N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#601)
Old

Car: 335i/m6
Default 11-01-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterC17
Here's the setup I went with on my meth integration, car feels great even on stock boost levels!

Looking good T! What size injector you going with? Picked up the M4 Last week will start taking things apart here soon for some product development. Will be dynoing the car after break in while installing the JB4. Should have your unit this week.

Keep up the good work.

G

Last edited by m6beast; 11-01-2014 at 07:24 AM..
(#602)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-01-2014, 10:49 AM

Photo of the setup wrapped up and ready to roll. Not Thrilled with the big Ubend to connect the rear bank nozzle to the tee. May redo that bit later.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#603)
Old

Car: 2011 CTS-V Coupe
Default 11-01-2014, 11:51 AM

SOOOO looking forward to higher boost map results!!!
(#604)
Old

Car: 2011 335is
Default 11-01-2014, 04:51 PM

Wondering how everyone is driving during the first 1200mi break in period, and are you waiting to install the tune until after the service? Also would like to know where you're sending the USB cable into the cabin. Picked her up today and that tune is just burning a hole in my workbench
(#605)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 11-03-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushidopupil
SOOOO looking forward to higher boost map results!!!
+1

Can't wait to see what adding meth/water will do by itself plus the gains with upgraded turbos...
(#606)
Old

Car: M3
Default 11-03-2014, 10:01 PM

Terry,
Just finished installing my JB4 and I'm curious if I can use map 7 w/ 103 octane while still using a stock exhaust. Thanks in advance.
(#607)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGWally
Terry,
Just finished installing my JB4 and I'm curious if I can use map 7 w/ 103 octane while still using a stock exhaust. Thanks in advance.
Map 7 is suitable for a 100% stock car as long as you're using unleaded racing fuel.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#608)
Old

Default 11-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Map 7 is suitable for a 100% stock car as long as you're using unleaded racing fuel.
I noticed you have injectors bedore intercooler and before throttle body. Is that right or just trying two methods. Just wondering incase I have to build both setups for M4 owners.

Let me know
G
(#609)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2014, 05:34 PM

Before IC is a little easier to reach and IMHO just as functional. Post intercooler would be a more traditional setup though.

Burger Motorsports

(#610)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2014, 06:13 PM

Some meth dyno testing results here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27617

Burger Motorsports

(#611)
Old

Default 11-04-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Some meth dyno testing results here: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27617
well tell me which one you would prefer for a production run for a better performer. The intercooler/throttle body pipe would be easier to build than the two charge ***** with their oval transitions. After I take them apart I can see what I will have to do to make them fit like OEM and not having to cut anything.
I would think meth after the turbo would be more efficient and help keep things cooler than after the inter cooler but you would know best with all the tests you've done and different set ups with different models.
Your advice Terry
Thanks
G

Y
(#612)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2014, 07:56 PM

Installing it pre-ic is a 10-15 min swap. Post IC I hear is an hour so. Performance is probably the same but pre-ic will have a higher temperature differential and more space to evaporate so likely will result in better cylinder to cylinder distribution. And a side effect is that the TMAP sensors is more likely to read an accurate inlet temperature.

Burger Motorsports

(#613)
Old

Car: 135
Default 11-10-2014, 06:57 AM

Terry,
I saw the video for map changing on the dct car (with dct stick light flash). Just wondering with no light flash how do you make sure you are on the right map (e.g map 1 in my case as I just want to have stage 1). Can the one plastic rivet that needs to be taken off be out back (Is there a trick to get it off without damaging it)
(#614)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2014, 09:14 AM

Lost me OK the rivot but if you never connect the can wires you are on map 1.

Burger Motorsports

(#615)
Old

Default 11-10-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Lost me OK the rivot but if you never connect the can wires you are on map 1.
Sorry if I sound silly but never used jb4 before. I am buying a used jb4, so what if the previous owner left it in map7 and then i install as stage one does it automatically default to map 1. I dont have the usb cable so no way to check what map it is on.

And about the plastic rivet i actually meant can you put it back or is it like a conventinal metal rivets which are toast after you drill them out.

Thanks
(#616)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-10-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt135i
Sorry if I sound silly but never used jb4 before. I am buying a used jb4, so what if the previous owner left it in map7 and then i install as stage one does it automatically default to map 1. I dont have the usb cable so no way to check what map it is on.

And about the plastic rivet i actually meant can you put it back or is it like a conventinal metal rivets which are toast after you drill them out.

Thanks
If you're buying something used who knows what you have or what you need to do to get it working. You'd be on your own for that. Normally buying used is a bad idea if you're not already familiar with it.

Burger Motorsports

(#617)
Old
autocouturemotoring.com

Car: E90 335i
Send a message via AIM to AutoCouture
Default 11-13-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt135i

Thanks
I'd suggest picking up a usb cable and using the JB4 software to figure out settings especially for first time.

AUTOcouture Motoring
Fair Lawn, NJ: 201-666-3500 | Van Nuys, CA: 818-849-6282
www.autocouturemotoring.com
Your one-stop shop for all Euro needs
(#618)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 11-13-2014, 03:08 PM

is there a way to set up the auto clear for *** less ********* like the n54 jb4? we installed the jb4 and gintani *** less ********* and I am getting a check engine light for *** efficiency.

btw hanging with a 680 whp cts-v to 140.

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#619)
Old
sehr schnelles Auto

Car: 335i
Default 11-13-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecord
is there a way to set up the auto clear for *** less ********* like the n54 jb4? we installed the jb4 and gintani *** less ********* and I am getting a check engine light for *** efficiency.

btw hanging with a 680 whp cts-v to 140.
Set FUD to 90 to enable auto code clear for ******* dp's

KDT
(#620)
Old

Car: M235i
Default 11-13-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Set FUD to 90 to enable auto code clear for ******* dp's
Is this for all brand ***?

2015 Alpine White M4
(#621)
Old
sehr schnelles Auto

Car: 335i
Default 11-13-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCredibleM
Is this for all brand ***?
********* dp's will throw basically the same codes regardless of brand unless they include a fix for that already, so yes it should work with all brand dp's

KDT
(#622)
Old

Default 11-18-2014, 05:39 PM

Terry,

What is your suggested ratio for E85/93 to run on map 7 with the stage 3 install? (You say up to 35%, but what ratio is yielding the best results without meth?) Would An E85 blend be beneficial on map 1 or 2? Also wondering if the steering wheel controls are in the cards for the next firmware update? Appreciate your feedback.
(#623)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-18-2014, 05:46 PM

You can try e30 for map 7 to start.

Burger Motorsports

(#624)
Old

Default 11-19-2014, 07:32 AM

Unfortunately e85 is the only option available in my area. Based on that, do you have a suggested ratio. Also, how about the steering wheel controls??? Thanks T-
(#625)
Old

Default 11-19-2014, 08:41 AM

Terry,
What is the best way to unplug the TMAP and MAP sensor? Is the usb trick still used for these as on the n54? I looked at the sensor but wasnt sure onhow to disconnect.
Thanks