N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#701)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 07-19-2011, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
This WW tank is becoming bottomless. First we started with 32" or 24" can't recall then we moved to 38" which is what I have now, maybe even 40".
I tested it at least 10 times and 38" seemed long enough but giving the shape of the neck it hard to really know.
You guys sure the tube isn't bottoming out and then curving up and out of the fluid? Seems like that ALWAYS happens when I try and use a siphon.
(#702)
Old

Car: BMW 335I
Default 07-19-2011, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrink24
You guys sure the tube isn't bottoming out and then curving up and out of the fluid? Seems like that ALWAYS happens when I try and use a siphon.
It only takes about 15 mins to take the WW tank out. If I was using this method I would remove the tank to a point where the filler tube is still intact and verify the tube has hit the bottom. Ps. Im tapped at the bottom of the tank bought my kit before this method was an option.
(#703)
Old

Car: '09 E90
Default 07-19-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
I think this is what is happening to everyone considering the location of the filler neck, the shape of the reservoir, and the inability to visualize the location of the tube when feeding it into the reservoir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrep335I
It only takes about 15 mins to take the WW tank out. If I was using this method I would remove the tank to a point where the filler tube is still intact and verify the tube has hit the bottom. Ps. Im tapped at the bottom of the tank bought my kit before this method was an option.
Do you think there is enough room to visualize the reservoir by only removing the wheel liner, turning the steering wheel to the right, and not taking off the wheel? If not I may have to buy a floor jack when kit comes in as I want to make sure the tube is all the way down.
(#704)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykal
I think this is what is happening to everyone considering the location of the filler neck, the shape of the reservoir, and the inability to visualize the location of the tube when feeding it into the reservoir.

Do you think there is enough room to visualize the reservoir by only removing the wheel liner, turning the steering wheel to the right, and not taking off the wheel? If not I may have to buy a floor jack when kit comes in as I want to make sure the tube is all the way down.

Your not gonna be able to take the wheel liner out enough with just turning the wheel.

Last edited by NJrep335I; 07-19-2011 at 12:24 PM..
(#705)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
What did you use (size, brand, etc) as the barb/fitting to make a good seal on the tank, and where did you tap?
(#706)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
What did you use (size, brand, etc) as the barb/fitting to make a good seal on the tank, and where did you tap?
At first I used the fitting supplied by CM in the basic kit. I think the drill I used was alittle to big and it was leaking. I went to home depot and got a 90 degree plastic fitting.
Attached Images

(#707)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
At first I used the fitting supplied by CM in the basic kit. I think the drill I used was alittle to big and it was leaking. I went to home depot and got a 90 degree plastic fitting.
Nice!
(#708)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Nice!
Works pretty good. You see my attempt to stop it from leaking when I had the other fitting in. Damn Silicon wouldn't stick where I needed it but would every where else.
(#709)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Works pretty good. You see my attempt to stop it from leaking when I had the other fitting in. Damn Silicon wouldn't stick where I needed it but would every where else.
You tapped this, or literally removed the tank, split it, and installed a backing nut?
(#710)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You tapped this, or literally removed the tank, split it, and installed a backing nut?
I removed the tank and tapped to 1/8 npt at first and it started leaking. I tried some silicon as a quick fix at work which didn't work so I bought the 90 degree fitting at home depot and drilled a tad bit smaller and pushed the fitting in then screwed it in more. Works great. I also made sure to rinse out plastic shavings from the tank.
(#711)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 07-19-2011, 03:34 PM

my plan was to remove the headlight washer pump. and get a male to male fitting the same size and use the headlight washer pump gromet and filter. then you have no worries about leaks or not getting the tube down all the way. now i just need the money to buy the kit...lol

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#712)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-19-2011, 10:47 PM

Does the Pump have some sort of filter on it, to avoid picking up crud from the WW tank? Obviously key message is to make sure the WW tank is clean,

However is it worth while putting some sort of filter around the end of the pickup in the tank?
(#713)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmn
Does the Pump have some sort of filter on it, to avoid picking up crud from the WW tank? Obviously key message is to make sure the WW tank is clean,

However is it worth while putting some sort of filter around the end of the pickup in the tank?
The pickup doesn't extend to the bottom of the tank so there isn't much to pickup. Although we may add a meth filter to the kit at some point, raise the price up to cover the extra cost, etc. They are around $20.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#714)
Old

Default 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM

Is that an inline sort of thing with barbed fittings on each end? If so those can be added at any time.

2009 335i stock.....for now.
2001 Trans Am PT8285
2010 Escalade tow pig
2013 f150 ecopoop
(#715)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2011, 11:08 PM

Yes you just cut the line and stick it between.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#716)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 07-20-2011, 02:14 AM

Looking at this image of the WW tank courtesy of j. blackwell the tubing inserted down the neck of the tank can hook upwards as well as downwards in the tank.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#717)
Old

Car: 335xi Sport
Default 07-20-2011, 04:46 AM

Hi Terry:

I ordered and was charged for the WW Kit on Monday around noon and haven't received an Email that I didn't make the "cut" for the last 5 kits that were available 5 minutes after your post. I haven't seen any shipping information so I would assume I have to wait, however I am still hoping that the kit shipped as I didn't see any emails stating otherwise?

2013 335i M-Sport - 6MT - Not too many mods.....Yet !
(#718)
Old

Default 07-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Maybe, they could make a list of who's getting them :D

Any eta's on shipping?

2009 335i stock.....for now.
2001 Trans Am PT8285
2010 Escalade tow pig
2013 f150 ecopoop
(#719)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E36graduate
Hi Terry:

I ordered and was charged for the WW Kit on Monday around noon and haven't received an Email that I didn't make the "cut" for the last 5 kits that were available 5 minutes after your post. I haven't seen any shipping information so I would assume I have to wait, however I am still hoping that the kit shipped as I didn't see any emails stating otherwise?
I really have no idea on any particular order details nor would I ever discuss them on a forum if I did. Email Jon or Eric at the office for details on that sort of thing.

Burger Motorsports

(#720)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM

I got confirmation yesterday that my kit left yesterday and ill have it tomorrow!!!!

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR DP's : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF DP's : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#721)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2011, 11:33 AM

Last night I rescaled the FSB signal to reduce user confusion, improve boost response, and improve the diagnostic ability. If you get air in the line instead of seeing a value of 0% (no flow) you'll now see 10-15% (properly indicating a little flow). Instead of seeing a 20-70% range during nomal operation now you'll see 40-50%. Sucking air from an empty tank or a disconnected meth line on the pressure side will still show 0%. As part of this change I improved the mapping in the 10-40% range to get you in to your meth additive a little quicker.

If anyone has time to help test it today email me!

Burger Motorsports

(#722)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzenno
That's good, but the absolute best pickup tap is at the bottom right behind the washer fluid pump where the OEM headlight washer pump sits on cars that have it...mine doesn't and that's where I tapped..
I don't disagree but how many people are really going to pull the car apart to tap it, risk leaks, etc? If there is interest we can offer a proper tap fitting instead of the cap we give WW customers now.

Burger Motorsports

(#723)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 07-20-2011, 03:45 PM

One out of Two cases of boost juice got delivered today the other one got damaged while ups was handling it so Summit had to deliver another one today, and looks like my kit and AR elbow will be here tomorrow and i will be installing first thing Friday!

Terry,
Once I install everything and hook up the wiring, all i would have to do at that point is switch to map three and be good to go? am i correct?

15' M4 : JB4 : BMS intake : Meisterhaft full exhaust : AR DP's : MSR Charge ***** : H&R Sport Springs / 08' E92 335i : Montego Blue : JB4-G5 : DCI : BMSMeth : BMSoilCC : VRSF DP's : VRSF Front Mount : 19" Vertini Magic : Bridgestone RE-11 : Carbon CSL Trunk Lip : MtechRearBumper : Mtech FrontBumper
(#724)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM

Review directions in the install guide for setup.

Burger Motorsports

(#725)
Old

Car: 2009 135i
Default 07-20-2011, 05:10 PM

same here caruso! AR Meth elbow comes tomorrow, and my WW meth kit came today but missed the delivery so just gotta pick up at post office, then goin to pick up boost juice at a shop tom nite n install begins fri after work!!!! helllll yea hopin to be a new meth addict lol