N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#9726)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-09-2015, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
Running the new firmware for the past 2 days and seems all smooth, but today at once I got odd reduce engine error while spirit driving 30FC exhaust fume turbo turbo charger, density. Never had this error before or any main reduce power errors before, I deleted the error and car running perfect not sure if it's related to the firmware or it's just odd error, thought to share in case others had the same.
I'd presume that's a flash issue. But as always, log it to evaluate.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9727)
Old

Car: 2009 335i Coupe 6MT
Default 09-10-2015, 07:27 AM

I updated to the G5_ISO_31 last Thursday, and I like the improvements overall. I'm still getting used to the linear throttle, but the power delivery is much smoother and more predictable now. :-)

The one thing I don't like is that when I come off moderate throttle there is a loud metallic "clank". I'd say it sounds like the waste gates slamming shut, but I would guess they are more likely slamming open(?). Is there a setting to minimize this?
(#9728)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 09:54 AM

Moved log posts to the support area.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9729)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trohde78
I updated to the G5_ISO_31 last Thursday, and I like the improvements overall. I'm still getting used to the linear throttle, but the power delivery is much smoother and more predictable now. :-)

The one thing I don't like is that when I come off moderate throttle there is a loud metallic "clank". I'd say it sounds like the waste gates slamming shut, but I would guess they are more likely slamming open(?). Is there a setting to minimize this?
You'd need to record it in a log to evaluate where the WG is moving when you hear it. Uncheck record WOT only to record things like that.

Burger Motorsports

(#9730)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 09-10-2015, 11:31 AM

anything we should be changing before switching from 31 to 31.4 to help avoid overboost issues?
(#9731)
Old

Default 09-10-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i
anything we should be changing before switching from 31 to 31.4 to help avoid overboost issues?
+1

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#9732)
Old

Car: 95 M3, 01 330i, 07 335i
Default 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM

spool feels stronger but hard to tell, my car's been pissed at the high heat lately so it's been reluctant to break traction in 2nd
(#9733)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-10-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc535i
Nope. If you have an issue post a log in the support area.

Burger Motorsports

(#9734)
Old

Car: 135i 6mt
Default 09-10-2015, 04:45 PM

finally got my g5 iso installed, will update to new hex tomorrow. still need to clip diodes? or is it only on the original g5 batches?
(#9735)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 09-10-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokejka
finally got my g5 iso installed, will update to new hex tomorrow. still need to clip diodes? or is it only on the original g5 batches?
no diode clipping on g5 iso

2010 335ix - speedtech 6466g2, cams, ported head, built bottom end, 7.5in hd ic, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, upgraded 6hp21+cooler, pr coils
(#9736)
Old

Car: 135i 6mt
Default 09-10-2015, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
no diode clipping on g5 iso
thanks dude. cable should be here tom. can't wait to upload 31.4
(#9737)
Old

Car: 2008 E90 335xi 6MT
Default 09-10-2015, 08:46 PM

Can you please add stealth gauges on > 50% boost instead of pedal?

E90 335xi 6MT - Deep Green
(#9738)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e92
Default 09-11-2015, 12:45 AM

boost bypass didnīt work at my car.
set 3rd gear limit to 12psi. push the volume down button but nothing happend, boost stays low.
what did i wrong?
(#9739)
Old

Car: BMW E90 335i
Default 09-11-2015, 01:36 AM

With the new 31.x FWs, is an incorrect menu 12 setting the main cause of jerky boost/acceleration during low/moderate throttle?

2007 E90 BMW 335i |JB4|AR ***|ER chargepipe + Forge DVs|BMS dual cone intake|

1993 R33 Nissan Skyline GTS-T |SAFC-2|Apexi POD|Boost Tee|FMIC|3" TBE|
(#9740)
Old

Car: '07 335i 6MT
Default 09-11-2015, 08:33 AM

Upgraded to 31.4 this morning and set 11 to 5000RPM. Boy, what a freaking difference. Probably a little too sensitive but is fun. I may keep it here for now but need to back it down for winter driving.

I only drive it once so far. I noticed the can flap (set to open), openedwhen I started the car, then closed for a minute, then reopened and stayed open. I'll monitor to see if that happens again as it was never a past issue. No waste gate rattle issues, though this has not been a problem on my car.
(#9741)
Old

Car: 2008 335xi jb+ VSRF ******* DP DCI cabin filter delete
Default 09-11-2015, 08:39 AM

If I just purchased a JB4 a week ago would any of these updates be on there?

2014 M5 1 of 577 6spd awaiting MORE BOOST
07 Cayman 5sp
08 Cayman S 6spd
02 996 TT 6spd more boossttt
04 Gallardo gated 6spd
(#9742)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM

Might have v31. New systems normally ship with firmware only after its been out a few weeks and determined to be fully stable.

Burger Motorsports

(#9743)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanBoy
boost bypass didnīt work at my car.
set 3rd gear limit to 12psi. push the volume down button but nothing happend, boost stays low.
what did i wrong?
It's up now since down is used for anti-lag.

Burger Motorsports

(#9744)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e92
Default 09-11-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Thanks Terry, will try it tomorrow.
(#9745)
Old

Car: 335xi, 335i
Default 09-11-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Ah yes I just noticed this today and was wondering why 20psi felt the same as 16psi...very sneaky...I guess my radio will be yelling at me to slow down now instead of my wife !!

335i FBO,Meth,JB4,Sutphin flash,LSD,GCLites 11.25@127.4 on NT05R

335xi FBO,Meth,JB4,Sutphin flash,VTT stage1 11.38 1/4 - 7.30 1/8th - 3.35 0 to 60 @ 0C
(#9746)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2015, 09:43 AM

Get an anti-lag kit on there and she will really be yelling!

Burger Motorsports

(#9747)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-11-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Get an anti-lag kit on there and she will really be yelling!
When will the anti-lag kit be available to purchase?

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#9748)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-11-2015, 11:35 AM

There is a separate thread re: anti-lag testing you can check in on. No date is set.

Burger Motorsports

(#9749)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 09-11-2015, 12:09 PM

Thanks. Ive been following that thread quite closely.

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#9750)
Old

Car: e92
Default 09-11-2015, 12:12 PM

So with the new file the tables that were previously multiplied by 2 still are correct? If that's the case what are people's inputs the number shown on the tach or the number after multiplication?