N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3701)
Old

Car: 2015 M235i 6MT
Default 08-03-2019, 12:06 AM

It's been almost a month since Terry chimed-in here. Anyone know what's going on over at BMS?
(#3702)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 08-05-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipper
It's been almost a month since Terry chimed-in here. Anyone know what's going on over at BMS?
Before BMS branched out to 10 other vehicle platforms, Terry actually gave a **** about customer service and answering questions/helping people. I backed and ran BMS products since the original Juice Box back in the day. His customer service was seriously second to none.

That being said, I have recently removed my JB4 and will no longer run any of the BMS products. If I can't get support for a product, it's useless in my opinion......

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#3703)
Old

Car: 2016 435ix GC
Default 08-05-2019, 07:55 AM

My frustration with the product is that its not all that stable. I have a JB4 and get "Tuner codes" daily at every start. They are dumb codes like Mass Air flow plausibility or Mixture too rich...etc. The only answer I am getting to solve these issues is I need MHD Back End Flash stuff which costs me more money. $479 for JB 4, $279 for MHD, $$$ D-Kan Cable, $$ BMS EWSG Cable. Also why sell a cable (BMS EWG bypass) if it is a known trouble maker, when it produced Fault codes like wastegate failure or missing codes. Doesnt make sense.

This information should have been disclosed at Jb4 purchase that, hey you may need all this other stuff to have a stable system. I know most of those codes are "Tuner" codes but who wants to see a check engine light on their 60K car at every drive. They are supporting me on questions just takes a day or so and I am fine with that,. I just want this information up front so I know my total cost to own, manage and use my JB4 without incident.

Its just feels like an unfinished product and that's my real frustration

JL Bimmer
2016 435ix Gran Coupe
HRP Cold Air Intake, Charge Pipe, Turbo Up Pipe, Turbo Intake Pipe, BMS Intercooler, Axle Back Exhaust, JB4
H&R Springs, Sways, Strut Tower bar, 19"x10 Rotiforms, Too much carbon goodness
(#3704)
Old

Car: 335Ci
Default 08-08-2019, 12:20 AM

Boys and how about visiting support threads?
Support Log Review - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3705)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2019, 07:04 PM

I try to get in there a few times per week but if we miss one you can always email us!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3706)
Old

Car: f30 335
Default just a review please - 09-12-2019, 01:23 PM

2019-09-11 19_57_58_Map-2.csv

can someone check these and offer more advise then "go back to map 1"
(#3707)
Old

Car: 2014 335i m-sport
Default 09-12-2019, 09:18 PM

@Terry not sure if anyone mentioned this, but with newest firmware the gauges do not actively show proper menu settings when toggling through the main menu's and then throws itself out of the menu by itself after a minute or so.

F30 335i | ER Chargepipe | ER Down-Pipe | Wagner Intercooler | BMS Intake | Meisterschaft Exhaust | MHD BEF JB4 Map 3 / 30% e85 / 50:50 Meth
(#3708)
Old

Car: m135i
Default 09-18-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins
@Terry not sure if anyone mentioned this, but with newest firmware the gauges do not actively show proper menu settings when toggling through the main menu's and then throws itself out of the menu by itself after a minute or so.
Yep i'm seeing this on JB4_F_EWG_17_T2 . Chucks you out after about 15 seconds. When re entering the menu again the taco points to map 1 / 1000 ( what i'm on) .. but so does every subsequent menu until you cycle through the individual options so theres no real way of knowing whats selected unless you cycle through options and save it there and then. Going back through the menus and all options will revert to '1000'.
(#3709)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-18-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauzins
Sounds like a bug we need to work on. Drop me an email if you have it and we'll work on it! terry@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3710)
Old

Car: F10 535i
Default 09-23-2019, 01:19 PM

Hi

Please could someone share some experience here:
Is the partial throttle lag/no boost 100% fixed with INT version?
Could I get over of this partial throttle lag/no boost feeling when upgrading to INT fw?
What are the downsides of going form ISO to INT? Some ex-PWG N55 ISO owner could share some feelings?

2011 F10 535i M-Sport PWG // Deep sea blue //
//JB4 ISO 10 T13 + BMS BEF PWG1_RACE_3 // M Performance mufflers// 3,5" cless dowpipe
(#3711)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2019, 08:45 AM

For EWG cars made a change to the menu system to attempt to fix a bug in v17. If someone has the problem load this and let me know if its working better.
Attached Files
File Type: hex JB4_F_EWG_17_T10.hex (83.5 KB, 12 views)

Burger Motorsports