JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#4676)
Old

Car: 21 Kia Forte gt
Default 11-07-2021, 06:22 PM

Yeah Iím sorry Iím very new to this I wasnít sure which log was which.. I believe Iíve posted the correct one now!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_211107_1809.csv (5.9 KB, 73 views)
(#4677)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 11-07-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte_chris
Yeah Iím sorry Iím very new to this I wasnít sure which log was which.. I believe Iíve posted the correct one now!

What plugs and gap? You have a lot of timing corrections. What fuel is being used?

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD CERAMIC SILVER W/RED INTERIOR
JB4 W/FUEL WIRES & EWG WIRES
BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
STOPTECH FRONT AND REAR PADS
DENSO 5346
SEIBON CARBON FIBER OEM HOOD
NICHE 20" WHEELS MATTE BRONZE
LLUMAR STRATOS CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
ROAR CERAMIC/GRAPHENE/POLYSILAZANE COATING
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#4678)
Old

Default 11-07-2021, 07:30 PM

Factory plugs regapped to .022
And 93 but there was probably some E left in the tank.
(#4679)
Old

Default 11-07-2021, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Factory plugs regapped to .022
And 93 but there was probably some E left in the tank.

You have some timing issues. I would try getting some E85 mixed in. Might need to swap plugs for a step colder

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346
(#4680)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2021, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone
What plugs and gap? You have a lot of timing corrections. What fuel is being used?
His model shows raw timing, not timing corrections, under 2-4. I don't see many corrections at all.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4681)
Old

Default 11-08-2021, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
His model shows raw timing, not timing corrections, under 2-4. I don't see many corrections at all.
Is that ok.?
Iím very new to this terry and am still learning. But I have been reading the tread on logging parameters! Just still trying to figure out what everything should be.
(#4682)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 11-08-2021, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Tuning wise it seems fine, but the app is dropping data points for some reason. Photo of JB4 mobile adapter placement?
I placed it on the Fuse Box, on the passenger side. Hope i angled it corectly. BTW mine is a RHD version. Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by SA6YEuro; 11-08-2021 at 05:04 AM..
(#4683)
Old

Default 11-08-2021, 07:14 AM

Here is another log from this morning after taking my son to school.
What the heckís going on here..? at times it feels strong and pulls hard and at times it feels sluggish and like itís having a hard time sorting everything out to get going... and when it does like this I can visibly see and feel the boost gauge surging.
Can you tell from the logs if the fuel wire is working.?

And why is it that I canít get but one log to save at a time..?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R2_211108_0838.csv (11.4 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Forte_chris; 11-08-2021 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: Added question
(#4684)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2021, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Here is another log from this morning after taking my son to school.
What the heck’s going on here..? at times it feels strong and pulls hard and at times it feels sluggish and like it’s having a hard time sorting everything out to get going... and when it does like this I can visibly see and feel the boost gauge surging.
Can you tell from the logs if the fuel wire is working.?

And why is it that I can’t get but one log to save at a time..?
For the 1.6L this mild oscillation is usually caused by the boost target being too high for the factory PID system to accommodate. Mods like intakes can make it more pronounced. Weather also plays a role. Does it come up on map1?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4685)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-08-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA6YEuro
I placed it on the Fuse Box, on the passenger side. Hope i angled it corectly. BTW mine is a RHD version. Thanks
Move the adapter so its not touching the metal enclosure. If that doesn't help you can try contacting JB4 mobile for help as its basically an app issue. support@jb4connectkit.com

Burger Motorsports

(#4686)
Old

Default 11-08-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
For the 1.6L this mild oscillation is usually caused by the boost target being too high for the factory PID system to accommodate. Mods like intakes can make it more pronounced. Weather also plays a role. Does it come up on map1?
I have zero mods other than the jb4 and muffler and resonator delete.
I will see when I get home if it does, and try to get another log.
(#4687)
Old

Default 11-08-2021, 05:08 PM

Oh hereís a map 1 log guys, felt pretty good and no boost surging.
I will have to account the qwerks I was experiencing yesterday to altitude and elevation changes as I didnít really think about the fact that I was indeed doing a little of that where I was at.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M1_R1_211108_1839.csv (6.4 KB, 57 views)
(#4688)
Old

Default 11-08-2021, 06:56 PM

And there is map 2.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_211108_1928 2.csv (6.7 KB, 57 views)
(#4689)
Old

Default 11-09-2021, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Move the adapter so its not touching the metal enclosure. If that doesn't help you can try contacting JB4 mobile for help as its basically an app issue. support@jb4connectkit.com
Will try it out. BTW, where do I refer to in terms of the value for the app data points. Thanks for the advice Terry.
(#4690)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2021, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA6YEuro
Will try it out. BTW, where do I refer to in terms of the value for the app data points. Thanks for the advice Terry.
The timestamp in the log as you scroll along in the app or windows interface when viewing it.

Burger Motorsports

(#4691)
Old

Default 11-11-2021, 02:44 AM

Quote:
The timestamp in the log as you scroll along in the app or windows interface when viewing it.
OK got it. Thanks
(#4692)
Old

Car: 2020 Veloster N nonPP
Default 11-13-2021, 08:22 PM

I'm curious how my log looks. I thought I did 2 separate logs, but they seem to have merged. The left side of the graph is 40 to 70 WOT (cropped out of screenshot, but shows in csv file), The right side is 40 to 80 WOT. Running map2 with fuel wire hooked up. Up hill. 39įF

I was a little surprised to see 22 lbs of boost at times, but other than that, I'm not certain what I'm looking at. It looks ok to me, but I'm not super familiar with logging.
Ign3 stuck out a little, it was 5.30 at about 4k rpm and 4.5 at 4.4k rpm.

Genesis G70 2.0t AWD (basically a stinger)
Started in 3rd gear, ended in 4th gear. Sport mode, manual shift.
Running only 93 octane since I bought the car. PA, USA.
HKS 45 plugs gapped to .024
Windbooster throttle controller, not sure if this affects pedal/WOT.
All else bone stock

Thank you for your time.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R3_211113_2111.csv (27.2 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by tCizzler; 11-14-2021 at 06:02 AM..
(#4693)
Old

Car: Kia Cerato GT 1.6 (AUS)
Default Cerato GT 1.6T Log check - 11-14-2021, 08:01 PM

Could you please check my 2 logs.

I am using MAP 6 and did a number of runs and made many adjustments to get to this, so I hope it looks good, especially the IGN timing

98 (RON)
Intercooler Resonator Delete
HKS 45 M-Series Spark plugs
MSD Ignition Coils
Takes a Stage 2 Air Intake

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M6_3rd.csv (6.7 KB, 52 views)
File Type: csv P21_M6_0-65mph.csv (6.6 KB, 51 views)
(#4694)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCizzler
I'm curious how my log looks.
The runs seem pretty normal to me. Boost, timing, AFR in check. A few corrections but they are rolling down rather than up as the run continues.

Burger Motorsports

(#4695)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-15-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarmstr
Could you please check my 2 logs.

I am using MAP 6 and did a number of runs and made many adjustments to get to this, so I hope it looks good, especially the IGN timing

98 (RON)
Intercooler Resonator Delete
HKS 45 M-Series Spark plugs
MSD Ignition Coils
Takes a Stage 2 Air Intake

Thanks
I don't see any issues here, but when doing custom tuning you'll want to do longer runs with shifts. Often if a problem is going to crop up its post shift during a longer WOT run.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4696)
Old

Default 11-15-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
The runs seem pretty normal to me. Boost, timing, AFR in check. A few corrections but they are rolling down rather than up as the run continues.
Thanks a lot Terry, I really appreciate your time!
(#4697)
Old

Car: Kia Cerato GT 1.6 (AUS)
Default 11-15-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I don't see any issues here, but when doing custom tuning you'll want to do longer runs with shifts. Often if a problem is going to crop up its post shift during a longer WOT run.
Thanks Terry, To answer your question, I did do a longer run with shifts, the log was in the same post as the one you checked, its 0-65mph from 1st to start of 4th gear.

Can you please look at this one.

Thanks
(#4698)
Old

Default 11-15-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
I'm really trying to understand this timing/ignition stuff. All of the descriptions say you shouldn't see timing corrections of more than about 3.5 above 4.5k rpm. Your csv shows ign values up to 11.3 and Terry says it looks good? Just when I think I'm starting to understand what I'm looking at, something like this comes up and Terry says it looks good. And I'm lost again. lol
(#4699)
Old

Car: 2022 G70
Default 11-15-2021, 02:22 PM

Semi-off topic but if I were to order the JB4 bundle, how long would it take to ship? I'm leaving town Thanksgiving and do not want it sitting out front.
(#4700)
Old

Default 11-15-2021, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCizzler
I'm really trying to understand this timing/ignition stuff. All of the descriptions say you shouldn't see timing corrections of more than about 3.5 above 4.5k rpm. Your csv shows ign values up to 11.3 and Terry says it looks good? Just when I think I'm starting to understand what I'm looking at, something like this comes up and Terry says it looks good. And I'm lost again. lol

Looks like raw timing is being displayed that is why, turn FUA to 0 for timing corrections. Not sure base on his model if that is an option. The Stinger for instance allows both raw and corrections and can be changed in the FUA setting.

BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
DENSO 5346

Last edited by Jaybone; 11-15-2021 at 02:54 PM..