

Kind regards,

(#39)
Old
Demigod

Car: F20 M135i
Default 04-11-2017, 05:04 AM

Aside from dyno results, racelogic performance box results doing 60-130 or 100-200 (kph) are always nice to go with the dyno data!

F21 M140i - 100-200: 5.18 60-130: 5.96
Audi TTRS - 100-200: 4.01 60-130: 4.5
F80 M3 - 100-200: 4.32, 60-130: 4.8
F20 M135i (sold) - 100-200: 6.26 , 60-130: 7.4
peter@pureturbos.eu
peter@pureturbos.com
peter@protuningfreaks.com
pureturbos.eu
(#40)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 04-11-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOCRAMON
Dear,

I have just checked and it will indeed fit the E60 535i N54 2007-2010

It will also fit 135i, 335i, X6 xDrive 35i and Z4 sDrive35i.

Kind regards,
Marshall T. Lee
Founder of ML Performance

(#41)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 04-11-2017, 07:17 PM

Dear,

Someone mentioned these turbo's are actually manufactured by CHSH Turbo in Taiwan, that they were designed and engineered by NOZ Turbo Engineering, and that Marshall Lee was only a distributor who had nothing to do with the R&D.

Would it be fair to say this is the ball bearing turbo you are claiming to have developed?

(#42)
Old
Banned

Car: 335i
Default 04-11-2017, 07:33 PM

That explains why he's claimed to not have any data yet, meanwhile jd75 posted logs on bimmer boost on 3/30/17. Good find.
(#43)
Old

Car: 2007 335i E93
Default 04-11-2017, 08:19 PM

Anybody who designs turbos would have a crazy amount of data from the various stages of the process. It's impossible to NOT have data.
Just look at Doug's thread and you'll realize how much testing is involved.

In the future, please don't buy from any new turbo vendors without thorough vetting. Always demand thorough testing data, 2 to 3mths of 5+ actual forum member experience.

I hope nobody fell for this and sent him any money
(#44)
Old
Banned

Default 04-11-2017, 08:45 PM

All these fly by night companies and frauds is getting ridiculous. There has to be some kind of criteria to meet before you can even post to sell or even advertise with the intent to. Test data, pics, references. Newbie vendor hazing
(#45)
Old

Car: BMW 135i(SOLD STi)
Default 04-11-2017, 11:50 PM

Wow
(#46)
Old
Marshall@ML_Performance

Default 04-12-2017, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw
Dear,

Someone mentioned these turbo's are actually manufactured by CHSH Turbo in Taiwan, that they were designed and engineered by NOZ Turbo Engineering, and that Marshall Lee was only a distributor who had nothing to do with the R&D.

Would it be fair to say this is the ball bearing turbo you are claiming to have developed?

Dear,

I hope you can understand, but we do not wish to entertain claims made by others for unknown agenda. As I am sure you have seen over the years in the turbo industry where this leads to, therefore, we do not wish to participate in such activity.

What I can say is, I have not heard or dealt with both NOZ Turbo or CHSH Turbo before. I must say the turbos do look identical, but the specs seems slightly different to ours.

What we can also confirm is, all M turbos are done in-house and comes with one year warranty

We are a UK registered company and also VAT registered, so you can buy with confidence. We are in it for the long run so we are not going anywhere anytime soon! We also have successful track record both in the UK and Europe with many satisfied customers on both our product and the customer service we offer.

Here's a link of our company's registration at Companies House which is also publicly avaible:
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09676118

I hope this clarify the situation. If however you are still in doubt, please do not hesitate to ask and I will do my best to help.

Kind regards,
Marshall T. Lee
Founder of ML Performance UK

(#47)
Old

Car: Anything with a Turbo
Default 04-12-2017, 06:37 AM

WOW! SO wait, I want to get this 110% straight so when the facts finally come out, it can be clear as day. You want to claim, you manufacture these turbos "in house" You know what they means correct? A shop such as yours has no possible way to develop these turbos in house, also if you have in house ability to manufacture turbos why were you a master distributor for Hexon? Why not just make your own turbos? There is no shame in saying you use the same CHRA as the other guy, its better to be upfront about it. Its just a little hard now because you started off with lies about testing, and development. Not a smart move

Vargas Turbocharger Technologies
Tony@Vargasturbo.com
www.Vargasturbo.com
Making the world happier one turbocharger at a time
(#48)
Old
Banned

Default 04-12-2017, 06:42 AM

Just lock this bull**** thread so nobody gets bamboozled
(#49)
Old

Car: '07 E90 335i
Default 04-12-2017, 06:50 AM

Going off the replies, am I the only one curious to see where/what IP address OP is actually posting from?
(#50)
Old
Banned

Default 04-12-2017, 06:54 AM

I can't help but think that Wayne from hexon Autoworks is behind one of these new overnight turbo companies.