N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3426)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundfx007
This is setting 0. Boost looks high to me...what do you think? I know setting 2 gets up around 22psi. Im using 93 pump gas. Thanks for your help.
Me too. What elevation, mods?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3427)
Old

Car: M3
Default 07-28-2020, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You must have enabled the in dash map switching on WMI page, refer to link in first post to disable it or set it up as you want.
Terry, is there a reason why when I switch maps none of the parameters change and it boosts 10 psi for 2 seconds and that's it.
(#3428)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2020, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP_B///M3
Terry, is there a reason why when I switch maps none of the parameters change and it boosts 10 psi for 2 seconds and that's it.
If you need tuning help post a JB4 log.

If you need help with map switching then let's see a screen shot of your WMI page first to confirm what settings are set.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3429)
Old

Default 07-28-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
If you need tuning help post a JB4 log.

If you need help with map switching then let's see a screen shot of your WMI page first to confirm what settings are set.
Name:  VelosterNJB4WMI.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  72.4 KB
(#3430)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-28-2020, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelli134
The Firmware v18 the Same Problem.
CanĎt Switch Maps!
Everytime Map1!
At Firmware v15 no Problem.
Follow directions for setup of in dash gauges: N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion - View Single Post - Kia Hyundai JB4

Burger Motorsports

(#3431)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 06:01 AM

Quote:
So when customer uses wipers while driving, the Map goes to 0? Or is map switching just disabled?
(#3432)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
I changed settings and have this message.

Name:  WMI.JB4.2.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  125.8 KB
(#3433)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 09:15 AM

For those interested in a Tork flame war and learning a little about control systems some good info here: How wideband fuel control works - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#3434)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
I changed settings and have this message.
You're using the older windows interface which doesn't recognize 2 as a valid option. So use setting 1. You can try updating the interface to see if that helps also. I can't see the version in your screen shot.

Burger Motorsports

(#3435)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
So when customer uses wipers while driving, the Map goes to 0? Or is map switching just disabled?
Neither on setting 1, goes to map0 on setting 2.

Burger Motorsports

(#3436)
Old

Car: Stinger gt 3.3T
Default 07-29-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Okay i Check this.
I have Test in on the Computer (Pc) and canĎt Switch the Maps too.
When i make the Settings from your Screenshot Works the map Switch in the App ?
or just over the lever?
(#3437)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2020, 10:10 AM

Change enabled to 0 then to disable in dash map switching all together, since you clearly have no interest in that feature.

Burger Motorsports

(#3438)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Change enabled to 0 then to disable in dash map switching all together, since you clearly have no interest in that feature.
Thank you very much.
I Test it
(#3439)
Old

Car: RS400
Default Map 7 power MIA - 07-29-2020, 12:17 PM

Looks like Map 7 isnít acting as expected today. One log is from today and the car is pulling like itís stock. The other is from a couple days ago. Thoughts on why itís reducing power?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M2_R1_200718_202745.csv (10.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: csv P21_M0_R1_200729_150808.csv (8.8 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by N20_to_VR30; 07-29-2020 at 12:19 PM.. Reason: Files didnít upload
(#3440)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 07-29-2020, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20_to_VR30
Looks like Map 7 isn’t acting as expected today. One log is from today and the car is pulling like it’s stock. The other is from a couple days ago. Thoughts on why it’s reducing power?
Do you happen to have meth safety set to 1?

Edit: just looking at the filenames both logs are in Map2 and Map0.
(#3441)
Old

Default 07-29-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Looks like Map 7 isnít acting as expected today. One log is from today and the car is pulling like itís stock. The other is from a couple days ago. Thoughts on why itís reducing power?
Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
Do you happen to have meth safety set to 1?

Edit: just looking at the filenames both logs are in Map2 and Map0.
Sorry. Let me try that again!
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_200729_150644.csv (11.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_200727_000929.csv (27.6 KB, 8 views)
(#3442)
Old

Default 07-30-2020, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Hello i have Made this.
Map Switch via App works.
Map Switch via wipers only map 1 and map 8
does the engine have to be started?
or is it enough to have the ignition on for testing
(#3443)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
You're in a low boost mode/limp mode it looks like, maybe triggered an over boost fault? Restart car and see if boost comes back up to normal.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#3444)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-30-2020, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boelli134
Hello i have Made this.
Map Switch via App works.
Map Switch via wipers only map 1 and map 8
does the engine have to be started?
or is it enough to have the ignition on for testing
You can change maps whenever you want, engine running or not.

Burger Motorsports

(#3445)
Old

Default 07-30-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
You're in a low boost mode/limp mode it looks like, maybe triggered an over boost fault? Restart car and see if boost comes back up to normal.
Thanks! It fixed the issue after I restarted. Do you know what could trigger this? The code reader gave a p2563 but no MIL.

Last edited by N20_to_VR30; 07-30-2020 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: Clarification
(#3446)
Old

Car: hyundai elantra sport 1.6T
Default 07-31-2020, 05:04 AM

hey terry! i did a search but couldn't find a true answer, im just wondering about spark plugs, i order the JB4 for my elantra sport (1.6t) yesterday but im still waiting for my m45xl plugs (been 2 weeks) and im wondering if the JB4 gets here before them can i just regap the stock plugs and just run map 1? thanks !!
(#3447)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-31-2020, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldls15
hey terry! i did a search but couldn't find a true answer, im just wondering about spark plugs, i order the JB4 for my elantra sport (1.6t) yesterday but im still waiting for my m45xl plugs (been 2 weeks) and im wondering if the JB4 gets here before them can i just regap the stock plugs and just run map 1? thanks !!
Yes just gap down the factory plugs in the short term.

Burger Motorsports

(#3448)
Old

Default 07-31-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yes just gap down the factory plugs in the short term.
thanks terry! unit will be here Wednesday and no sign of the plugs so just wanted to know if i could still use it or not haha, super excited, thanks again for the info!!
(#3449)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-01-2020, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonaldls15
thanks terry! unit will be here Wednesday and no sign of the plugs so just wanted to know if i could still use it or not haha, super excited, thanks again for the info!!
I've been running my factory plugs gapped down to. 024" for almost 35,000 miles now on my 3.3L Stinger with no issues. I flip between all maps as well.

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
20 year Kia salesperson

2018 Stinger GT AWD Sunset Yellow
30k miles
-JB4 w/bluetooth
-Burger Tuning pedal tuner
-Factory NGK plugs gapped @ .024
-Tork shorty intake
-ADD1 3.3v oil catch can
-Removed factory mufflers
-Firestone Indy Firehawk 500's
(#3450)
Old

Default 08-01-2020, 08:37 PM

Well it's good to know you've gotten so many miles out of that setup (different motor I know though) , makes me
li'l more comfortable regaping my stock plugs till mine arrive. Thanks for the input!!