N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3326)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Welcome to six months ago when we made 430rw/492rtq on stock turbos with meth, through the factory 135i midpipes, mid cats, and single muffler. This was with a +60 additive IIRC. We already offer full user tunability via map 6 so if anyone thinks they can do better than map 3 with a meth additive they can rent some dyno time and have at it!

was it safe and consistent for your particular car? or a glory run?
(#3327)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu
was it safe and consistent for your particular car? or a glory run?
I don't suggest those power levels on pump gas. I'd stick with a +40 additive on good 93. But for those who are in to pushing big boost numbers on the street it can be done.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3328)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 09-27-2011, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I don't suggest those power levels on pump gas. I'd stick with a +40 additive on good 93. But for those who are in to pushing big boost numbers on the street it can be done.
i suppose that also depends on methanol concentration, no?

ie someone running 100% meth (although risky) can get away with higher additive than someone running 50/50. correct me if i'm wrong.

what concentration were you running for that +60 additive run, if you remember?

from what i've read, most people here only get away with 45-55 additive
(#3329)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM

Under any circumstances boost levels of over 17psi @ peak HP on meth+pump gas are not going to be what most would consider "safe" IMHO. I used a 80/20 mix IIRC.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3330)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 09-28-2011, 12:46 AM

I don't see why all that new info on Shivpost is perceived as impressive.

I've done 424whp on his tune last year with a terribly restrictive 135i exhaust/midcats in scorching ambient temps with a meth kit that cost 700 dollars less and on a tune that didn't VIN lock.

When I first read that news, I thought he may have tried to emulate the Cobb Stage 2 boost / timing targets, but it was mostly all meth testing which I could personally give two poops about.

His AFRs off the sniffer are still pathetic before 3500 RPM (almost 14's!) and look nothing like his fake AFR calculations on the Procede log. And is it me, or do his AFRs look equally as pathetic up top when they are well below 12's? This goes to prove his tune still has some pisspoor fuel control.

Sorry, I am on final warning at Shivpost. I just had to get that off my chest!

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#3331)
Old

Default 09-29-2011, 07:35 AM

So... when's that new beta firmware going to be publicly released?
(#3332)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2011, 01:41 PM

For the DTC off looks like it's not yet X drive and 535 compatible so will need to work on that. But menu 9 is a hit. well likely add the firmware to the first post this weekend.

Burger Motorsports

(#3333)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Terry, are you referring to the I-drive on the 335Xi? It doesn't work for me. Did you get similar feedback from users with my same car?
(#3334)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2011, 02:08 PM

I refer to a 335xi as X drive.

Burger Motorsports

(#3335)
Old

Default 09-30-2011, 02:06 PM

Hello, where do I find the latest upgrade. I like the DTC on feature.
(#3336)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboretti
Hello, where do I find the latest upgrade. I like the DTC on feature.
It's here somewhere in one of my thread posts but we'll be adding it to the first post later this weekend.

Burger Motorsports

(#3337)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 09-30-2011, 03:09 PM

I'm getting away with 18PSI, 40 meth add, 40meth/60water (-40 washer fluid MOTOTEC), 90 octane pump. Using a 220PSI pump from snowperformance, safeinjection box from snow performance, and a 675ml/min nozzle. Timing curves are perfect I never see over a 3 on the exp1 (isn't this how far off of expected timing I am?). Still learning the logging.

This is on a 2008 335xi 6AT with intake mods, gutted stock dp.

The only problem I have now is launching the car or heavy starts in 1st or 2nd the car seems to jump out then back into gear. I'm concerned about this 6AT not being as strong as I was told they are. Anyone else run into this?
(#3338)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Added the 9/16 firmware and interface to the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#3339)
Old

Car: 07 335
Default 10-01-2011, 11:54 AM

any different than the alpha version?
(#3340)
Old
335is 7DCT/JB4

Car: BMW 335IS 7DCT/JB4
Default 10-01-2011, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Added the 9/16 firmware and interface to the first post.
Have a new one with the USB cable option sitting on the bench...should I upgrade it before I do the install?

Kevin

2018 440 MPPSK/MPE
2014 435 MPPK/THP
2013 135is 6MT/JB4/ISO
2011 335is 7DCT/JB4/ISO/BMS Flash(sold)
FF Cobra Mk-IV COYOTE BOSS + TKO-600
(#3341)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2011, 12:44 PM

No. Updates can only be done in car and the changes are not significant enough to bother with for a new intall.

Burger Motorsports

(#3342)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 10-01-2011, 01:06 PM

Terry...can you hijack the spedometer gauge as a 3rd gauge to set up.....right now using gas for boost, oil for meth....wouldn't mind having timing also???

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#3343)
Old

Car: 335i Rocket
Default 10-01-2011, 01:22 PM

clicking on 9/16 interface but then it shows up as 8/15 to download??
(#3344)
Old

Car: 08' 335xi
Default 10-01-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastSancho335
clicking on 9/16 interface but then it shows up as 8/15 to download??
Same here. I think the link needs to be updated.

2017 BMW M2 in Mineral Gray
DCT Transmission & Executive Package

Speedtech Stg 3 (8374) l BM3 Jordan Tuned l AA Intake l ER Chargepipe l ER FMIC l Stage 2 LPFP l EOS Pump Controller l XDI-35 HPFP l NGK 97506 l Ohlins R&T l SPL Suspension Parts l RE-71 Rís l BMW M Performance Kidney Grills, Mirror Covers, Spoiler, Rear Valence l Full PPF Wrap l 35% Tint l
(#3345)
Old

Car: z4 35i
Default 10-01-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttle
Same here. I think the link needs to be updated.
Same here, it's also the exact same size and the N54/N55 selection was in
the 81511 code too.

2011 Z4 35i, 6Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Deep Sea Blue Metallic/Black Leather, de-badged, Michelin PSS rubber.
(#3346)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Link fixed.

Burger Motorsports

(#3347)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM

and had to update the control wheels

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....

Last edited by infinity; 10-01-2011 at 01:56 PM..
(#3348)
Old

Car: 335i Rocket
Default 10-01-2011, 02:08 PM

thanks!!
(#3349)
Old
metanol pawa!!

Default 10-01-2011, 02:12 PM

terry, Map 4 may one day be an economic map, or unlikely?

Time is the best teacher

Too bad it kills all its pupils ....
(#3350)
Old

Car: z4 35i
Default 10-01-2011, 02:25 PM

Thanks!

2011 Z4 35i, 6Speed, M-Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, Deep Sea Blue Metallic/Black Leather, de-badged, Michelin PSS rubber.