-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-TopSpeedPro Mid-Pipe (resonated) exhaust
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-JB4 (map 6) w/Fuel Wires (93oct)
(#2752)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 07-21-2018, 05:27 AM

Here is the log and video on YouTube from 0-110, terry when you get a chance let me now if it looks good...

https://youtu.be/mHe5CLhrS9c
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-21 07_42_49.csv (10.8 KB, 83 views)

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#2753)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 07-21-2018, 01:52 PM

Hey Guys.. Quick question...

I purchased and installed a JB4, it’s the version that comes in the black plastic case about 3 weeks ago. I recently bought the Bluetooth kit and installed it yesterday.

I got everything installed and it seems to be working, however I have noticed my app is a bit different in the Settings Section then what others have posted.

I don’t see anywhere to choose diff Rev of the Bluetooth dongle and most importantly I don’t see where to select what type vehicle I am driving.

Is this just an updated version of the app or am I missing something?
(#2754)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-21-2018, 02:51 PM

Sounds like the latest app version, so you are good to go.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2755)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 07-21-2018, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sounds like the latest app version, so you are good to go.
Thx... Terry
(#2756)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default JB4 "default" Map - 07-22-2018, 08:17 AM

Terry@BMS or other knowledgable user,

Can you please confirm if the JB4 module is preset to Map-1 (+4psi) right out of the box? Thx!

2017 Q60 Premuim 3.0t RWD
BMS JB1/JB4 Module
BMS Air Intake
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exh.
(#2757)
Old

Default 07-23-2018, 10:52 AM

Terry, did you ever get a chance to check my last log??

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#2758)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 08-01-2018, 08:52 AM

Hey all,

Looking at picking up a 2018 Q50 3.0 sport.

Im trying to figure out whats the best option to go with, stage 1 or JB4. I'm not looking to do to much adjustments, I would rather have a set it and forget it, which still getting good gains. What psi should i aim for

I have 93 OCT and E85 available and wouldn't mind doing a mixture.
(#2759)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4z808
Hey all,

Looking at picking up a 2018 Q50 3.0 sport.

Im trying to figure out whats the best option to go with, stage 1 or JB4. I'm not looking to do to much adjustments, I would rather have a set it and forget it, which still getting good gains. What psi should i aim for

I have 93 OCT and E85 available and wouldn't mind doing a mixture.
For the 300hp model I'd suggest the JB4 and map2, especially if you plan to mix in E85 at some point. Map2 works well on both pump and E85 mixtures so once changing the map no further changes would ever be required. Just pump in the fuel you want and enjoy.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2760)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-01-2018, 10:24 AM

Jb4 for sure, not even a question.

Burger Motorsports

(#2761)
Old

Car: 18 q50 redsport
Default New memeber 2018 q50 redsport AWD logs.. please advise. - 08-01-2018, 05:08 PM

Hello Terry and others I MADE IT! whew that anti spam is insane.... lol,

I have been lurking unregistered for a while reading and researching the jb4 for q50 RS 2018. I just recently acquired the unit today with bluetooth and installed this evening , actually my 8 year old son installed the unit which was a great learning experience for him. Anyways these are my logs running map 5 tonight 93 octane completely stock 1500 miles on the vehicle.

my question is regarding timing it seems afrs are fine and boost peaked 20psi a bit car felt smooth just kept pulling. Everyone i have spoken with is afraid to run anything over map1 on a redsport. I feel the opposite... would you say these maps look good, the maps where on highway and a couple 3rd to 4th pulls some all 3rd some all 4th and later ones are dead stop to about 10040 mph ...

looking forward to your advice... how does the timing look? when i setup my app i clicked ign1 boost pedal afr rpm didnt know if that was all i needed when posting these files. Thanks for a great product looking forward to your response.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-08-01 18_41_22.csv (6.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-01 18_41_59.csv (4.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-01 18_43_09.csv (13.8 KB, 83 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-01 18_44_06.csv (16.4 KB, 38 views)
File Type: csv 2018-08-01 18_51_57.csv (9.9 KB, 46 views)
(#2762)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 05:21 PM

while I'm still here i have a question...

Boost safety is only active in what map?

If is was to run map7 is their a stock overboost cut? or is that in app can i use map7 and set a overbost cut at 21psi ?

Is the IAT reading correct seems quite cool stock .. 100 percent humidity tonight and air temps 80+ degrees...

ign timing i dont understand really ... what do i want to see timing wise on a graph the number going higher to redline or lower? or just a brief explanation on what to look out for to see if vehicle is sensing knock...

lastly app said jb4 entered safe mode at top of screen during one run.. i switched to map0 then back to map i was on and it disappeared what does that mean when it happens....

datalog question i was originally pressing start log and stop log then i noticed it was starting and stopping by itself seemingly based on my pedal input.... does the jb4 automatically start and stop logging at over 50 percent pedal?

thanks again... looking forward to learning this amazing tool...

I noticed these functions not working currently.
Gear function doesn't work
GPS speed seems to work
Trans temp doesn't work
Normal?

(#2763)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 08-01-2018, 05:25 PM

Your car is pulling a lot of timing out when your at peak boost. I think your running too much boost for 93 octane.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2764)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Your car is pulling a lot of timing out when your at peak boost. I think your running too much boost for 93 octane.
what do i want to see and what csv file are you talking about specifically.

I thought the graphs looked pretty decent imo...
(#2765)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-01-2018, 05:32 PM

A few timing drops in the logs but they seem normal to me from what I see in map 5.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2766)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 05:38 PM

:h appy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
A few timing drops in the logs but they seem normal to me from what I see in map 5.
SO she is looking fine map5 in your opinion? . I was a bit low on fuel 39 miles left to empty. so i will refill and put in nos race octane booster tomorrow, no e85 in ct sadly..

I need to better understand the timing thing.. can you explain it a tiny bit.... does map7 look possible.. id like to try it...from what you see is their any reason not to try?

also what does it mean when on one run it said jb4 entered safe mode?
(#2767)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-01-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoJoe860
:h appy

SO she is looking fine map5 in your opinion? . I was a bit low on fuel 39 miles left to empty. so i will refill and put in nos race octane booster tomorrow, no e85 in ct sadly..

I need to better understand the timing thing.. can you explain it a tiny bit.... does map7 look possible.. id like to try it...from what you see is their any reason not to try?

also what does it mean when on one run it said jb4 entered safe mode?
This thread should help you better understand the parameters and meanings:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

For timing you'd want to see it rise up as you go through the RPM. Any little bump/dip that kicks timing down is generally knock. If we see it recoup and go back up then it's fine. If you see repeated bumps and dips on timing without recouping, then you know it is bad and turn to lower map.

Going into safety means you might have overboosted or hit AFR/Trim limit. Jb4 has integrated safety implementations to keep the engine happy and safe.

Burger Motorsports

(#2768)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
This thread should help you better understand the parameters and meanings:

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21269

For timing you'd want to see it rise up as you go through the RPM. Any little bump/dip that kicks timing down is generally knock. If we see it recoup and go back up then it's fine. If you see repeated bumps and dips on timing without recouping, then you know it is bad and turn to lower map.

Going into safety means you might have overboosted or hit AFR/Trim limit. Jb4 has integrated safety implementations to keep the engine happy and safe.

I love your product. i appreciate the links to educate myself on the product, youtube unfortunately has a lot of the install but barely any on the tuning or how to tune the jb4 ....

does the infiniti version of jb4 offer boost by gear? I'm also trying to see what features work on the app and what don't.. their seems to be a lot of items not available for my platform but in the app for my vehicle. id like to find a place to get all the available features explained...does that exist?
(#2769)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2018, 06:29 PM

Boost by gear isn't active yet so it uses road speed instead! Works the same way though. Add in caps by gear to limit boost in that general range. Value of 0 disables the limiting all together.

Burger Motorsports

(#2770)
Old

Default 08-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Hello Terry and others I MADE IT! whew that anti spam is insane.... lol,

I have been lurking unregistered for a while reading and researching the jb4 for q50 RS 2018. I just recently acquired the unit today with bluetooth and installed this evening , actually my 8 year old son installed the unit which was a great learning experience for him. Anyways these are my logs running map 5 tonight 93 octane completely stock 1500 miles on the vehicle.

my question is regarding timing it seems afrs are fine and boost peaked 20psi a bit car felt smooth just kept pulling. Everyone i have spoken with is afraid to run anything over map1 on a redsport. I feel the opposite... would you say these maps look good, the maps where on highway and a couple 3rd to 4th pulls some all 3rd some all 4th and later ones are dead stop to about 10040 mph ...

looking forward to your advice... how does the timing look? when i setup my app i clicked ign1 boost pedal afr rpm didnt know if that was all i needed when posting these files. Thanks for a great product looking forward to your response.

Terry check out my logs please . 2018 q50 redsport running map 5 93 octane pulls what's your thoughts ? Try map 7? The logs I attached about 6 posts ago
(#2771)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-01-2018, 07:03 PM

Payam is already helping you it appears, no need to double up the work.

Burger Motorsports

(#2772)
Old

Thumbs up 08-02-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Payam is already helping you it appears, no need to double up the work.

I didnt realize he worked for your company.. my apologies.

In that case PAYAM i posted several graphs one specifically from a dig and running map5 through the gears regarding knock and timing is their any particular graph i posted that looked the worse as far as timing. i read the post you shared with me and the only graph they have missing is a datalog example of engine pulling timing. i understand timing should appear like a bowl then dipping getting higher to redline and watch out for dips more than 3 deg unless pedal input is not 100 percent in which case abrupt dips is normal. I just want to see which graphs of mine have timing being pulled while wot.

thanks in advance .
(#2773)
Old

Default 08-02-2018, 07:50 AM

Has anybody checked mine out? With the video?? Lol I’m still waiting on good or bad news?

-LDP
-Megan Racing Y-Pipe
-BMS Cold Air Intake
(#2774)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I didnt realize he worked for your company.. my apologies.

In that case PAYAM i posted several graphs one specifically from a dig and running map5 through the gears regarding knock and timing is their any particular graph i posted that looked the worse as far as timing. i read the post you shared with me and the only graph they have missing is a datalog example of engine pulling timing. i understand timing should appear like a bowl then dipping getting higher to redline and watch out for dips more than 3 deg unless pedal input is not 100 percent in which case abrupt dips is normal. I just want to see which graphs of mine have timing being pulled while wot.

thanks in advance .
If you need more involved support then email might be better, payam@burgertuning.com.

Burger Motorsports

(#2775)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Has anybody checked mine out? With the video?? Lol Iím still waiting on good or bad news?
Email me?

Burger Motorsports