N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default BMS Transmission oil cooler - 08-11-2021, 06:31 PM

Great to see!

One question: it looks like it mounts on the rad, not near the intercooler? So I guess if I were to install it, and later switch to BMS intercooler, wouldn't be a problem? How hard is the install? How likely to dump transmission fluid everywhere?

Also - k8stingerstore has an external "oil cooler" for the Stinger that also seems to mount on the rad - it seems like it's either / or - doesn't seem like there's room for both? I'm interested in doing both, sort of.

If I had to pick (doing some HDPE in NorCal), which one would be more helpful?
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-11-2021, 08:29 PM

It fits with the BMS intercooler, no idea on the external oil cooler. But a trans cooler is more important than an oil cooler for these IMHO so if you need to pick one....

Payam is working on an install guide, it's not too bad.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 08-12-2021, 10:39 AM

It mounts where the stock trans oil cooler sits.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2018 kia stinger gt2
Default 08-14-2021, 10:47 AM

It's a plug and play install with the provided connectors right? Also what about the fluid? It's pretty expensive so should we catch it all and reuse it? Also the added capacity of the cooler will require a trans fluid top off anyways right? Sorry about all the questions I placed my order yesterday.
(#5)
Old

Car: 2020 Genesis G70
Default 08-14-2021, 11:32 AM

Will this fit the G70?
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2021, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy7_12
Will this fit the G70?
We think so. Sent one out to a G70 tester last week so we'll find out soon enough.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger_salvage
It's a plug and play install with the provided connectors right? Also what about the fluid? It's pretty expensive so should we catch it all and reuse it? Also the added capacity of the cooler will require a trans fluid top off anyways right? Sorry about all the questions I placed my order yesterday.
Yes you'll need another qt of fluid give or take, capture and reuse existing fluid if practical for you.

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Car: G70
Default 08-15-2021, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes you'll need another qt of fluid give or take, capture and reuse existing fluid if practical for you.
Terry, you guys using the Hyundai specific ATF SP-IV-RR or have you found another ATF? Looks like Valvoline (ATF) Full Synthetic specs match.

I need to order a quart or two for the install.

Last edited by Avant; 08-15-2021 at 02:14 PM..
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-16-2021, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant
Terry, you guys using the Hyundai specific ATF SP-IV-RR or have you found another ATF? Looks like Valvoline (ATF) Full Synthetic specs match.

I need to order a quart or two for the install.
Barely anything spills out when doing the swap, but yes we suggest getting 1qt from the dealer to top it off. It will not need any more than that.

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 08-16-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Barely anything spills out when doing the swap, but yes we suggest getting 1qt from the dealer to top it off. It will not need any more than that.
Sounds good. I might do a flush while I am at it. The Hyundai ATF isn't cheap though haha.
(#11)
Old

Default 08-21-2021, 03:16 PM

Just got my kit today. Is there an install guide somewhere?
(#12)
Old

Default 08-23-2021, 11:28 AM

Pretty amazing mod. Installed mine last week and did some before and after testing with it.

Two logs attached. Before the BMS trans cooler I would go above 200 degrees pretty quickly after about 5-6 hard pulls back to back. With the cooler installed the highest I have seen is 183 and that was after 8-9 pulls!
Attached Images

(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-23-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Just got my kit today. Is there an install guide somewhere?
Will be up later today! I'll post the link up here.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 08-23-2021, 02:29 PM

Um it looks like it won't fit the Mish kit either... Bummer.
(#15)
Old

Default 08-23-2021, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Um it looks like it won't fit the Mish kit either... Bummer.
Id be curious. I installed mine above the BMS intercooler. Not sure how high the Mish intercooler sits but there still might be room for it. Then the lines drop below/behind the intercooler and back up.
(#16)
Old

Default 08-23-2021, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant
Id be curious. I installed mine above the BMS intercooler. Not sure how high the Mish intercooler sits but there still might be room for it. Then the lines drop below/behind the intercooler and back up.
It's about 1.5 inches too high. However looks like I can bend the top brackets and make it fit between the Mish and the crash bar. Still a flawed design however.
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-24-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
It's about 1.5 inches too high. However looks like I can bend the top brackets and make it fit between the Mish and the crash bar. Still a flawed design however.
It's supposed to fit in between the intercooler and condenser, just like stock.

Might need to remove the intercooler to install the cooler.

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 08-24-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
It's supposed to fit in between the intercooler and condenser, just like stock.

Might need to remove the intercooler to install the cooler.
There is not enough room between the Mish intercooler and the condenser. Also I don't think the Mish can be moved out more because if it's tabs.
(#19)
Old

Car: 2022 G70
Default 08-24-2021, 02:38 PM

What are the physical dimensions of the new cooler, im playing with my new 22 g70 and wanted to do some planning.

On another note, if someone wanted to buy an off the shelf Mish cooler, would burger sell their billet adapter alone?

'22 G70 3.3T Havanna Red
Currently...stock
(#20)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-24-2021, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G70in21
What are the physical dimensions of the new cooler, im playing with my new 22 g70 and wanted to do some planning.

On another note, if someone wanted to buy an off the shelf Mish cooler, would burger sell their billet adapter alone?
Dimensions are 13"x8"x2" IIRC.
We're having brackets made to fit the G70 right now. The option will be on the website sometime next week.

We only sell the kits as full, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#21)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 08-24-2021, 11:35 PM

was the install guide ready?
(#22)
Old

Default 08-25-2021, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Dimensions are 13"x8"x2" IIRC.
We're having brackets made to fit the G70 right now. The option will be on the website sometime next week.

We only sell the kits as full, sorry.
Thanks! Looking forward to the brackets, are you testing on a 22 or earlier? Not sure if there is much difference in that area between the two.

'22 G70 3.3T Havanna Red
Currently...stock
(#23)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-25-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G70in21
Thanks! Looking forward to the brackets, are you testing on a 22 or earlier? Not sure if there is much difference in that area between the two.
It will be made off the 2021 which we hope would be the same as 2022.

This is what our G70 Tester had to do at the moment:
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#24)
Old

Car: 2019 GTS
Default 08-25-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Will be up later today! I'll post the link up here.
Any progress on the install guide?
(#25)
Old

Default 08-26-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
It will be made off the 2021 which we hope would be the same as 2022.

This is what our G70 Tester had to do at the moment:
Awesome.

I haven't taken the front cowl off the car yet but from what I can see they look very similar.

'22 G70 3.3T Havanna Red
Currently...stock