N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default New worlds fastest n55! :) - 10-29-2011, 11:12 AM

Hey guys,

Hit up Famoso with Hotrod today and decided to take a few runs with our n55. Best of the day was 12.055 @ 117.20 and also ran a best MPH of 12.094@117.81.

The car is our 2011 135i, DCT, JB4 (N55 Stage2), BMS DP, BMS Charge Pipe, and our WW Meth Kit (70/30 mix), and for good measure I added a few gallons of 100 octane to my pump 91. Also did the 150# driver mod (removed passenger seat). The runs above were on my daily driver 245/45 Nitto 555Rs. I put the Hoosiers on for a couple runs but didn't go any faster.

Boost was about as high as it would go at 17-18psi tapering to 15psi at 5900rpm where I was shifting. Overall the transmission held up OK but consistently slipped a bit. Launching was a headache as always. If only I could get a measely 1.8 60' out of the thing it would be in the 11s. But for now happy to have the n55 record back in our camp.

Hotrod was running today and I think he also set a record.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 10-29-2011, 11:38 AM

congrats...i know you can make it happen...

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#3)
Old
BlackBird

Car: 2011 335i
Default 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Hey guys,

At Famoso today hanging out and decided to do a few runs with our n55. Best so far is 12.06@116.5. So close! Will keep trying for 11s.

Mods are the JB4, DP, and WW meth.

BlackBird-2011 335Ic, Auto, 13.10@105.5, 1.90-60ft with 20" wheels!
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 12:22 PM

Another 12.0 at 117.8. So worlds quickest and fastest now. But trans just won't let me run an 11.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old
ElevenPointFive

Car: 2009 135i
Default 10-29-2011, 12:29 PM

Pretty sweet T, nice trap speed indeed. You need to code a better launch function for the DCT.

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 6MT - Midnight Blue
Cobb Stage 1

2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM
MHD Stage 2+ ~ BMS Intake ~ AMS FMIC ~ CPE
(#6)
Old

Car: 09 135i 6MT
Send a message via Yahoo to mnst3r
Default 10-29-2011, 12:46 PM

With those traps you are in 11 second territory for sure.

09 135i 6MT JB4, DCI, CM MethKit, Stett CP w/ Tial bov, MT ST ET, CPE DP's and Axleback Exhaust
12.07@ 113.94 1.7 60' on 9/03/11 "Fastest 135i in Alaska"
(#7)
Old

Car: M3
Default 10-29-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Another 12.0 at 117.8. So worlds quickest and fastest now. But trans just won't let me run an 11.
Slip?

(#8)
Old

Car: 2011 135i
Default 10-29-2011, 04:18 PM

Nice Terry!

How is your car set up?
(#9)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 10-29-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Terry
Wow, that's so close. Big mph.
How was the track today?
Was the DA ok?
How did Hotrod do?
Damn, I wanted to go to this event but didn't wanna drive 500 miles in one day.
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 05:51 PM

Hey guys,

Thanks for the kind words. Just got back after the 2hr drive back. Put the slips and a log in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp jnkey
Terry
Wow, that's so close. Big mph.
How was the track today?
Was the DA ok?
How did Hotrod do?
Damn, I wanted to go to this event but didn't wanna drive 500 miles in one day.
Overall traction was decent and weather not bad. Mostly high 60s low 70s. Famoso is always a bit slow but we had a good time.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 10-29-2011, 06:40 PM

I've done a 1.78 60 foot. No reason you can't or even do better for that matter.

No LSD right so burnout with only one tire? No launch control I take it?

(#13)
Old
<---N55 turbo

Car: 135i N55 DCT
Default 10-29-2011, 06:47 PM

Great job terry! Can you do a print screen of your "user adjustment"?
My settings change by themselves every time I connect and look at it.

2011 135i N55 DCT
12.669 @ 112.90
2011 BMW 135i DCT N55: 12.669 @ 112.900 MPH
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 06:53 PM

Map 3 with a +60 additive. The FFMAX setting is supposed to autotune itself. Others should not change unless you change them or select to reset all defaults. In which case they would change to the wrong settings as the interface doesn't have N55 defaults loaded. Just ensure your settings match the N55 Stage2 thread.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old
<---N55 turbo

Car: 135i N55 DCT
Default 10-29-2011, 07:29 PM

I find my "auto shift damper" tends to drop to about 5.
Should bogfix be off for dct?
Did you limit boost in the first 2 gears in your run?

2011 135i N55 DCT
12.669 @ 112.90
2011 BMW 135i DCT N55: 12.669 @ 112.900 MPH
(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech112
I find my "auto shift damper" tends to drop to about 5.
Should bogfix be off for dct?
Did you limit boost in the first 2 gears in your run?
Auto shift damper won't change itself. If its 5, you have the wrong settings loaded. Reset it back to whatever is in the JPG posted. No boost limiting used. Bogfix is ignored regardless of setting for DCT and automatic transmissions. Make sure you have the latest interface as the old one would auto update settings post firmware update.

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old
Super Demigod

Car: 335i
Send a message via AIM to themyst
Default 10-29-2011, 08:06 PM

Terry, congrats on the times!

I did not know the N55 ran such an aggressive timing curve.

I guess no plans to get the clutch pack upgrade on that N55? I know Shiv's approach was to drop boost like a manual between shifts to stop the slip on gear changes.

E90 LCI N54 6AT
(#18)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themyst
Terry, congrats on the times!

I did not know the N55 ran such an aggressive timing curve.

I guess no plans to get the clutch pack upgrade on that N55? I know Shiv's approach was to drop boost like a manual between shifts to stop the slip on gear changes.
We do that on downshifts, but for up shifts dropping boost just slows you down too much. We could use the Stage2 CPS offsetting to pull advance down further during the shift but it would be counter productive. At the moment, since so few are running this aggressively, it's just a wait and see type thing.

No plans to upgrade the transmission though. I like to keep the development cars similar to how our customers will be using them for realistic testing. I really doubt many DCT owners will be upgrading it. At least not for another 2-3 years.

Burger Motorsports

(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-29-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
I've done a 1.78 60 foot. No reason you can't or even do better for that matter.

No LSD right so burnout with only one tire? No launch control I take it?
No LSD, no burn out. Best times were with "launch control" on. If it had 500whp I think getting the 1.7s wouldn't be too hard. I could just let it bog and power it out. But at 370whp it just doesn't have the power to pull out of a bog. Maybe if I could adjust the launching RPM like M3s can.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old
boom

Car: BMW
Default 10-29-2011, 09:25 PM

370whp and almost 11s, nice

Crazy nobody has hit 10s yet

2011 335i m-sport
2008 335xi (Sold)
(#21)
Old
C63 AMG

Default 10-29-2011, 09:44 PM

what hotrod run?
(#22)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 10-29-2011, 10:17 PM

Congrats on the great times Terry!
Also curious to see what HotRod ran.

(#23)
Old

Car: 135i, 2010, N55, DCT
Default N55 run - 10-30-2011, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickcruiser
Congrats on the great times Terry!
Also curious to see what HotRod ran.
Well done Terry. Awesome time. It's motivating!!!!! Please finish with RHD harness then I'll set the new record..

N55 DCT, 135i, 12.00@116.2, W/O Meth
,12.01@119.3, With Meth
,11.91@119.025 added BMS Intake
,12.10@115 e85 + ISO
390whp@497 - 0.60 in 3.75sec
(#24)
Old

Default 10-30-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
No LSD, no burn out. Best times were with "launch control" on. If it had 500whp I think getting the 1.7s wouldn't be too hard. I could just let it bog and power it out. But at 370whp it just doesn't have the power to pull out of a bog. Maybe if I could adjust the launching RPM like M3s can.
Did you move the cruise control stalk while in launch control mode? I don't know if you can adjust the RPM or not on the 135.

(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-30-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky
Did you move the cruise control stalk while in launch control mode? I don't know if you can adjust the RPM or not on the 135.
On the 135i it's fixed at 3500rpm.

Burger Motorsports