JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#11301)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-10-2018, 10:12 AM

Added T9 bringing back trans temp and consolidated the firmware descriptions, I had some of them listed under the wrong firmware version.

G5_ISO_32_12

1) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map4 (stock boost profile) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration. Boost safety won't trigger unless boost is at least 15psi.
2) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!
3) Changes to try to fix bug with some logging channels like IAT or oil temp dropping out.
4) Added back map8 for valet/no boost mode. Note if NOT equipped with a BEF you may get a "boost below target" false alarm fault code when running map8.
T9) Put back trans temperature logging

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11302)
Old

Car: E90 335i
Default 07-11-2018, 07:45 PM

YAAAAAAAS

2009 335i Msport stock turbos. Mods: jb4/mhd Race flash , bms intake, vrsf charge pipe, Rb pcv valve, AA *****ss *********, muffler delete, Bms meth kit.
Best 1/4 mile is 12.3 @113mph with 93Oct and meth add at 55 on map3 .
(#11303)
Old

Default 07-14-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Added T9 bringing back trans temp and consolidated the firmware descriptions, I had some of them listed under the wrong firmware version.

G5_ISO_32_12

1) Adjusted boost safety system so that boost safety for map4 (stock boost profile) change over is 3psi over map target OR 1psi before sensor runs out of range. Whichever is lower. The user adjustment boost safety setting is now used only for in dash boost gauge calibration. Boost safety won't trigger unless boost is at least 15psi.
2) Fixed another bug in the 2STEP logic. Seemed to be working much better on our development car. Let me know!
3) Changes to try to fix bug with some logging channels like IAT or oil temp dropping out.
4) Added back map8 for valet/no boost mode. Note if NOT equipped with a BEF you may get a "boost below target" false alarm fault code when running map8.
Wont this cause people running E85 BEF on Map 7 that targets 19.5 PSI to be thrown to map 4 who are running factory map sensors?
(#11304)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Maybe. Better than them running off the edge of the TMAP sensor, though. Upgrading to a 3.5bar is very easy.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11305)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e92
Default 07-18-2018, 10:55 PM

Hi!
I just bought used jb4 and updated new firmware and now the car works poorly. The old firmware was 27/13/2. When I was updating fw, I didn't know that this update wouldn't work in my jb4. Is that 27/13/2 firmware for jb4 G4 or jb4 G5?
Can someone send me the old firmware or can I restore the update or is there some another solution? I hope I could get jb4 work again or otherwise it was totally useless to buy that. Too bad I didn't know that it could be so old jb4 when I bought it that the new firmwares dont't work on it.
(#11306)
Old

Car: BMW 335i e92
Default 07-19-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco
Hi!
I just bought used jb4 and updated new firmware and now the car works poorly. The old firmware was 27/13/2. When I was updating fw, I didn't know that this update wouldn't work in my jb4. Is that 27/13/2 firmware for jb4 G4 or jb4 G5?
Can someone send me the old firmware or can I restore the update or is there some another solution? I hope I could get jb4 work again or otherwise it was totally useless to buy that. Too bad I didn't know that it could be so old jb4 when I bought it that the new firmwares dont't work on it.
Now Im confused. I took this photo of My jb4 and this looks like g5-Iso? Am I right?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143084.../shares/cV73p8
(#11307)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2018, 12:21 PM

//2 is G5.

Burger Motorsports

(#11308)
Old

Car: 135
Default 07-21-2018, 11:36 PM

terry Im bit confused .. is there a map 8 like before? Or is the new map 8 the valet/transport mode 4-7?

Quote:

G5_ISO_32_12

(#11309)
Old
Demigod

Car: 2008 E93
Default 07-22-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:

G5_ISO_32_12

Terry, as far as IAT and oil dropping out, I have a log that lost cyl 6 logging completely. Also have logs where HPFP drops from 14 to 7 then back to 14. Could this be a bug ? Lpfp stays steady as well as AFR so it doesnt seem like its a hardware issue. Also replaced my hpfp to latest version and still logs the same. Does it random also. Cant reproduce on demand.
(#11310)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2018, 03:53 PM

I'd have to see the log myself but no not likely to be a bug especially on fuel pressure which is an analog input.

Burger Motorsports

(#11311)
Old

Car: 09 N54
Default 07-23-2018, 02:09 AM

I have a throttle issue.

With stock flash (OEM PPK N54) the throttle is pretty sensitive. Boost is applied really early. I have the DME on IJE0S and am equipped with a DCT (no INA0S flash)

My JB4is on the latest firmware.

Playing with Menu 11 seemed to change the responsivness. I later found out that menu 10 and 12 were not in default settings (values not noted) and i put them to your recommendation.

DEFAULT SETTINGS:
Menu 10: 3000RPM
Menu 11: 1000RPM
Menu 12: 2800RPM

But now changing Menu 11 isnt changing anything. 0 or 5000 is the same?!

10% mechanical throttle seems to give me 50% boost. This is horrible on the track.
So i unplugged the white connector and flashed mhd stage 1+ with linear throttle. No change.
Back to Stock and again Stage 1+ with linear or without.

Nothing seems to be helping.

Any ideas why my throttle pedal is stuck in weird mode? I dont know what to do anymore.

Last edited by JohnDaviz; 07-23-2018 at 04:26 AM..
(#11312)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 07-23-2018, 06:32 PM

2 step is so much better thanks terry. Mine would bounce around the set rpm for a sec then go crazy much better now but I dont get flames anymore though which is probably a good thing anyway
(#11313)
Old

Car: 335i N54
Default 07-28-2018, 08:20 AM

I hope this may help, I did a menu 6/8 gauges sweep test with my M3 cluster metric version. It stops at 180 km/h when is set to menu 5/8. It works fine if set to menu 5/7

Black Sapphire E92 335i AT: VTT GC 2.0 - VTT inlets/outlet - VRSF 7'' FMIC - VRSF 3'' d p s - JB4 G5 w/ FSB - AEM meth - Fuel-It stage 2 LPFP - BMS DCI - Phoenix Racing CP - TIAL BOV - NGK 5992 - KW V3 - Dinan camber plates - Brembo 8 pot - Pagid RST3 - Mishimoto 25 row oil cooler - Quaife LSD - M3 rear bar - xHP stage 3
(#11314)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ace
2 step is so much better thanks terry. Mine would bounce around the set rpm for a sec then go crazy much better now but I dont get flames anymore though which is probably a good thing anyway
Check out the new anti-lag 2STEP integration if you really want to make some noise and break parts.

Burger Motorsports

(#11315)
Old

Default need you insight - 07-28-2018, 02:31 PM

I had some questions about the jb4 id like to talk about though dm if possible thank you
(#11316)
Old

Default 07-30-2018, 07:24 AM

Put my support request in the wrong forum by mistake. It's been moved from here and relocated to the correct forum.

Last edited by Tommy R; 08-02-2018 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Oops!
(#11317)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Default 08-02-2018, 03:28 PM

Uploaded firmware to T9 to test out. Logs come out blocky or just straight lines with 90 degree angle really funky looking. Also target boost hoost has dropped 2 psi. I was running T2 previously and would hit 18+psi all day every day. T9 barely gets me to 16psi hovers around 15.1 on a few logs I pulled . Something chamved forthe worst. I'm gonna test T6 n the lorning to see if its better but I'm not feeling the T9

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#11318)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-02-2018, 04:22 PM

Support requests go in the support forum, and for any tuning issue a JB4 log is required for us to help you.

Burger Motorsports

(#11319)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-03-2018, 10:05 AM

Anyone tried map8 on the latest firmware? It's a zero boost valet map. Want to verify its working properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#11320)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 08-03-2018, 10:14 AM

I tried for a while Terry , the car is literally 100whp , lol. No codes popped up yet , thanks this great future and please do not take it back , I want valets be shocked when they kicked the gas pedal all the way down !

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#11321)
Old

Car: 08 335i
Thumbs up 08-03-2018, 10:26 AM

Does the job when u dont want any one to enjoy the car fully

e92 MT 08
Single T
FBO
Dual 450 lpfp
BEF
MeTH!!!!!
E85 100/
(#11322)
Old
Legend

Car: BMW E90 335XI
Default 08-03-2018, 10:49 AM

Terry , can we make economy by running in map 8 ?

Bmw E90 2007 AT 335xi MSD80,Jb4 G5 ISO,
Full Bolt Ons, Ps2 turbos, TFT inlet system,xHP Stage 3

Do more with less !
(#11323)
Old

Default bef - 08-05-2018, 08:33 AM

how can i get a bef that will load on jb4 windows interface like hex file thank you
(#11324)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrandt32
how can i get a bef that will load on jb4 windows interface like hex file thank you
BEF maps and directions are posted here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29236

Burger Motorsports

(#11325)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-05-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebrailbakan
Terry , can we make economy by running in map 8 ?
Try it and let us know!

Burger Motorsports