N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2776)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoJoe860
I didnt realize he worked for your company.. my apologies.

In that case PAYAM i posted several graphs one specifically from a dig and running map5 through the gears regarding knock and timing is their any particular graph i posted that looked the worse as far as timing. i read the post you shared with me and the only graph they have missing is a datalog example of engine pulling timing. i understand timing should appear like a bowl then dipping getting higher to redline and watch out for dips more than 3 deg unless pedal input is not 100 percent in which case abrupt dips is normal. I just want to see which graphs of mine have timing being pulled while wot.

thanks in advance .
Got to your email

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2777)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 08-03-2018, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Email me?
Whatís your email? My post is #2752, it includes the video and log

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#2778)
Old

Car: 18 q50 redsport
Default GAS TIME... ETHANOL vs 100 octane unleaded vs 104 unleaded - 08-03-2018, 07:38 AM

I have access available to me 5 gallon drums of e85 fuels 85 percent ethanol as well as 100 octane unleaded and 104 unleaded.. then i have higher leaded octane available ..

i was playing around with online ethanol calculator and was wondering what percentage of ethanol am i targeting. ? 10 gallons of 93 and 5 gallos of e85 gives me at 40 percent ethanol... or 97 octane... according to calculator...

i can achieve higher octane rating by buying 104 octane and mixing with 93 but end result is less ethanol..

what do i want in a boosted application higher octane or ethanol. also i don't want any issues with injectors or pumps, don't know if ethanol cause damage to stock fuel setup...

any advice appreciated.. i will post graph as well hope its helpful for others with 18 redsport awd q50 otherwise stock...
(#2779)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Sport
Default 08-03-2018, 08:03 AM

CEL light came on this morning. Stopped at Autozone on the way to work and it looks like it threw 3 P0101 / MAF codes. Could that be related to the JB1 tune and am I able to clear them with the data cable or is JB4 required for that? 2018 SS, no other mods, running JB1 +6.
(#2780)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 08-03-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefnwa
CEL light came on this morning. Stopped at Autozone on the way to work and it looks like it threw 3 P0101 / MAF codes. Could that be related to the JB1 tune and am I able to clear them with the data cable or is JB4 required for that? 2018 SS, no other mods, running JB1 +6.
Autozone could of cleared them for you

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#2781)
Old

Default 08-03-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Autozone could of cleared them for you
Hmm, they told me they legally couldn't.
(#2782)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefnwa
Could be tuning related, but normally it's intake related. A JB4 would be better to diagnose as you could read/delete codes with it, and then play with boost levels, to see if a specific boost level is triggering the code.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2783)
Old

Default 08-03-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Could be tuning related, but normally it's intake related. A JB4 would be better to diagnose as you could read/delete codes with it, and then play with boost levels, to see if a specific boost level is triggering the code.
Yea, that's what I've been reading, it seems to be people with aftermarket intakes on (which I don't have). I've had JB1 for about 8K miles now. So is the dealer my only option to clear it then, outside of buying JB4 or an OBDII scanner?
(#2784)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2018, 08:36 AM

The JB4 is just the cheapest/easiest option. You could buy an OBDII scanner for $50 to read/delete codes also.

Burger Motorsports

(#2785)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-03-2018, 10:10 AM

You probably have already tried this - but just in case: Some people have reported that reseating the JB1/JB4 connections and making sure the connector pins are clean and straight has helped clear up CELís.
(#2786)
Old

Car: 2018 Infiniti Q60 Silver Sport AWD
Default Map 6 data log for Q60 SS - 08-05-2018, 10:28 PM

Hey Terry can you look at this log for me and tell me what you think?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-05 21_23_40.csv (15.7 KB, 49 views)
(#2787)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
I have access available to me 5 gallon drums of e85 fuels 85 percent ethanol as well as 100 octane unleaded and 104 unleaded.. then i have higher leaded octane available ..

i was playing around with online ethanol calculator and was wondering what percentage of ethanol am i targeting. ? 10 gallons of 93 and 5 gallos of e85 gives me at 40 percent ethanol... or 97 octane... according to calculator...

i can achieve higher octane rating by buying 104 octane and mixing with 93 but end result is less ethanol..

what do i want in a boosted application higher octane or ethanol. also i don't want any issues with injectors or pumps, don't know if ethanol cause damage to stock fuel setup...

any advice appreciated.. i will post graph as well hope its helpful for others with 18 redsport awd q50 otherwise stock...

Any thoughts ?
(#2788)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 08-06-2018, 07:34 AM

To the Ethanol users, anyone running a Eth gauge to make sure you have the proper mix in your tank?

Even if you test the E at your local pump, I'm sure that % can change from time to time. Do you guys just test it each time you fill up?

17' Q50 RS
(#2789)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 08-06-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
To the Ethanol users, anyone running a Eth gauge to make sure you have the proper mix in your tank?

Even if you test the E at your local pump, I'm sure that % can change from time to time. Do you guys just test it each time you fill up?
Iíve been considering the following:
http://www.fuel-it.com/flex-fuel-sen...ooth-analyzer/
(#2790)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrababeh
It's aggressive but seems to be working fine at least in this log.

Burger Motorsports

(#2791)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-06-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Any thoughts ?
Octane is most important.

Burger Motorsports

(#2792)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
It's aggressive but seems to be working fine at least in this log.
Thanks! It's my Map 6 for kill mode lol and I only run it with 4-5 gallons of E85 mixed with a tank of 93. And I'm constantly datalogging to make sure the engine is happy!
(#2793)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salrababeh

Trims are maxed out, what fuel are you using? Might need to lower boost on map6.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2794)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Trims are maxed out, what fuel are you using? Might need to lower boost on map6.
93 with about 4 gallons of e85. Should I add a little more e85 to the tank?
(#2795)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 10:24 AM

The problem with really high targets like the 8+psi over stock being attempted here, is you wind up not making more boost (due to limits of the turbo hardware), but in the process lean out the AFR and max out the fuel trims. Which may be OK on E85 mixtures but net/net I think you're better off with a lower target like +7psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#2796)
Old

Default 08-06-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
The problem with really high targets like the 8+psi over stock being attempted here, is you wind up not making more boost (due to limits of the turbo hardware), but in the process lean out the AFR and max out the fuel trims. Which may be OK on E85 mixtures but net/net I think you're better off with a lower target like +7psi.
Okay noted. Thanks for the input Terry! Canít wait for my Dragy to come in!
(#2797)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2018, 11:00 AM

Dragy is great for testing out various map changes to see what works best for you!

Burger Motorsports

(#2798)
Old

Default WMI - 08-06-2018, 10:25 PM

Any plans on meth injection kits for the vr30?
(#2799)
Old

Default Launch control jb4 - 08-07-2018, 06:21 AM

Any plans on launch control option for jb4. I see it in the app is it working ? Any instructions on how to setup for 18 q50 rs
(#2800)
Old

Car: q60
Default 08-07-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Any plans on launch control option for jb4. I see it in the app is it working ? Any instructions on how to setup for 18 q50 rs

I would truly LOVE if this would work with our cars!

I've tried every single which way to get the car to NOT cut boost...but it still does right after launch.