N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3026)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2018, 03:09 PM

Octane is the main thing there. On 93 octane should be OK on map2, give it a pull and ensure it feels smooth/runs well. You can always post a log here if you want us to double check it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3027)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 09-29-2018, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate0490
...Z1 Lower Downpip3s getting installed this week...
I have AMS Alpha LDP being installed on my Silver Sport in Oct - I would be interested in hearing how your Z1ís perform for you.
(#3028)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 Red Sport 400
Default 09-29-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Octane is the main thing there. On 93 octane should be OK on map2, give it a pull and ensure it feels smooth/runs well. You can always post a log here if you want us to double check it.
Thanks Terry.

Here's a couple logs...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 17_58_55.csv (366.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-27 21_11_03.csv (293.8 KB, 23 views)
(#3029)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS
Default 09-29-2018, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Got a bit of a longer run. Car feels like its pulling strong, running 93. Feels like I can maybe go for map 2. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 19_30_53.csv (6.5 KB, 36 views)
(#3030)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichE
Thanks for the feedback. Got a bit of a longer run. Car feels like its pulling strong, running 93. Feels like I can maybe go for map 2. Thoughts?
Go for it!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3031)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-29-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks Terry.

Here's a couple logs...
When doing logs I need to see mostly full throttle, say a 3-4 run starting in 3rd at 2000rpm.

Burger Motorsports

(#3032)
Old

Default 09-29-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
When doing logs I need to see mostly full throttle, say a 3-4 run starting in 3rd at 2000rpm.
For any particular speed or duration?

P.S. if anyone in the DC area knows of any tracks or safe areas to drive it would be appreciated. Doing 90 MPH runs in 35 zones is risky.
(#3033)
Old

Default 09-29-2018, 10:41 PM

Have any RS owners here gotten the Red Alpha Heat Exchanger? Infiniti Motorsports site actually has the "partnered" one with the Infiniti logo on it, similar to my AMS Red Alpha Intakes which I had installed at my dealer.

If I get the heat exchanger I would probably want it installed at the dealer to avoid any complications.
(#3034)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 09-29-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Have any RS owners here gotten the Red Alpha Heat Exchanger? Infiniti Motorsports site actually has the "partnered" one with the Infiniti logo on it, similar to my AMS Red Alpha Intakes which I had installed at my dealer.

If I get the heat exchanger I would probably want it installed at the dealer to avoid any complications.
I have, as well as a several other owners in the q50/q60 forum and fb group. It's the same thing, only the printed logo is different. I installed mine myself btw, can't justify paying ~$500 for labor. Been 6 months now and so far so good.
(#3035)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 09-30-2018, 04:59 AM

What temperatures are you seeing since you have the AMS HX?

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3036)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 09-30-2018, 12:18 PM

Hey Terry,

I recently upgraded my LPFP with a Walbro 274 and was logging running E30 at higher boost than previously and I had assumed that the new LPFP keeping up fuel pressure/flow would have gotten rid of my AFR spikes at high boost but I'm still seeing a couple.

Would you mind taking a look at the 3 pulls on this log and letting me know if anything seems terribly wrong? There's one spike to 21.8 AFR in the last pull at around 3k RPM but it doesn't coincide with pulled timing or anything.. infact everything else looks perfect - target boost is being hit, ECU is advancing timing just fine etc.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-29 20_24_43.csv (84.2 KB, 26 views)
(#3037)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-30-2018, 12:26 PM

What timestamp are you referring too? AFR is mapped lean during "lean spool mode" within the ECU so that is as expected. We don't have fuel pressure logging active yet on the firmware, and there would be no symptom to a low fuel pressure situation other than seeing it low in logs, or a low fuel pressure fault. Low fuel pressure would not effect AFR generally.

Burger Motorsports

(#3038)
Old

Default 09-30-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
What timestamp are you referring too? AFR is mapped lean during "lean spool mode" within the ECU so that is as expected. We don't have fuel pressure logging active yet on the firmware, and there would be no symptom to a low fuel pressure situation other than seeing it low in logs, or a low fuel pressure fault. Low fuel pressure would not effect AFR generally.
Thanks for the quick reply! I was looking at the spike around 1037s.

What about if the stock pump was crapping out and not delivering enough fuel, wouldn't that result in an AFR spike? Sorry if that's a dumb question.
(#3039)
Old

Default 09-30-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
I dropped it into 3rd with the paddles and then WOT... Hopefully these give you an idea. Map 2.

Looks like I hit 21.2 psi of boost at peak.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-09-30 17_33_34.csv (148.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: csv 2018-09-30 17_40_01.csv (77.1 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by Nate0490; 09-30-2018 at 03:20 PM..
(#3040)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 10-01-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
What temperatures are you seeing since you have the AMS HX?
It varies but it'll definitely get heat-soaked eventually. Its advantage is it takes longer time to heat up and shorter time to cool down. As an example, on a 90+ temp with 45mins crawling traffic, IAT temps reached ~135F and then less than 5 mins to bring it down to ~100F on straightaways. Stock HE took almost twice that time to cool down during my testing. YMMV
(#3041)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q50 Luxe 3.0t
Default Q50 jb4 question - 10-02-2018, 01:51 PM

2018 Q50 Luxe

Kn&n drop in
AMS 3.0" ******* Lower down pipe
Frozen Boost Heat Exchanger
JB4 w/ bluetooth.

Running E30. My data log. AFR is idle at 14.7-15+
Doent seem like it running smooth and boosting like it should. Let me know
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-02 14_24_13Map_3.csv (7.8 KB, 29 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-02 12_09_57Map_3.csv (11.0 KB, 16 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-01 10_07_21Map_6.csv (10.6 KB, 20 views)
(#3042)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-02-2018, 01:59 PM

Seems normal to me. Trims are high due to E30 mix and higher map, but AFR is in check. Leak spool mode will be in the stoich range then richens from there. Boost seems normal for the map.

If it's not running smoothly though I'd drop down to map2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3043)
Old

Car: Q
Default 10-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
Hey Terry,

I recently upgraded my LPFP with a Walbro 274 and was logging running E30 at higher boost than previously and I had assumed that the new LPFP keeping up fuel pressure/flow would have gotten rid of my AFR spikes at high boost but I'm still seeing a couple.

Would you mind taking a look at the 3 pulls on this log and letting me know if anything seems terribly wrong? There's one spike to 21.8 AFR in the last pull at around 3k RPM but it doesn't coincide with pulled timing or anything.. infact everything else looks perfect - target boost is being hit, ECU is advancing timing just fine etc.

Thanks!
An LPFP does not change your AFRs, unless you were having low side pump issues keeping up with the HPFP. It usually only does this at the beginning of 4th gear with low rpm, high load when boosting higher (20+psi).
(#3044)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsTee
An LPFP does not change your AFRs, unless you were having low side pump issues keeping up with the HPFP. It usually only does this at the beginning of 4th gear with low rpm, high load when boosting higher (20+psi).
At the time I noticed those issues I was actually running higher boost, around 20 psi lol. I don't push that high anymore but that's what I was getting at.

Still don't understand why my AFR shoots to 21+ while ECU is in lean spool mode though... Terry mentioned above it's supposed to be near stoich but also said my logs look fine.
(#3045)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Seems normal to me. Trims are high due to E30 mix and higher map, but AFR is in check. Leak spool mode will be in the stoich range then richens from there. Boost seems normal for the map.

If it's not running smoothly though I'd drop down to map2.
Hey Terry did you get a chance to look at my logs above?

Is there a good tutorial or YouTube video on what we should be looking for in reviewing them on our own? It would be nice if BMS could create a YT video if there isnt one already. Thanks.
(#3046)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2018, 02:59 PM

Hopefully will have time this weekend to test fit these bad boys.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3047)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy
At the time I noticed those issues I was actually running higher boost, around 20 psi lol. I don't push that high anymore but that's what I was getting at.

Still don't understand why my AFR shoots to 21+ while ECU is in lean spool mode though... Terry mentioned above it's supposed to be near stoich but also said my logs look fine.
Hey Boxy, what is the AFR supposed to be at? Just curious for reviewing my own logs.

Thanks!
(#3048)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-03-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I dropped it into 3rd with the paddles and then WOT... Hopefully these give you an idea. Map 2.

Looks like I hit 21.2 psi of boost at peak.
Seems OK to me, but more octane would probably help there. Don't have a VR30 specific how to read logs thread. But at some point will work on that!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3049)
Old

Default 10-03-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Seems OK to me, but more octane would probably help there. Don't have a VR30 specific how to read logs thread. But at some point will work on that!
Cool. What do you look at to determine that more octane would help? Do any off the shelf octane boosters do any good? Trying to learn here so I dont have to bother you every time!

(#3050)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 10-03-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Cool. What do you look at to determine that more octane would help? Do any off the shelf octane boosters do any good? Trying to learn here so I dont have to bother you every time!

Anything less than $10 a bottle is typically useless. Stick to ones that use MMT - like NOS Racing Formula. An E30 blend of (1:4) 93 and E85 also works well!