N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 BMW 135i
Default Low Performance after adding JB4 & Backend Flash - 12-22-2020, 11:34 AM

New here to the forum. Just picked up an 09 135i 6MT from Michigan. The car has ******* DP's, intercooler, cone intake filters, charge pipe w/o blow off, and an MHD stage 2+ tune. I drove the car back 9hrs and it ran great without any codes. A week after I got the car I put on a JB4 w/ bluetooth and flashed the most updated backend PUMP tune. The first drive afterwards I put the JB4 in maps 1 and 2 and the car felt dramatically slower then previously. The car pulled really hard when I picked it up and after loading the backend flash the car feels like a dog. The clutch did start slipping slightly recently (only at peak torque) before I put the JB4 on the car and I've already ordered a new clutch/flywheel to install but something doesn't seem right. The car currently has no active codes and I did a quick look over the plumbing and haven't noticed any serious leaks. I logged a run today and have attached it so you guys can take a look and see if anything jumps out. Appreciate the help!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_201222_1143.csv (140.0 KB, 19 views)
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 12-23-2020, 10:11 AM

Hi,

Your pulls are too short to evaluate. Do a log from 2k to redline at WOT.

Also, your trims are bottoming out. Set FOL to 0, verify you loaded the correct BEF for the fuel you are running and set menu 4 to 2. Also set your FF to 60 and let it adapt for a few runs as you are running map 5 before uploading a new log.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-23-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hi,

Also, your trims are bottoming out. Set FOL to 0, verify you loaded the correct BEF for the fuel you are running and set menu 4 to 2. Also set your FF to 60 and let it adapt for a few runs as you are running map 5 before uploading a new log.
Ok I値l log another pull. I made all of those changes except the menu 4 to 2 which to my knowledge can only be done with the steering wheel controls...correct? I知 not aware of a way to adjust menu 4 in the JB4 mobile app settings.
(#4)
Old

Default 12-26-2020, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hi,

I confirmed I loaded the PUMP USA BEF and set menu 4 to 2 for bef. I made 3 logs and each time I did the pull the jb4 would bump from map 5 to 4.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M4_R3_201226_1350.csv (75.3 KB, 12 views)
(#5)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 12-26-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callis60
I confirmed I loaded the PUMP USA BEF and set menu 4 to 2 for bef. I made 3 logs and each time I did the pull the jb4 would bump from map 5 to 4.
Combined logs was the WORST idea to add to jb4 mobile.

Not blaming you, just the jb4 mobile guys
(#6)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 12-27-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BEAST

I agree with you.

Hated the new log that combines all! You get lost between runs, before u r able to delete logs and keep what needed ,

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#7)
Old

Default 12-27-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:

I realized that when I got back home and looked at the file. It is what it is I guess. I知 fairly new to the forums and I can imagine Steve and some of the other guys are always flooded with questions/issues. Do you recommend reaching out to any companies in particular for JB4 tuning issues? I figured maybe they壇 be a bit more responsive as I知 kinda at a stand still with the car right now.
(#8)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 12-27-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:

You can select individual runs, 1hr period or 24hr period. I use auto logging for every WOT and each WOT run is logged as an individual file with a time/date stamp

N54
FBO
E40
JB4
MHD
XHP
(#9)
Old
Legend

Car: 2008 E93
Default 12-27-2020, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callis60
I realized that when I got back home and looked at the file. It is what it is I guess. I知 fairly new to the forums and I can imagine Steve and some of the other guys are always flooded with questions/issues. Do you recommend reaching out to any companies in particular for JB4 tuning issues? I figured maybe they壇 be a bit more responsive as I知 kinda at a stand still with the car right now.
Disable combine logs and throw up a 3rd gear pull, tc off from 2500 to redline.