N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4001)
Old

Car: 2008 535xi
Default 02-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stucks
IIRC, It closes the wastegates when you let off the throttle so that they dont make the rattle sound upon deceleration or upon the rpms dropping back down to idle.
would this be automatically tuned after I update to the latest firmware? or do I have to use the steering wheel MAPs to enable/disable just like the exhaust can flap?
(#4002)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-28-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinity
i waiting..................
No, you can only use one at a time. But if certain features pass beta testing and become popular enough we'll add a unique selection for them!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4003)
Old

Car: bmw 335i
Default 02-28-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclariel
ok. Have switched back to map5 since my last post. Any reason that I feel more power on map 5 than map2? Should map 5 be more aggressive than 2? Tks
Tks guys

BMW E92 335i: JB4 2/7/12 Map5 // AR design catxxxx ********* // aFe DCIs // Bilstein PSS10 // AP racing front 6 pot with red Caliper // AP Brake Lines + brake oil // BBS RG-R 19' diamond black // Michelin PS2
(#4004)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Terry, is there anyway to get out of map 8 once it's active? I found the only way to go back to map 2 was turning off the engine.

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#4005)
Old

Car: e92 N54 335i
Default 02-28-2012, 08:36 PM

I'm anxious to get my JB4 (should be here by Friday). Am I able to use Map 1 or Map 5 and use the 1st/2nd gear boost limit feature? Also, I prefer the exhaust stock town to the T (literally), is there a way to enable the CANflap to open only at a certain RPM vs. stock where it opens after the car warms up, goes silent at 1,700, then opens up again like at 3,200pm? I'd like to keep it open only above 3,200rpm
(#4006)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 02-28-2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw loe
I'm anxious to get my JB4 (should be here by Friday). Am I able to use Map 1 or Map 5 and use the 1st/2nd gear boost limit feature? Also, I prefer the exhaust stock town to the T (literally), is there a way to enable the CANflap to open only at a certain RPM vs. stock where it opens after the car warms up, goes silent at 1,700, then opens up again like at 3,200pm? I'd like to keep it open only above 3,200rpm
loe

Read the first page for all basic questions

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Pump Flash, ( Updated FW ), DCI,
Eisenmann Race Exhaust
ER CP
E60 DP
450 HP / 480 TQ ( when running AEM 320, 50% E85 )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51z_sELokzk
(#4007)
Old

Car: e92 N54 335i
Default 02-28-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysurfer
loe

Read the first page for all basic questions
The first page shows a picture of MAP 6 (custom map) under the user adjustable tab, which doesn't answer my question about MAP 1 or MAP 5 being able to use the boost control feature.

CANflap can only alternate between open or stock mode. I want it to only open above a certain RPM. Terry, is this possible to write?
(#4008)
Old

Car: 335i Tourer 6MT
Default 02-29-2012, 04:22 AM

With JB4 is there an equivalent to the old 'pedal target' setting like on the JB3 where you can make the boost target more linear to pedal travel instead of all in one 'BAM' like you seem to get with the JB4.

More like the linear setting on the COBB AP?
(#4009)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-29-2012, 12:14 PM

My car has been plagued with the wastegate rattler forever. I have had the software updated, actuators replaced and finally the turbines replaced under warranty to no avail. The wastegates still rattle.

I tried the "fix" on the JB4 and it seems to have reduced my rattle by about 90%. It seems as though it delays the rattle in my car. Before I enable the "fix" the gates would rattle immediately after backing off the throttle. However, after enabling the "fix" when I back off the throttle and remain in gear (6mt) there is no rattle, but after about 2-3 seconds you can hear the wastegates rattling, but not as bad as before.

Any reason for the delay?

-2007 335i - All stock
12.3@118+mph

-2007 Suzuki SV650 - Evotech FE, M4 Carbon Slip-on, Solo Seat

(#4010)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-29-2012, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy
With JB4 is there an equivalent to the old 'pedal target' setting like on the JB3 where you can make the boost target more linear to pedal travel instead of all in one 'BAM' like you seem to get with the JB4.

No, there isn't.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4011)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 02-29-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy

I found that playing with the "Lagfix" and "Bogfix" had a significant impact on how the power seemed to apply based on the pedal position.

I had the same issue, I found the pedal mapping far too aggressive.
I'll check my defaults and let you know what I set.

Unfortunately my car is in storage.
(#4012)
Old

Car: 335i Tourer 6MT
Default 03-01-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
No, there isn't.
Any way to add something similar to pedal target?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiGyver
I found that playing with the "Lagfix" and "Bogfix" had a significant impact on how the power seemed to apply based on the pedal position.

I had the same issue, I found the pedal mapping far too aggressive.
I'll check my defaults and let you know what I set.
Thanks, I know reducing lagfix seems to reduce the 'surge' you get when pressing the throttle as I think lagfix will run the wastegates more closed at cruise, relying on the DVs to circulate unwanted boost against a part throttle, so its go more boost ready as soon as you open the throttle (i think), but regardless of this the boost targets seem high for a small throttle opening, you can see the way the boost shoots up with a tiny press of gas.
(#4013)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-01-2012, 03:05 PM

At some point perhaps we'll add a throttle sensitive user adjustable back in.

Burger Motorsports

(#4014)
Old

Car: 135
Default 03-01-2012, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335si
My car has been plagued with the wastegate rattler forever. I have had the software updated, actuators replaced and finally the turbines replaced under warranty to no avail. The wastegates still rattle.

I tried the "fix" on the JB4 and it seems to have reduced my rattle by about 90%. It seems as though it delays the rattle in my car. Before I enable the "fix" the gates would rattle immediately after backing off the throttle. However, after enabling the "fix" when I back off the throttle and remain in gear (6mt) there is no rattle, but after about 2-3 seconds you can hear the wastegates rattling, but not as bad as before.

Any reason for the delay?
Probably this:

Quote:
The rattle fix loaded is an experimental thing so we'll just have to see how it works out. I don't think it will hurt anything, though. The basic algorithm is that it closes the wastegates for 3 seconds when letting off the gas. I'll have to check the code but I don't think it enables at startup.

2009 135i 6MT Jet Black, FBO+
(#4015)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 03-02-2012, 02:58 AM

Quote:
No, you can only use one at a time. But if certain features pass beta testing and become popular enough we'll add a unique selection for them!
yeah!!! option 4.6 for it

its possible terry?

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#4016)
Old

Car: Z4
Default 03-02-2012, 03:10 AM

Hey Terry, I like how exhaust sounds on map 8! However, I doubt its MPG in case of a traffic jam.

Be the way is there any way to create a special map to make even louder exhaust note?
(#4017)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 03-02-2012, 03:15 AM

you can make some holes in the silent exhaust...

LOL !!!

Time is the best teacher

(#4018)
Old

Car: Z4
Default 03-02-2012, 03:18 AM

Quote:
you can make some holes in the silent exhaust...

LOL !!!
I have eisenmann race, looks good, don't wanna mess with it

No truly, as you swith to map 8 = NA engine, the sound changes a lot. Maybe there is a way to make a richer a/f ratio or whatever.
(#4019)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 03-02-2012, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcars 335i
preguntale a alvaro que es el supremo,hay perdon que eres tu

Time is the best teacher

(#4020)
Old

Car: E92 335i DKG //M
Default 03-02-2012, 03:28 AM

Quote:
que me meo toa

----
(#4021)
Old
luvsmyride

Car: 135ci
Default 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM

WHen i install 2/7 firmware, what variables do i have to adjust besides the fuel trim stuff and the other thing shown on the first page interface JPG..?

Just wanna make sure I get it right cause i think ive missed a lot of info and changes the past month or so.

JB4, DCI, Digi boost, CSL eyelids, 5% tint, KW v2's. Bastuck 85mm quad w/ ***+resonator delete mids, LED int ltg, Perf SSK, CF int trim, 19" SF-71 rims, CDV mod, BSH OCC, ER+tial charge pipe. AR DP's, Helix IC, meth
(#4022)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Just the all map AFR.

Burger Motorsports

(#4023)
Old
Level 10 Dungeon Master

Car: 08 335i
Default 03-04-2012, 12:12 AM

Question for you guys, maybe Terry is the best to Awnser but when using the under/over boost function during a 3rd gear pull I'm consistently about two notches to the left of center.. When is it time to worry about boost leak or other problem or is that in an acceptable range, is there a scale. Sorry I haven't had time to log.
(#4024)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2012, 10:40 AM

If you think you might have an issue best thing is to do a CSV log. During short runs under targeting is common though. If it's consistent throughout a large run and over 1-2psi then it's worth double checking IMHO.

Burger Motorsports

(#4025)
Old
Level 10 Dungeon Master

Car: 08 335i
Default 03-04-2012, 11:42 PM

Thanks Terry I'll run some logs and check it out when I get some time