N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2801)
Old

Car: 18 q50 redsport
Default 08-07-2018, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
I would truly LOVE if this would work with our cars!

I've tried every single which way to get the car to NOT cut boost...but it still does right after launch.
Same here sadly.... Terry . payem any help ??
(#2802)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2018, 11:17 AM

We have no issues brake boosting ours. Log of what your car is doing now at the launch so we can see how we might improve it?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2803)
Old

Car: q60
Default 08-07-2018, 11:20 AM

CapoJoe860 - do you have an AWD car? (i do). Terry are your cars AWD? i wonder if that is part of the discrepancy.

i'll post so logs shortly.
(#2804)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-07-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrababeh
Any plans on meth injection kits for the vr30?
It's definitely the next logical step - I just cannot find anyone in NTX who will take on the project...
(#2805)
Old

Default 08-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Quote:
CapoJoe860 - do you have an AWD car? (i do). Terry are your cars AWD? i wonder if that is part of the discrepancy.

Yes 18 q50 rs awd.
(#2806)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
It's definitely the next logical step - I just cannot find anyone in NTX who will take on the project...
We have the JB4 progressive control for WMI all ready to go. Just need someone to mount the nozzles and wire it up.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2807)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2018, 02:01 PM

Quote:

RWD here.

Burger Motorsports

(#2808)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 08-07-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have no issues brake boosting ours. Log of what your car is doing now at the launch so we can see how we might improve it?
Just to be clear are you talking about rolling brake boost or from the line?
(#2809)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2018, 06:03 PM

Brake boosting from a stop, on drag radials for launching the car.

Burger Motorsports

(#2810)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Silver Sport AWD
Default 08-07-2018, 06:27 PM

Any new jb4 updates coming for Q owners?
(#2811)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2018, 06:30 PM

We're always kicking stuff around here but the currently post firmware is working really well, and with the custom tuning map6 option users are able to create a JB4 map to suit whatever their specific driving needs are without having to rely on us for updates for it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2812)
Old

Default 08-07-2018, 07:51 PM

Quote:
We're always kicking stuff around here but the currently post firmware is working really well, and with the custom tuning map6 option users are able to create a JB4 map to suit whatever their specific driving needs are without having to rely on us for updates for it.
But alot of the features from the app arent available. Launch control. Some Gauges arent available. Fuel injector tuning. Etc.

Is this because the car won't allow it or because INFINITI tuning isnt your main focus ?
(#2813)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 08-08-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Gotcha, thabks.
(#2814)
Old

Car: '18 Q50 RS AWD
Default 08-08-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Terry,

I would love to know a little more of your exact methods that are beneficial in your testing. I have been brake boosting cars for many years, but my '18 RS AWD just doesnt respond well to it.

If an actual launch control/brake boost of sorts could be developed into the JB4 creating a positive launch for my car... I will Paypal you $250USD on the spot.

If I need to offer more to encourage dev, please let me know.

Love the JB4 as it stands now... but wow... seems like its a world of opportunities from your company. Color me impreSed

2018 Q50 RS400 AWD (w/Sport Mufflers)

Loving the ride...
(#2815)
Old

Car: Jetta
Default Datalogs - 08-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Hey Everyone!

2017 Q50 Premium owner here - factory, with JB4. Using about 3.5Gal of Shell E85, and the rest Shell 93Oct.

Terry (and others) what do you think about these Datalogs? Ran a handful of back to back runs, using MAP2.

2nd felt quite a bit stronger! JB4 Settings - only thing I set was MAP 2.

How do these look?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 180808_1440 4th.csv (5.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 180808_1445 3rd-4th.csv (6.1 KB, 34 views)
File Type: csv 180808_1447 2nd.csv (5.5 KB, 33 views)
File Type: csv 180808_1449 2nddd.csv (5.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: csv 180808_1451 2ndddddddd.csv.csv (6.4 KB, 38 views)
(#2816)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsRamAir
Terry,

I would love to know a little more of your exact methods that are beneficial in your testing. I have been brake boosting cars for many years, but my '18 RS AWD just doesnt respond well to it.

If an actual launch control/brake boost of sorts could be developed into the JB4 creating a positive launch for my car... I will Paypal you $250USD on the spot.

Love the JB4 as it stands now... but wow... seems like its a world of opportunities from your company. Color me impreSed
For starters just a log of the issue so I can see if anything stands out. A lot of times launching issues don't originate from the ECU, but rather than stability control computer, which is a completely different module, so I can't promise we can help with the issue. Never hurts to look though!

Burger Motorsports

(#2817)
Old

Car: q60
Default 08-09-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Terry,

I would do the same!

Terry what you said makes sense, that it could be the stability control...but SOMETHING prevents me from truly getting a good launch in this car.

I will try to get some logs today.
(#2818)
Old

Car: 325
Default 08-09-2018, 09:49 PM

Hey Guys...….. WHAT is the trick for getting the Grommet back into place. Mine is giving me HELL, and I cant get it in. The floorboard of the rear driver's side is getting really WET and that is the only place that I can figure that it is coming from.
Need some HELP if you have any "Grommet" re-install tips.
THANKS....
(#2819)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 08-09-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscandal
Hey Guys...….. WHAT is the trick for getting the Grommet back into place. Mine is giving me HELL, and I cant get it in. The floorboard of the rear driver's side is getting really WET and that is the only place that I can figure that it is coming from.
THANKS....
Will be tough but doable. On the rubber grommet is an arrow, and on the firewall there is a dimple. I aligned the arrow to that dimple and I was able to push it in tightly. Page 12 of the jb4 install guide. Hope it helps.
(#2820)
Old

Car: Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-10-2018, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscandal
THANKS....
Yes, align the marks as rs400newbie explains, also locate the cable at the 6 o’clock position. Alternatively, boost in motion has a Utube video of an alternate cable routing.
(#2821)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 08-11-2018, 11:37 AM

2018-08-11 13_23_06.csv

Can someone take a look at this log for me? I'm in an SS, running 93 on Map 2. Have an intake and full catback. Timing looks fine/normal to me, but it looks like I'm running a bit rich and my trims seem higher than normal.

Still learning, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
(#2822)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2018, 12:18 PM

Looks fine to me. AFR readings are going to be least accurate post shift until stabilized.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2823)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 08-11-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Looks fine to me. AFR readings are going to be least accurate post shift until stabilized.
Got it. Awesome. Thanks for taking a look, Terry! So I’ll focus more on afr once stabilized as a gauge.
(#2824)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 08-11-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Terry,

I believe either disconnecting the plug inside the trunk (there's a video in you tube) or traction ctrl OFF + pressing the brake switch (the white one, on the left) for 5 sec (see you tube vid from gilbert bernal, he titled it "How do standing burnout in a Q50 3.0T"). Since you're an AWD i'm guessing you may have to do both, but please try either or both, i'm sure you'll get it to work.
(#2825)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 08-12-2018, 07:01 AM

Gotta go to dealer tomorrow to replace tire due to bubble. Will the jb4 be okay just unplugging the canbus under the wheel??

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)