N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: G70
Default 04-15-2021, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicymami96
So here are the logs as requested. I did a couple of different ones on maps 4 and 5 with the standard settings as suggested in the first post and then adjusted the fuel bias to 60. Let me know what you guys think.
Can you screen shot your app settings? User adjustment page and WMI page.
(#52)
Old

Car: 2021 kia stinger gt
Default 04-15-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avant
Can you screen shot your app settings? User adjustment page and WMI page.
sorry if the pictures are blurry

IMG-4931.zip

IMG-4932.zip
(#53)
Old

Default 04-15-2021, 07:35 PM

Quote:
sorry if the pictures are blurry

Attachment 101457

Attachment 101458
Under WMI page:
Turn BIT7 on Currently its off.
Turn BIT5 off. Currently its on
Set Boost additive to 75
Set Signal scaling to 98
Se Min flow boost to 9.9
(#54)
Old

Default 04-18-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Under WMI page:
Turn BIT7 on Currently its off.
Turn BIT5 off. Currently its on
Set Boost additive to 75
Set Signal scaling to 98
Se Min flow boost to 9.9
So I did those suggestions and lowered to e45 and Iím now getting a code for too lean for bank 2. Should I try lowering it to e40 and seeing how it does. My car was running completely fine on e30 with and without the CPI
(#55)
Old

Default 04-20-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
So I did those suggestions and lowered to e45 and Iím now getting a code for too lean for bank 2. Should I try lowering it to e40 and seeing how it does. My car was running completely fine on e30 with and without the CPI
email a log to terry. my guess is you need to adjust fuel bias. when you do a log, make sure its from low RPM all the way to redline.
(#56)
Old

Default 04-20-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
email a log to terry. my guess is you need to adjust fuel bias. when you do a log, make sure its from low RPM all the way to redline.
Thank you, will do. I ended up lowering to e40 and the light hasnít come on yet 🤞🏾🤞🏾
(#57)
Old

Default 04-20-2021, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Thank you, will do. I ended up lowering to e40 and the light hasnít come on yet 🤞🏾🤞🏾
Sweet go do a log and lets look at it. Start low rpm 3rd gear and floor it until redline of 4th gear.

Also, you can change your settings for logging. I put mine at 90% throttle with 3 seconds. That way you don't have a ton of data in your log thats useless.
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 04-20-2021, 10:35 AM

If the ethanol percentage is too high, you will get a code for lean condition during idle and cruise when CPI isn't running and trims are maxed out. Best to leave it at E40 or so.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#59)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-20-2021, 07:33 PM

Quote:
So here are the logs as requested. I did a couple of different ones on maps 4 and 5 with the standard settings as suggested in the first post and then adjusted the fuel bias to 60. Let me know what you guys think.
App needs to be set to combine all logs in one file, and they need to be 100% throttle 40-90mph minimum (on a safe private track of course!) to be useful for evaluation.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#60)
Old

Default 04-20-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
If the ethanol percentage is too high, you will get a code for lean condition during idle and cruise when CPI isn't running and trims are maxed out. Best to leave it at E40 or so.
Thanks for the feedback! I bumped down to E40 and I havenít gotten a code yet so Iím assuming that was the issue, too much ethanol.
(#61)
Old

Default 04-21-2021, 08:04 AM

Make sure to post some logs as Terry suggested so he can give you more info on what to change.
(#62)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-21-2021, 08:19 PM

I'm working on CPI stuff right now so if you're running CPI be sure to email me the logs so I can send you the latest stuff.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#63)
Old
Merchant of Faith

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GTS
Default EWG Connectors - 04-27-2021, 08:24 AM

How well does this et up with the CPI work with the EWG Connectors? I would imagine that the car should feel like a monster with that connected up as well.
(#64)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-27-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpire5
How well does this et up with the CPI work with the EWG Connectors? I would imagine that the car should feel like a monster with that connected up as well.
As long as you have plenty of fuel on tap via WMI or CPI, EWG becomes even more useful for pushing more boost.

Burger Motorsports

(#65)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD
Default 05-18-2021, 08:05 AM

I want to get this kit and use the bms intercooler but its not available/back ordered
(#66)
Old

Default 05-18-2021, 10:34 AM

For those that don't have E85 close to home, I bought 5 gallon jugs and fill them up when I go to the gas station. That way I always have it ready to go at home

My stations aren't super far. Closest one is 10 miles away, but I get lazy and don't want to drive there to get it sometimes.

Last edited by Avant; 05-18-2021 at 10:14 PM..
(#67)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2021, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybone
I want to get this kit and use the bms intercooler but its not available/back ordered
You can always drill/tap the factory chargepipe for the CPI nozzle. 1/8" NPT.

Burger Motorsports

(#68)
Old

Default 05-18-2021, 08:11 PM

Do you guys know when you might have those intercoolers back in stock? I would really like to get one.

Last edited by Jaybone; 05-19-2021 at 07:11 AM..
(#69)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default Pump Gas (93) and CPI? - 06-20-2021, 01:30 PM

Haven't seen much on the topic of the effects of the CPI on 93 pump, just curious as to what type of gains you would see running strictly 93 through the system? Not sure about hopping on the E85 train, would like to keep it as simple as possible with just straight 93, but not sure if the power gains would be worth the trouble for just pump gas. Thanks
(#70)
Old

Default 06-20-2021, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhughes31
Haven't seen much on the topic of the effects of the CPI on 93 pump, just curious as to what type of gains you would see running strictly 93 through the system? Not sure about hopping on the E85 train, would like to keep it as simple as possible with just straight 93, but not sure if the power gains would be worth the trouble for just pump gas. Thanks

Hop aboard the E85 train it makes a big difference!! It will help but with the E85 it will make a large difference
(#71)
Old

Car: 20' G70 3.3T
Default 06-22-2021, 02:54 AM

On a 3.3t Genesis - When installing the CPI kit, is it recommended to upgrade stock intercooler as well?
(#72)
Old

Default 06-22-2021, 05:21 AM

[QUOTE=KillerBeeAirsoft;689386]On a 3.3t Genesis - When installing the CPI kit, is it recommended to upgrade stock intercooler as well?[/QUOTE

No not required

2020 Stinger GT1 AWD CERAMIC SILVER W/RED INTERIOR
JB4 W/FUEL WIRES & EWG WIRES
BMS INTAKES
BMS WMI KIT
BMS OCC
FUEL IT FLEX FUEL KIT
BORLA EXHAUST
STOPTECH FRONT AND REAR PADS
DENSO 5346
SEIBON CARBON FIBER OEM HOOD
NICHE 20" WHEELS MATTE BRONZE
LLUMAR STRATOS CERAMIC WINDOW TINT
STEK DYNOSHIELD FULL FRONT CLEAR BRA
ROAR CERAMIC/GRAPHENE/POLYSILAZANE COATING
OEM PUDDLE LIGHTS INSTALLED AFTERMARKET
OEM FRONT AND REAR SPLASH GUARDS
DRONE MOBILE REMOTE START
(#73)
Old
Merchant of Faith

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GTS
Default CPI Injector upgrade - 07-09-2021, 11:17 AM

Is it possible to upgrade the 950CC injector to another injector with more output?
(#74)
Old

Car: 2019 Kia Stinger GT
Default 08-01-2021, 05:36 AM

Hello,
I have the CPI kit fully installed. I have the white wire in position four. I have not updated to firmware V23. There is no version 23. I'm stuck on V22. There is a beta V24 but now it says can't download, network issue. Bit0 only says flex fuel input 2/3. No 4... What do I do?
(#75)
Old

Car: 20' G70 3.3T
Default 08-01-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgtbaummer
Hello,
I have the CPI kit fully installed. I have the white wire in position four. I have not updated to firmware V23. There is no version 23. I'm stuck on V22. There is a beta V24 but now it says can't download, network issue. Bit0 only says flex fuel input 2/3. No 4... What do I do?

Do the beta V24. Thatís what terry had me do. Working well. My white is in pin 4 also. Have you tried downloading connected to wifi? I havent seen newtork issue before.