N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: ‘08 335i 67mm
Default N54 ST Log Review - 07-16-2020, 08:57 PM

Good evening! Trims are getting consistently pushed to 50. I've attached a 2nd and 3rd gear pull. I believe my AFRs are decent during load so I'm not sure why trims are getting to 50 and sitting. During the 3rd gear pull, it appears right when trims hit 50, Ign 1 drops to 0. Not sure what the relation is.

Another strange thing is that LPFP seems to sit around the same psi without much movement. I believe I'd see a small gain after 15 psi of boost considering the hobbs switch being used to control the second pump? Maybe the harness isn't working? Or is it normal for it to sit so steady?

Thanks in advance for any help or comments.

67mm On3
Stage 3 LPFP
93 Octane
NGK 95770 .020
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2nd gear 3.csv (3.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: csv 3rd gear 3.csv (5.8 KB, 25 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-17-2020, 05:29 AM

Can you get me a better 3rd gear log, I’d like to observe spool.

2k - redline, WOT, traction off

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-17-2020, 06:41 PM

Got a log after work. Held as long as I could without feeling bad. Sad lol. Anyway, weird how there's a drop in throttle randomly during the pull?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200717_2127.csv (13.6 KB, 23 views)
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-18-2020, 06:43 AM

Looks like it’s just really lazy on spool.

You can bump your DWP up 10

Hpfp looks okay, but the LPFP doesn’t look like it’s kicking on. May need to adjust your Hobbs switch down.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 07-18-2020, 08:47 AM

Alright. I'll adjust the Hobbs switch and DWP when I get home. So no issue with Ign 1 being at 0 for a little bit of time, and trims being pegged at 50 right as I'm peaking in boost and through the rest of the first 3rd gear log? I apologize but I'm a newbie at reading logs
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-18-2020, 08:18 PM

Forgot to add the FOL adjustment for you.

FOL 90, relog

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Default 07-19-2020, 11:21 AM

Adjusted DWP to 90 and FOL to 90. The car seemed to feel the same as it has been, not good lol

The power wire to my LPFP harness is connected to a terminal through the distribution box rather than the nut for the actual positive terminal. This should still work right? (Picture attached.) I have another Hobbs switch I have laying around that I could swap in to see if it changes LPFP pressure. Or could it be an issue with the Low Pressure Fuel sensor or FPR?

Probably should mention the codes that are present are for both rear O2s. From time to time, there will be a 2DED code. And almost every pull will result in JB4 flashing due to fuel trim variance.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv 200719_1341.csv (12.1 KB, 24 views)
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-20-2020, 07:21 AM

LPFP isn’t turning on, no way you should be dipping that low.

Which flash do you have on the car?

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 07-20-2020, 07:33 AM

It’s the flash for ST on Pump gas
(#10)
Old

Default 08-11-2020, 07:23 PM

Just now getting back to this thread as I've been loaded with work. I had some suspicion about the FPR as the LP was sitting where it was. Ordered a new OEM replacement, got it in, and the car definitely feels better and the LPFP pressure is reading where it should be. The car is running great... on 93 anyway. Mixed some e85 in the tank, in the e60 range. Flashed BEF for e85 and the car seems to be suffering the way it was before I replaced the FPR. Lots of hiccups, JB4 flashing at me a handful of times and the boost target reducing to 17psi mid pull. (Logs attached)
So eager to get this running right as my PI kit sits in the corner staring at me
Attached Files
File Type: csv 93.csv (7.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: csv e60.csv (5.4 KB, 11 views)
(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-13-2020, 04:45 AM

Too much e85, car can’t handle e5-60 on the stock hpfp

Need to either lower octane or install the Pi

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 09:22 PM

Installed PI kit with appropriate BEF. I've been running full e85 and the car has been pulling great. I still see trims hitting 50 occasionally but the car has been feeling good. Developed a misfire so I reckon the 95770s got tired of the e85 and extra boost quickly. Got a set of 97506s and gapped to .018" and the car idles and feels a lot better overall. However, the car is seeing very high AFRs. I don't believe it's related to the plugs but odd that this started happening after the plugs. HPFP and LPFP readings look good and the PI kit is flowing so I don't know what could be causing this issue. For more context, car has index 12s sealed, NTK o2 sensors installed with VTT o2 bungs (have only seen 7-10k miles), and stock feed line from the sender to the HPFP. Attached are logs in 2nd and 3rd gear. They're a little short, but wanted to get them as quickly as possible. The AFRs in the 2nd gear log get lean for a second and drop back down. 3rd gear log stays lean for a while before I let off. Maybe the O2s are on their way out? Thanks a bunch for the help thus far!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2ndgear.csv (4.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 3rdgear.csv (6.6 KB, 3 views)
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-11-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spardhunja
Installed PI kit with appropriate BEF. I've been running full e85 and the car has been pulling great. I still see trims hitting 50 occasionally but the car has been feeling good. Developed a misfire so I reckon the 95770s got tired of the e85 and extra boost quickly. Got a set of 97506s and gapped to .018" and the car idles and feels a lot better overall. However, the car is seeing very high AFRs. I don't believe it's related to the plugs but odd that this started happening after the plugs. HPFP and LPFP readings look good and the PI kit is flowing so I don't know what could be causing this issue. For more context, car has index 12s sealed, NTK o2 sensors installed with VTT o2 bungs (have only seen 7-10k miles), and stock feed line from the sender to the HPFP. Attached are logs in 2nd and 3rd gear. They're a little short, but wanted to get them as quickly as possible. The AFRs in the 2nd gear log get lean for a second and drop back down. 3rd gear log stays lean for a while before I let off. Maybe the O2s are on their way out? Thanks a bunch for the help thus far!
Your trims are maxing @ 50 pretty much the entire pull...

Try upping your PI to 70 across the board, and see if the trims fall closer to the 20's or 30s at least.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 09-11-2020, 10:56 PM

When plugs were swapped, I also updated the firmware. Just reset adaptations and no longer having the AFR issue. Oops. I’ll adjust PI settings if still needed and will get a full log, thanks!
(#15)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-12-2020, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spardhunja
When plugs were swapped, I also updated the firmware. Just reset adaptations and no longer having the AFR issue. Oops. I’ll adjust PI settings if still needed and will get a full log, thanks!
Sounds good to me.

Keep me posted. I'll be online all afternoon tomorrow so we can get a few revisions in

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 09-13-2020, 10:12 AM

Just got a couple logs! 3rd gear log felt decent, car acted up at around 5500-5700. I can't really tell much besides everything dropping a bit including the boost target. Flashed due to fuel trim variance. Attempted a 2nd to 3rd but the roads being a little damp gave me an issue. I'll grab another one a bit later when the roads dry up. Car seems to pull decently but as odd as it may sound, I don't believe it's making the power it should be
Attached Files
File Type: csv 3rdgear913.csv (8.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: csv 23.csv (8.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Spardhunja; 09-13-2020 at 11:53 AM..
(#17)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-15-2020, 09:56 AM

Bump your fuel bias up top.

5.5k- redline set fuel bias to 80

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 09-16-2020, 07:49 PM

Made adjustment. Log shows AFRs getting pretty scary for a little and the car felt like it was doing nothing at that point in the log too
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200916_2239.csv (6.4 KB, 3 views)
(#19)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-16-2020, 10:24 PM

Something still looks off..

Almost as if the PI isn’t turning on now

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default Yesterday, 06:06 PM

Yeah it appears that way with the HPFP dipping. Wouldn't it show in the mapping of fuel enrichment? Also, it isn't doing that every pull. I went and grabbed another log real quick and as you can see, no strange dips and trims and AFRs staying in range
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200918_2059.csv (5.3 KB, 0 views)