N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#176)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 12-09-2011, 05:35 AM

make me a alpha tester and i will provide the launching videos as requested. lol

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#177)
Old

Car: BMW 335i E92
Default 12-09-2011, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecord
make me a alpha tester and i will provide the launching videos as requested. lol
Make sure you're fully ******* first...
(#178)
Old

Car: 335
Default 12-09-2011, 04:53 PM

I still don't understand why people with this feature still haven't shown any launch videos with it but just reving the engine. This goes also for the Procede camp. Bunch of hooligans reving and nothing else! Getting boring
(#179)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-09-2011, 04:57 PM

Because none of them run slicks. It's basically only useful for making noise at the local burger joint.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#180)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM

how much boost will it build at 2k right around that seems to be all street tires can handle with out 2 step.

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#181)
Old

Car: 335
Default 12-09-2011, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Because none of them run slicks. It's basically only useful for making noise at the local burger joint.
Lol. I guess it's more of a gimmick these days!! I just want to see it in action.
(#182)
Old
Reaper of Speed

Car: 135i
Default 12-09-2011, 10:42 PM

Only really interested in the NLS.

"Game Plan=Don't DIE!"-GriMM
"Plan B:Capture The Enemy Flag!"-PHANTOM666
(#183)
Old
Kievdrive

Car: e92 335
Default 12-09-2011, 10:59 PM

Come on baby... Waiting for launch

rollin with the big boys
(#184)
Old
Boosted

Car: 2007 335is E90
Default 12-15-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckd05
Nls= no lift shift

What's the point of seeing it in action. All it will be is a car launching. The work is in having it stop at the determined two step rpm limit.

I believe once your off the clutch it disengages and the car will launch without that rpm limit. It is engaged in neutral when clutch is fully depressed.

Not many want to do pointless burnouts or launches thats prob why . Also , Where people have had it set , i think it is set way too high on street tires to hook up though. 4k launch on the street will not be productive
Then why are you testing it?
(#185)
Old

Car: 08 135i , 06 325xi e90
Default 12-15-2011, 02:13 AM

I'm not testing it , I wouldn't mind having no lift shift and a two step though.

Hopefully by spring it's an easily offered add-on to the jb4 piggy'd cars. The two step would
Be good for drag radials as well but dumping the clutch from
3-4k is about as harsh of a beating we can throw out our cars.

e92
(#186)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-16-2011, 06:12 PM

Switched over to a MOSFET circuit that has been working well. Full voltage and runs nice and cool. So I'll design and order some PCBs for it next week.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#187)
Old
Engineer

Car: 2008 BSM 335i Coupe
Default 12-16-2011, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Switched over to a MOSFET circuit that has been working well. Full voltage and runs nice and cool. So I'll design and order some PCBs for it next week.
Nice! Is that a layout from pspice?

2008 BSM 335i coupe-jb4.BMS intake.meth
1999 Pontiac Grand Prix-10.5PSI.PRJ LL Cam.supporting mods

(#188)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-17-2011, 04:14 PM

Similar software. Crapped together a simple PCB for it with some minor revisions. So hopefully we can expand testing soon!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#189)
Old

Default 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM

*subscribed* emailed about this earlier :D
(#190)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-20-2011, 10:38 AM

The new FET PCB's are on the way. Hope to expand testing soon.

Burger Motorsports

(#191)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 12-20-2011, 03:35 PM

Anyway to get in on this new pcb testing?
(#192)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM

New circuit is in and working fine on our shop car for the past week. Ordered parts to build a batch to expand testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#193)
Old
IXLR8

Car: 335xi
Default 12-28-2011, 07:05 PM

AWESOME! I would love to be one of the testers. Would even pay for this! :-)
(#194)
Old

Car: 335 coupe
Default 12-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Do want
(#195)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Finally got around to soldering up a few of the new prototypes. I should be done with these 5 this afternoon. I'll throw em in old JB+ enclosures for now as we happen to have a few around.

So if you can solder the trigger wire to the board as is shown in the first post, and want to help test (e.g. be aware if the circuit were to fail the car would stall out until you removed it), then paypal $40 over to terry@burgertuning.com and we'll get one out when ready.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#196)
Old
IXLR8

Default 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM

Just sent you the money. Can't wait to try this! Thanks Terry
(#197)
Old

Car: 1M
Default 01-20-2012, 02:27 AM

How's this going?
(#198)
Old

Car: 2008 335I
Default 01-21-2012, 02:29 PM

Any updates?
(#199)
Old
IXLR8

Default Installed Mine - 01-21-2012, 03:52 PM

I have installed mine and need to send some logs to Terry.
(#200)
Old

Car: 08 135i
Default 01-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Mines installed :-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJXlL...jDOygkHqTFXOlg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12bYb...GtRhn2kTnK8Lf1

JB4 15 Ohm | AR *** | Helix FMIC | Cooling mist CM10 | Injen DCI | RR Mids & Axel Back | SF-71s 19s with Hankook V12s (For Street) | Mickey Thompson ET Streets 245/40/18 (For Track) |

Best: 12.0 @114 1.88 60' @5800ft D/A

Last edited by Robertbenson30; 01-22-2012 at 09:19 PM..
Closed Thread