N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-14-2015, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Added.

While we are idly awaiting the front inlet tube I decided to take a picture of our rear inlet through what we have referred to the as the "squish area". As you can see via the picture even the 1.75" ID hose is still somewhat of an interference fit, but it appears that the "squish" (that still exists) is minimal. Of course the larger the hose, the worse this will be.

This is with the following mods (to reduce squish):
1) Rear OEM inlet support bracket removed.
2) Firewall heat shielding pried back to provide a bit more clearance.

Thanks,
Rob
Hi Rob

A quick question just to clarify things. Will it still be as easy to change the clutch as is was before with the original piping to the rear turbo? It seems like it is directly in front of the bolts? The reason for me asking is I need to change my flywheel soon ;0)
Thanks
(#702)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-14-2015, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobniell
Hi Rob

A quick question just to clarify things. Will it still be as easy to change the clutch as is was before with the original piping to the rear turbo? It seems like it is directly in front of the bolts? The reason for me asking is I need to change my flywheel soon ;0)
Thanks
I do not see why not with silicone. Worse case pull off the inlet clamp and push it upward and out of the way, provided the tool will not go on with it in the way.

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#703)
Old

Car: BMW 135I
Default 09-14-2015, 08:39 AM

Rob,Can you put me on your list for group buy for inlets BMW 135I 2009 N54
Option2.
(#704)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-14-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race8877
Rob,Can you put me on your list for group buy for inlets BMW 135I 2009 N54
Option2.
The Group Buy is long over. However we had ordered a limited amount of extras and will still let those in who get pre-approval. You have pre-approval now, although the time is limited as the pre-order lasts. So if you want these you can order now. This all said again please read post #698:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=698

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#705)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-14-2015, 09:40 AM

Damn... some people don't even read that last post!
(#706)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-14-2015, 12:29 PM

Quote:
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THE 5 Series guys:

Doing some last minute due diligence we have found that the OEM inlets for the 5 series show a different part number. What this means about fitment of these inlets on a 5 series leaves us uncertain. Obviously a test fitment will be necessary to make any further confirmations. Hopefully this list does not contain many 5 series customers otherwise there could be some upsets with pressing forward only to find they do NOT fit. What we do know is that other offerings have claimed theirs fit on all models and thus we suspect ours will the same, but feel that it is worth pointing out now rather than later.

5 Series List:
1. longnvu + adapters
2. Timmay77 + adapters
3. Duperstar + adapters
4. viperware + adapters
5. Maximum996 + adapters
6. UnderPressure + adapters
7. Trickcruiser + adapters
8. duracell8 + adapters
9. JWMich + adapters
10. hkninja + adapters
11. Seven11 + adapters
12. y09gsn + adapters

UPDATE on the 5 SERIES:

We are looking for a 5 series guy to test the fitment of these units. This has been discussed in great detail prior so am going to keep it short as possible now. Criteria and points for the tester to consider:

1) We feel they are going to fit fine. But do not know for certain. Hence this test.
2) This is a risk to you. If this does not work or can not be made to work then you will need to figure out your own inlet solution or try to put in new stock inlets (this maybe a complete disaster as the rear unit will be cut during removal).
3) We will charge you $250 for this prototype set in advance. If they work and you are good with them you will be fully refunded. We expect some pictures and a short write up to illustrate this.
4) The trade off is that if they do NOT work. You send the prototype set back, and we refund you in full after its receipt. But then you are left trying to pick up the pieces putting together an intake for your car.
5) Able to test install immediately.
6) Located in the USA.

If anyone with a 5 series meets all of these points please let me know via EMAIL rob.rbturbo@gmail.com

Thanks,
Rob
UPDATE for 5 series guys:

We found the 5 series Rambo to take on the dreaded task of checking fitment. Thanks to this man for stepping up to help out! The plan is to test out within the next week.

If found to fit we will then open up payment for the 5 series guys if any of you are still interested.

Thanks,
Rob

(#707)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 09-15-2015, 10:03 PM

When my stock turbos go out, I'll order inlets with turbo's. Thanks Rob
(#708)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-18-2015, 05:22 AM

Update:

The vendor has given an update that we will see somewhere between 15-20 sets that will be shipped early next week. We do not have a tracking (nor will have one until they ship) so do not know what that means as far as ETA quite yet.

Here is how things will work:
1) We get a tracking #
2) We anticipate an arrival date.
3) We determine how many sets are coming in that "wave".
4) We determine how many orders we can ship to based on that information.
5) We notify this thread with a time that if you paid before, you will have inlets on the way as part of that "wave" as soon as they arrive to us.

Thanks,
Rob

(#709)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Default 09-18-2015, 06:47 AM

Thanks for the update!
(#710)
Old

Car: 07 E92
Default 09-18-2015, 10:33 AM

Rob, any room for one more? Inlets plus adapters...

RB Turbos//JB4 G5 ISO Flashed//Alpina B3 Flash//AR *********//ER FMIC//ER Chargepipe//AWE Blow Valves//AFE Sealed Intake//BMS X Meth//AST 4100's//Forgestar F14s
(#711)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-18-2015, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landman
Rob, any room for one more? Inlets plus adapters...
Yes see post #617.
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=617

Thanks
Rob

(#712)
Old

Car: 07 E92
Default 09-19-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Thanks Rob, payment sent.

RB Turbos//JB4 G5 ISO Flashed//Alpina B3 Flash//AR *********//ER FMIC//ER Chargepipe//AWE Blow Valves//AFE Sealed Intake//BMS X Meth//AST 4100's//Forgestar F14s
(#713)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 09-20-2015, 05:26 PM

Hey Rob. Not sure if this was mentioned yet, but is the silicone inlet piping reinforced with wire? Thank you sir!!
(#714)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-20-2015, 05:43 PM

Yes they are wire reinforced.

(#715)
Old

Default 09-20-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Yes they are wire reinforced.
Thank you sir!! I'm on your BB list, but due to circumstances I wasn't able to pay. It's looking better now, so I'd like to order a set + adapters for my 1M. With me being at the back of the list, what's a really really rough wag on when I could expect these to ship. Given tat you can't predict the future and cannot control your supplier. Thanks Rob!
(#716)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-20-2015, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewills
Thank you sir!! I'm on your BB list, but due to circumstances I wasn't able to pay. It's looking better now, so I'd like to order a set + adapters for my 1M. With me being at the back of the list, what's a really really rough wag on when I could expect these to ship. Given tat you can't predict the future and cannot control your supplier. Thanks Rob!
Hopefully all of this large order is delivered to us within the next 30-45 days. That is literally a very large guess as I have no idea how fast the subsequent shipment waves will come in. If all goes to my expectations I'd suspect 30 days. If not, maybe 45, hopefully no more than this…

We are told the first wave will ship early this coming week. But there are many more waves to follow to get caught up with the existing customers, and yes you are at the very tip of the tail end. So plan on not getting them too fast all things considered, and if it ends up being quicker then there is no disappointments.

Thanks,
Rob

(#717)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 09-20-2015, 09:23 PM

Ahhh hopefully I'll get these this week. Hoping to install them and enjoy them during the weekend
(#718)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-21-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thm8d
Ahhh hopefully I'll get these this week. Hoping to install them and enjoy them during the weekend
Best case scenario is that we get them (the first wave of the shipment) early next week and that is assuming there are no hangups in customs. That is assuming they ship early this week as they had indicated. Then once they arrive to us we ship have to package them and ship them out in order of payment received. See below for breakdown on how the process will work.

__________________________________________________ _________________

The vendor has given an update that we will see somewhere between 15-20 sets that will be shipped early this week. We do not have a tracking (nor will have one until they ship) so do not know what that means as far as ETA quite yet.

1) We get a tracking #
2) We anticipate an arrival date (to RB).
5) We notify this thread with a time that if you paid before, you will have inlets on the way as part of that "wave" as soon as they arrive to us.

Thanks,
Rob

(#719)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-21-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
UPDATE for 5 series guys:

We found the 5 series Rambo to take on the dreaded task of checking fitment. Thanks to this man for stepping up to help out! The plan is to test out within the next week.

If found to fit we will then open up payment for the 5 series guys if any of you are still interested.

Thanks,
Rob
Update on the 5 Series: Our 5 series test fitting "Rambo" is in the middle of a turbo install but his preliminary feedback sounds promising. He does believe the rear inlet is definitely ok and the front appears to be ok as well. Hopefully we have this all confirmed by end of this week. If all goes well and we feel these are compatible with the 5 series, those guys on the 5 series list will be allowed to make a decision if they want in on this GB or not.

(#720)
Old

Car: 335
Default 09-21-2015, 10:19 AM

Hi Rob,

Any chance of seeing where we are on the GB list? That way we can judge in which wave we would be.
(#721)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-21-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsalie
Hi Rob,

Any chance of seeing where we are on the GB list? That way we can judge in which wave we would be.
Shipments will be based on when payment was received. We will make shipping announcements based on that timeframe asap. Post #718 explains how things will work. Keep patient please, things should start moving soon.

Thanks,
Rob

(#722)
Old

Default 09-21-2015, 04:34 PM

Hey Rob. I sent PayPal earlier for a set + adapters and domestic shipping. I added a note about a potential move in Nov, too. Mike
(#723)
Old

Car: 07'' 335i coupe
Default 09-22-2015, 12:20 AM

Any chance of letting me know if im in the 1st wave Rob? Im thinking i would be.
Need to make plans. Thanks
My email address was either
gtrgodzilla_r32@hotmail.com or
heath@smoothmoveremovals.com.au

JB4 ISO - ***** less Dump ***** - BMS DCI - VRSF 7" intercooler - BMW PE exhaust - Charge pipe & Raceport BOV - Stage 2 fuel pump - BMS E85 Flash/E55 mix, running map7 - BMS Catchcan - Quaife LSD - 19'' Beyern wheels - Msport suspension - Aero front lip - Lux V5's - Mid kick rear spoiler - Dark tint - Msport steering wheel with M3 paddles & trim
(#724)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-22-2015, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikewills
Hey Rob. I sent PayPal earlier for a set + adapters and domestic shipping. I added a note about a potential move in Nov, too. Mike
Got it and all noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwheath
Any chance of letting me know if im in the 1st wave Rob? Im thinking i would be.
Need to make plans. Thanks
My email address was either
gtrgodzilla_r32@hotmail.com or
heath@smoothmoveremovals.com.au
The vendor has now given an update that we will see somewhere around 15 sets that will be shipped this week. We do not have a tracking (nor will have one until they ship) so do not know what that means as far as ETA quite yet. It is now Tuesday so hopefully they get us something in a matter of a day now.

1) We get a tracking #
2) We anticipate an arrival date (to RB).

Shipments will be based on when payment was received. We will make shipping announcements based on that timeframe asap. Anything I were to speculate at this time would be just a guess. The vendor needs to give us information before we can move forward. Once wave 1 ships, we will then ask when to expect timeframe and size of wave 2, etc. Keep patient please, things should start moving soon.

Thanks,
Rob

(#725)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-22-2015, 05:57 AM

Update on the 5 series: I believe we have confirmation that these install just as well on the 5 series. We will allow the tester fitter to chime in on their experience installing the sample. Once their approval is given, those on the 5 series list will be allowed to join if they'd like.

Rob

Closed Thread