Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2
Im still getting the 0299 error.

Both logs were map 6. Try map 1
(#302)
Old

Car: Giulia Ti
Default 07-15-2020, 09:55 AM

Can anyone from bms do a quick analysis on my runs posted on the last page and answer questions?
(#303)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2020, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4rkus34
Terry, I think the box was just super hot after installing it during afternoon sun. I went for a few runs and it was not as hot. Still would like to know if you can switch maps while parked/idle. Also, same question as above, I want to be using map2 in beta v5 and not map3 correct? I thought you revised it or something because of the errors but maybe that was corrected with beta v5. Here are my files, 93oct, 83degF, map 0 & 2 (no errors so far):
Switch maps whenever you'd like, even mid race.

Map3 is a more aggressive map than map2. If map2 is running well you can always try it!

Map2 log seems OK to me.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#304)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakthecycle2
Im still getting the 0299 error.
At what timestamp/condition in the log is it coming up?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#305)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Guilia
Default 07-15-2020, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
At what timestamp/condition in the log is it coming up?
If Im reading this right. 515
(#306)
Old

Default 07-15-2020, 06:19 PM

Quote:

Map3 is a more aggressive map than map2. If map2 is running well you can always try it!

Map2 log seems OK to me.
Thanks! Liking it so far. Another dumb question but I don't have to stay connected to the jb4 with my phone for it to continue to work with a map right? Also, is there a way to use the app without gps permissions? It seems like it forces it on for it to work for me.

The revised map2 was intended to work for people with the w05 recall correct? And map3 is just the old version of it?

Last edited by m4rkus34; 07-15-2020 at 06:30 PM..
(#307)
Old

Default 07-18-2020, 10:18 AM

Terry, I really need help diagnosing whatever issues Im having. Im still getting 0299 codes on Map's 1, 2, 3 and 6 and primarily when its hot outside or when the car is hot.
(#308)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-18-2020, 01:29 PM

If you need individual tech support you'll want to email in the details as I'm not able to check the forums daily. terry@burgertuning.com But if you're getting under boost faults on every map then there is likely some deficiency with the car itself leaking boost or not generating as much as other cars are able to. Send in a log of the fault coming up on map1.

Burger Motorsports

(#309)
Old

Default 07-18-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
If you need individual tech support you'll want to email in the details as I'm not able to check the forums daily. terry@burgertuning.com But if you're getting under boost faults on every map then there is likely some deficiency with the car itself leaking boost or not generating as much as other cars are able to. Send in a log of the fault coming up on map1.
Sent
(#310)
Old

Car: 2018 giulia Ti Sport
Default 07-21-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:

Map2 log seems OK to me.
You say Map 3 is more aggressive than Map 2...how much more aggressive is it?
So far map 2 has been working great, Iíd like to try 3.
(#311)
Old

Default 07-21-2020, 04:12 PM

I have a '17 with w05 recall and I've been running map3 for a few days no problems. It seemed to add a couple more psi of boost at the top over map2. I'll try to post a reading soon.
(#312)
Old

Car: 15' 320i ZSP
Default 07-21-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
I have a '17 with w05 recall and I've been running map3 for a few days no problems. It seemed to add a couple more psi of boost at the top over map2. I'll try to post a reading soon.
Try doing some WOT runs. Say 0-80mph with constant full throttle.
Most of us got a cel doing it.

Last edited by JB4U; 07-21-2020 at 09:50 PM..
(#313)
Old

Default 07-21-2020, 08:57 PM

Yeah I actually did get a CEL with it, guess I hadn't gone full wot before. I wasn't able to pull the code for some reason though. Hopefully Terry can get around to correcting it sometime?
(#314)
Old

Car: 15' 320i ZSP
Default 07-21-2020, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah I actually did get a CEL with it, guess I hadn't gone full wot before. I wasn't able to pull the code for some reason though. Hopefully Terry can get around to correcting it sometime?
Use map 2 then.
(#315)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-22-2020, 10:56 AM

With the JB4 we try to make as much safe power as the factory flash maps will allow us to make. In terms of getting around the under boost fault for higher targets up top we may be able to do that down the road by adding in an additional wastegate connection to the harness. But it's not something we've looked at yet.

Burger Motorsports

(#316)
Old

Default 07-30-2020, 06:54 PM

I’ve been running Map 3 for a couple weeks now. Just tonight I floored it on an on-ramp going onto the highway. It threw a CEL, went into limp mode and gave some warning about the throttle body.

Back to Map 2 I guess.

Last edited by Giulia101; 07-30-2020 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: Grammar
(#317)
Old

Default 08-19-2020, 01:01 PM

I was running the v5 map 2 with no issues but in 95 degree heat i did a lane pass to 120mph and ... limp mode. Darn. Not really safe so in back in map 1.

If anyone can get a car to terry it would be GREAT if we could test a wastegate harness to get direct control on boost and eliminate these underboost issues.

Mike
(#318)
Old

Default 09-12-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I was running the v5 map 2 with no issues but in 95 degree heat i did a lane pass to 120mph and ... limp mode. Darn. Not really safe so in back in map 1.

If anyone can get a car to terry it would be GREAT if we could test a wastegate harness to get direct control on boost and eliminate these underboost issues.

Mike
I had the throttle control CEL today on map2 as well. It was a wot but first time for that to happen on map2. Cloudy humid day in the 80s, no log though.
(#319)
Old

Default 09-12-2020, 06:12 PM

I don’t know if it’s considered a “fix” or not, but ever since I installed the Go Fast Bits diverter valve, I haven’t had any CELs since (knock on wood) Even put it back to Map 3.
(#320)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulia101
I donít know if itís considered a ďfixĒ or not, but ever since I installed the Go Fast Bits diverter valve, I havenít had any CELs since (knock on wood) Even put it back to Map 3.
Interesting data point!

Burger Motorsports

(#321)
Old

Car: Alfa Romeo Giulia
Default Yesterday, 09:48 AM

Yesterday I did a hard pull on v5 Map 2, car felt strong, I felt the gear changes where a little bit jerky, and when reached the 90 mph the car threw a warning: "Service Electronic Throttle Control" and the auto start/stop came unavailable, but NO CEL/MIL. After 2 seconds from the warning car went into limb mode. I always carry my OBDII scanner and the code it had was P0244 "Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A-Range/Performance". After deleting the code, car came out of limb mode and switched to v5 Map 1. I will include the log
Attached Files
File Type: csv P29_M2_R1_200917_231056.csv (11.5 KB, 4 views)
(#322)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuPR42
Yesterday I did a hard pull on v5 Map 2, car felt strong, I felt the gear changes where a little bit jerky, and when reached the 90 mph the car threw a warning: "Service Electronic Throttle Control" and the auto start/stop came unavailable, but NO CEL/MIL. After 2 seconds from the warning car went into limb mode. I always carry my OBDII scanner and the code it had was P0244 "Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A-Range/Performance". After deleting the code, car came out of limb mode and switched to v5 Map 1. I will include the log
No obvious issue in low, might be typical under boost fault we've seen on higher maps in this thread.

Burger Motorsports