N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1576)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2015, 09:19 PM

It will put itself in to map 4 from running 20psi+ when its targeting 5psi... Without a JB4 I'm not sure how you'd know you have this issue. But, do a short log with the EWG connector back to stock, to verify its not related. I suspect the WG is binding on something. Like the ******** clamp.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1577)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-19-2015, 09:41 PM

Without a boost gauge you'd have no idea. Map4 in the log shows the major issue. I'm going to erase your posts from this forum, as its not a support forum, but I suspect you have a physical issue that requires mechanical attention.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1578)
Old

Car: 335i F30
Default 02-19-2015, 11:14 PM

Terry,

When I switched from 8_12 to 8_12b, my shifter light no longer blinks to indicate whether the flap is open or closed.

2013 F10 M5 | PS2 | JB4+BCM | Bootmod3 | BMS Intake | BMS CP's | ER **'s | SSP Spec-R | Meth
10/15/16 Goodbye old friend - 2012 F30 335i | PURE stage 2 turbo | JB4 | BMS intake | ER down pipe | ER charge pipe | ER FMIC | E60 | Meth

Last edited by CJ2; 02-19-2015 at 11:31 PM..
(#1579)
Old

Car: BMW M135i
Default 02-20-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ2
Terry,

When I switched from 8_12 to 8_12b, my shifter light no longer blinks to indicate whether the flap is open or closed.
First page says
N55_FSERIES_8_12b: Revised CANflap to remove trans flash and allow OEM and fully open toggles only.
N55_FSERIES_8_12: Added CAN Flap per DEMO video. Note feature works with all models EXCEPT F10.

So transmission flash is removed with 8_12b FW...

I assume you should be able to hear the difference?
(#1580)
Old

Default 02-20-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4utoo!
Quick question...Is the F30 JB4 the same for the F22?
Yes
(#1581)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-20-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperman05
First page says
N55_FSERIES_8_12b: Revised CANflap to remove trans flash and allow OEM and fully open toggles only.
N55_FSERIES_8_12: Added CAN Flap per DEMO video. Note feature works with all models EXCEPT F10.

Yes, we hope so!

We're currently working on a better map switch/toggle indicator for F series models. The trans flash is just too slow and cumbersome.

Burger Motorsports

(#1582)
Old

Car: 335i F30
Default 02-20-2015, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperman05
First page says

I thought that's what the description meant, but I actually couldn't hear the difference when switching modes so wasn't sure.

2013 F10 M5 | PS2 | JB4+BCM | Bootmod3 | BMS Intake | BMS CP's | ER **'s | SSP Spec-R | Meth
10/15/16 Goodbye old friend - 2012 F30 335i | PURE stage 2 turbo | JB4 | BMS intake | ER down pipe | ER charge pipe | ER FMIC | E60 | Meth
(#1583)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 02-21-2015, 07:28 AM

a buddy with a 435i with the jb4 stage 2 on a manual trans has a really bad bog when shifting hard (traction off). Is there something that needs to be changed for a mt vs a auto in the settings.

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#1584)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-21-2015, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecord
a buddy with a 435i with the jb4 stage 2 on a manual trans has a really bad bog when shifting hard (traction off). Is there something that needs to be changed for a mt vs a auto in the settings.
Log it and throw a log in the support section so we can see if anything stands out. Could be normal DME torque intervention, could be timing drop from knock, could be over boost, could be under boost, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#1585)
Old

Car: F30 335xi
Default 02-22-2015, 10:50 AM

2014 F30 335xi TWO BUTTON

BTW, I have the EWG board and 3.0 version. The Canflap seems not working. Only two options, flash once or twice and no change in exhaust sound.\

Another problem I found is that my trip computer on the screen won't reset after JB4 installed.
(#1586)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2015, 11:15 AM

The talk button is the only button connected, and there is no trans flash with it. If its activating then CPS1500 will toggle between 0 and 1. So you can verify that.

Burger Motorsports

(#1587)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 335i Sport Line
Default 02-22-2015, 01:39 PM

2014 335i, one button.

'14 F30 335i N55 EWG - Speedtech Stage 3 EFR 8374 - BM3 OTS Stage 2H 93 Flash - xHP Flash - JB4 - BMS Meth kit - Dorch Stage 2 HPFP - ER FMIC & CP
(#1588)
Old

Car: M235i
Default Cutout system - 02-22-2015, 06:32 PM

Terry I installed a pneumatic cutout that bypasses the rear muffler, sounds really good. It can be opened and closed with a solenoid that intercepts the vacuum. My next step would be to activate the solenoid only when the rpm reaches 5000rpms or the boost reaches certain level, in order to do that I'd like to use the progressive meth injection signal. Where can I take that signal from?
(#1589)
Old

Car: 335i f30 2012
Default 02-23-2015, 03:42 AM

sorry about my ignorance - what does it mean by to remove trans flash
thanks
(#1590)
Old

Default 02-23-2015, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabujan
sorry about my ignorance - what does it mean by to remove trans flash
thanks
Transmission light on gear lever (auto) used to flash to indicate which can flap mode you were in. In the latest FW this has been removed as its not really required as you should be able to hear the difference.
(#1591)
Old

Car: 2015 m235i xDrive
Default 02-23-2015, 05:08 PM

Terry will the new map switching apply to the F22 as well?
(#1592)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-23-2015, 05:19 PM

No map switching changes have been made yet. We're playing around with a few things, but they are not in the currently posted firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#1593)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 02-25-2015, 09:57 AM

I want to run Map 7 and I am confused with fuel mixtures. Is a full tank of race gas required to run this map? What are the mixture percentages to achieve 15 gallons of race gas using a base of 93 octane? Is 100 octane the most ideal for map 7? what is the octane rating for E25, E30 and E85? Sorry for throwing this newby questions, but I desperately want to run this map, but I don't want to blow up my engine. What are you guys using for race gas? Thanks.
(#1594)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-25-2015, 10:01 AM

Map 7 generally requires unleaded racing fuel and/or methanol.

Burger Motorsports

(#1595)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 02-25-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerFan
I want to run Map 7 and I am confused with fuel mixtures. Is a full tank of race gas required to run this map? What are the mixture percentages to achieve 15 gallons of race gas using a base of 93 octane? Is 100 octane the most ideal for map 7? what is the octane rating for E25, E30 and E85? Sorry for throwing this newby questions, but I desperately want to run this map, but I don't want to blow up my engine. What are you guys using for race gas? Thanks.
Use this to figure out how many gallons you need to achieve the required octane:

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#1596)
Old

Default 02-25-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map 7 generally requires unleaded racing fuel and/or methanol.
Thanks Terry. I get that. It's in your sticky, but here in Houston, I can't just walk into a gas station and buy "unleaded racing fuel." What is the octane rating? 100? We get 93 octane premium unleaded here everywhere. How do I convert 15 gallons of it into 100 octane unleaded if that is considered "unleaded race fuel?" Also is it even a good idea to run map 7 on the stock turbo and Tranny using racing fuel and meth? Thanks for your quick response.
(#1597)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-25-2015, 11:25 AM

Unleaded racing fuel comes in 5 gallon cans, or at pumps, and I know it's all over Texas. VP racing is a popular brand. I'd ask around in Houston forums for where to source it.

Burger Motorsports

(#1598)
Old

Default 02-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Use this to figure out how many gallons you need to achieve the required octane:

http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html

-Nick
Thanks Nick, but I am more confused now than before. I want to avoid E85 by all means as this is not recommended for my platform. That's all we get here unfortunately. I just want race fuel and I would like to know a source where I can get it or achieve race fuel with 93 octane as the base mix. Thanks!
(#1599)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-25-2015, 11:32 AM

E30 on map 2 would be OK for EWG vehicles. And a lot more fun than 93 octane.

Burger Motorsports

(#1600)
Old

Default 02-25-2015, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Unleaded racing fuel comes in 5 gallon cans, or at pumps, and I know it's all over Texas. VP racing is a popular brand. I'd ask around in Houston forums for where to source it.
Goodness gracious! Unleaded race fuel is expensive. Do I run this pure or mix it? I'll need $240 to fill up my tank!