JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#401)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 03-11-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchrgd
Just wanted to thank you again Steve for putting this together. I received my kit yesterday afternoon. Spent about an hour adding the new pump and was out driving again!

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#402)
Old

Car: E90
Default Pump - 03-11-2014, 10:15 PM

Option 2 coming but trying to understand if I need option 3
Definitely bogging with e50 at around 5k rpm with meth
How do I know if stock lfpp is going bad too?
Ty
(#403)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2014, 10:26 PM

????????

By option 2....did you order your stuff independently or under another username?

Unless I missed it...I don't see where you've ordered option 2 from me or anything for that matter.

As to your LPFP assembly, unless your LPFP pressures are dropping below 60psi or so while running gasoline or low concentrations of E85, I recommend starting with just an inline upgrade to run higher levels of E85. If you find you need to replace your LPFP assembly, it's easy enough to go back in there and do it and I'll send you out a new wiring harness with the LPFP assembly that is already pre-wired.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#404)
Old

Car: E90
Default 03-11-2014, 10:32 PM

Yeah my first order here

I'll PayPal now
Thanks for your advice
(#405)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2014, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sientrist
Yeah my first order here

I'll PayPal now
Thanks for your advice

Hahaha, I misunderstood...I thought you meant by "coming" you had already ordered it...phew...that's a relief!

Unfortunately I don't have a kit available for you at this time...they are all sold out at the moment. I will update this thread when I have replenished my stock.

Sorry

(#406)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-12-2014, 07:43 PM

just finished my install took about 1 hour.Getting the ring off was super easy! The only hard part was the getting the clip off without it breaking.I got it off no problem after 5 min of playing with it but broke when I accidentally stepped on it after setting it down. Glad I had an extra clip. Thanx for the kit it really made it an easy install.
(#407)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2014, 09:16 PM

Glad to hear it went well...

(#408)
Old

Car: F30 335i
Default 03-12-2014, 10:47 PM

Would your setup work on the f30?
I'm getting a fuel pressure below target code with an e50 mix and I'm hoping this will fix that problem.
(#409)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-12-2014, 11:12 PM

PM me the last 7 of your VIN and let me look in to it. If all looks good, when I have them back in stock you can purchase one...and if you have any issues...I'll pay return shipping.

Cool?

(#410)
Old

Default 03-13-2014, 07:04 AM

I remember taking a look (granted, without a VIN, so it may still be worth it) but the newer generation of N55 engine cars, like the F30 and many others, have very different part numbers for both the LPFP and HPFP (and they look quite different on the diagrams).

I looked because I thought theoretically they might be good upgrades for us, and was wondering whether they would be compatible. I decided not to experiment once I saw the HPFP was around 800 bucks!!
(#411)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2014, 11:48 AM

You are correct. I was aware the HPFP is different as it is a plunger style pump and may look in to testing/retro-fitting that to the N54 and earlier versions of the N55 in a while.

The LPFP is a lot different and I'll have to get my hands on one to see what can be done.

(#412)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 03-13-2014, 02:59 PM

Is the n54 a swash plate piston pump?

I AM BOB!
(#413)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-13-2014, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdudeman1988
Is the n54 a swash plate piston pump?
Yes...

(#414)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM

Dont those flow better anyhow..i know its speculation right now but what would the new style hpfp if it even fit have to offer..
looking at realoem..it looks to be similar how VAG does it of the cam..looks like it would never work anyhow?

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...96&hg=13&fg=15

I AM BOB!

Last edited by Bobdudeman1988; 03-13-2014 at 07:13 PM..
(#415)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2014, 12:50 AM

All orders have now been filled!

There is a limited stock and it is first come, first served.

Beyond those I am out of pretty much everything..even my printer needs ink ... orders have/are being placed for everything.

Check the first post for all updated information and current stock.

@Bob...I don't know for sure. I'll be looking in to it more as I do have some info..but it is still some what limited at this time. When the time comes...I'll start another thread for it.

Thanks all,
Steve

(#416)
Old
Sua Sponte

Car: 13 335is
Default 03-14-2014, 06:39 AM

Got my tracking #.

'13 LMB 335is DCT | MHD/BQ Tuning |
(#417)
Old

Car: 07 E92 335i
Default 03-14-2014, 07:16 AM

Checking in with some updates. I put 10 gallons of E85 in the tank mixed with 6 gallons of 93 octane for the first time since upgrading to this setup. I am running a PTF E45 map.

When I got home, I reset all adaptions in INPA. Since then, I have not had a single long crank out of about 20 starts and my 2AAF code hasn't popped up yet.

Prior to adding E85 to the tank, I ran 93 octane for a little over a week and was getting long cranks at cold start more times than not and the 2AAF code was there minutes after clearing it on my AP. Not sure if resetting adaptions was the key here or what but it's running great!
(#418)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 03-14-2014, 08:10 AM

Hey Steve can't wait for mine to get here :D will I get the tracking as a pm?
(#419)
Old

Default 03-14-2014, 09:11 AM

My PayPal shows a tracking number, maybe yours does too =)
(#420)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantoine56
Hey Steve can't wait for mine to get here :D will I get the tracking as a pm?
PM'd it to ya

@Jstang.....good to hear 2aaf errors will likely re-appear....but that is normal and is nothing to worry about.

(#421)
Old

Car: 2007 e90 335i
Default 03-14-2014, 11:29 AM

got the tracking thx steve
(#422)
Old

Car: 2008 e93
Default 03-14-2014, 01:08 PM

Steve,

I installed the assembled pump (I chose version three, replacement lpfp and bucket w/walbro 255 inline pump pre-assembled by SteveAZ) yesterday in about 2 hours taking my time and the installation went off without a hitch thanks to your excellent product, knowledge and service. The extra clip came in real handy because the really fragile factory clip broke and believe me when I tell you that I was being extra careful because I had read many times that it was pretty flimsy. Regardless, Steve includes an extra with the kit so it was no big deal. The cd with the detailed instructions and the pictures and the attention to detail that Steve put in to the assembly made the install a piece of cake. I love the idea of the zip tie to keep the pump on the side of the bucket and not loose in the tank. The whole assembly looks like a quality piece. The car started right up, after I primed it a few times.

I have to troubleshoot the 30FF (ugh) but I will post logs soon...

Cheers and thanks again Steve!
(#423)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-14-2014, 07:12 PM

You wasted no time in getting that done!

(#424)
Old

Car: 2014 135i
Default 03-15-2014, 02:28 AM

Paypal sent for option 1! Thanks for putting this together Steve.
(#425)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-15-2014, 03:34 AM

I did my install today and it went very smooth thanks to the effort and detail Steve went to in the blow by blow instructions. A big thanks Steve for sending me the wires I needed to Australia as I have had the pump for nearly 6 months and unable to find what I needed locally to fit it.

As mentioned there is a slight difference in the AU version with only a single vent line. This also means the PITA clip is not there so the uninstall took seconds literally. I also purchased the BMW tool to remove and reinstall the ring which made it soooo much easier, I attempted to get the ring off last weekend for 10 minutes with the socket and hammer and it didnt budge so bit the bullet and glad I did. I will want to get back in the tank soon to check on things so worth while.

If there is anyone in the community in Australia that wants to borrow it I can make it available for a small fee/shipping. Not exactly sure how it would work but PM me if interested and I will work out the details..

A couple of pics below and once again ... well done Steve
Attached Images

Last edited by NewHotness; 03-15-2014 at 03:58 AM..