N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2776)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-17-2019, 05:32 PM

Looks like a loose connection on a fuel control wire to me.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2777)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT
Default 11-17-2019, 06:05 PM

Thanks Terry, I'll check it out.
(#2778)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 11-21-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Our PNP Stinger fuel adapters are finally in stock!

https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...-wire-adapters
I just got mine in but one harness was damaged in shipment. Question on the install- do we just plug and play or do we need to tap the red wire on the adapter with the fuel wire from the JB4?
(#2779)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-21-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20_to_VR30
I just got mine in but one harness was damaged in shipment. Question on the install- do we just plug and play or do we need to tap the red wire on the adapter with the fuel wire from the JB4?
Correct, you add those extensions and use the positap from the fuel wires off the JB4 harness.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2780)
Old

Default 11-21-2019, 07:02 PM

Thank you!
(#2781)
Old

Car: Genesis G80 Sport
Default 11-23-2019, 07:26 PM

I hooked up my JB4 unit back again, fuel wires, updated with latest firmware v11_3 and I noticed this weird read out in lower-left gauge. This is a default setup, I didn't customize gauges. I'm pretty sure I never seen this before.
Everything is connected correctly, car runs smooth, though.

Is this something new that came with an update?
Attached Images

(#2782)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 11-23-2019, 08:09 PM

What is O/U target?
(#2783)
Old

Default 11-23-2019, 08:24 PM

Guessing it’s over/under targeted boost level?
(#2784)
Old

Car: Genesis G80 Sport
Default 11-24-2019, 09:44 AM

I changed that to IAT. I'm still wondering, if I switched that accidentally, though, lol
(#2785)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2019, 01:02 PM

That gauge doesn't apply to this platform, not sure what we have programmed under it.

Burger Motorsports

(#2786)
Old

Car: Genesis g70
Default 11-24-2019, 07:48 PM

I’m having the same issue with fuel trim variance when running fuel wires. What is the beat gauge posi tap to use to ensure a solid connection?
(#2787)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortex3.3
Iím having the same issue with fuel trim variance when running fuel wires. What is the beat gauge posi tap to use to ensure a solid connection?
The ones we provide work well, 20 gauge.

Burger Motorsports

(#2788)
Old

Car: 2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.0t
Default New Sonata 2.0t owner - 11-29-2019, 07:27 PM

Just a few questions about the JB4 for a 2015 Sonata 2.0t

What components would be prone to failure with the increased boost and power? Can a Sonata handle it? Or is this more for the Genesis Coupe 2.0t?

OBDII harness is plugged in under the dash, and routed into the engine bay, then plugs into the JB4 wire harness. Where have people mounted the JB4? and the OBDII cable is routed thru a grommet in the firewall?

The stock plugs re-gapped to .024-.026 will still experience spark blowout?

What is the stock boost on the 2.0t motor? (I know, such a noob....), I've only had NA vehicles up until this.

Thanks
(#2789)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-29-2019, 10:14 PM

Short answer is we don't know where the weaknesses are in that platform. So start conservatively like map1, which is only 4psi down low, 2psi up top, and evaluate it. Stock plugs gapped to 0.024" should be fine.

You can log map0 first to compare your factory boost levels.

Burger Motorsports

(#2790)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-03-2019, 10:19 AM

Got my WMI kit installed and wanted to see if you would check this log please.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-02 18_52_53_Map-8.csv (8.3 KB, 6 views)
(#2791)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerstyle
Got my WMI kit installed and wanted to see if you would check this log please.
Short run but seems OK. Update to v11 firmware so we see timing in all 6 cylinders next.

Burger Motorsports

(#2792)
Old

Car: GenesisG70
Default 12-03-2019, 02:33 PM

HI .sorry if this is in the wrong spot haven't posted much. I own a G70 Genesis 3.3.Not a lot of guys tuning the g70 as much as the stinger. mechanicaly the same engine. Installed Jb4 with fuel wires ..BMS Iintakes .changed to the recomended Denzo Spark plugs.Gaped at 24. In my geneses g70 , stock plugs were gapped to 34 just like the stinger.anyway map 2 is the highest I can go .Runs great .4.2 to 60 (mph) 1/4 in 12.5 . Map 3 breaks up at WOT and high RPM .I used a E30 mix .with map 3 ,because its recomended .do you think I could still have spark blow out at high boost with this gap at 24 I did log this run with the break up.on map 3 .But not sure what to look for.I will try to attach it here ..if I do t atach it .Its because I havnt figured iut how
(#2793)
Old

Car: GenesisG70
Default 12-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Could not attach it .sent the file to burger motor sports.
(#2794)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisG70
HI .sorry if this is in the wrong spot haven't posted much. I own a G70 Genesis 3.3.Not a lot of guys tuning the g70 as much as the stinger. mechanicaly the same engine. Installed Jb4 with fuel wires ..BMS Iintakes .changed to the recomended Denzo Spark plugs.Gaped at 24. In my geneses g70 , stock plugs were gapped to 34 just like the stinger.anyway map 2 is the highest I can go .Runs great .4.2 to 60 (mph) 1/4 in 12.5 . Map 3 breaks up at WOT and high RPM .I used a E30 mix .with map 3 ,because its recomended .do you think I could still have spark blow out at high boost with this gap at 24 I did log this run with the break up.on map 3 .But not sure what to look for.I will try to attach it here ..if I do t atach it .Its because I havnt figured iut how
OK we'll keep an eye open for your email.

Burger Motorsports

(#2795)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger
Default 12-05-2019, 07:42 AM

Got a couple logs in, 40mph-115mph and 0-100mph. Can you check to make sure everything looks good. Wondering if I need to adjust any WMI settings.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-12-05 07_51_07_Map-8 40-115.csv (12.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 2019-12-05 07_59_15_Map-8 0-100.csv (13.3 KB, 5 views)
(#2796)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2019, 09:16 AM

Looks really clean to me. Could raise the additive up 5 or 10 if you want to push a little more boost.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#2797)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-05-2019, 03:53 PM

What is the recommended octane mix for maps 5 & 7 ?
(#2798)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-05-2019, 04:03 PM

Half or more mix of unleaded race fuel. The stronger the mix the better.

Burger Motorsports

(#2799)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 12-05-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Half or more mix of unleaded race fuel. The stronger the mix the better.

Thanks, I plan to use Sunoco GT260 unleaded 100 OCT one station sells its reliably. Ill just run the tank to near empty and pump in 1-2 gallons total if i mess with those maps. Its a blessing in a state where max pump is 91 Colorado.
(#2800)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-06-2019, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrillon998
Thanks, I plan to use Sunoco GT260 unleaded 100 OCT one station sells its reliably. Ill just run the tank to near empty and pump in 1-2 gallons total if i mess with those maps. Its a blessing in a state where max pump is 91 Colorado.
That should be fine! I use Sunoco GT260+ when I can find it.

Burger Motorsports