N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#151)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-20-2011, 11:27 PM

Thanks T.
I wont ask your favourite question about an ETA as I know you'll delay me.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#152)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2011, 11:28 PM

Yeah we don't give ETAs. But this is a high priority project.

I love seeing the low washer fluid light chime on now to remind me to add more meth. This really is a nifty setup.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#153)
Old

Default 05-20-2011, 11:30 PM

Rub it in you bastard.
Very excited.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#154)
Old
Humid 535i

Car: 535i
Default 05-27-2011, 11:58 AM

My meth elbow is on the way. Any word? Need some high humidity testers?
(#155)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2011, 12:06 PM

Been doing lots of R&D on it this week. I'll post an update when things are firmed up. But in carefully studying both meth flow and pump loading I'm seeing some reasonable inconsistencies with this pickup location. It's possible I'm being overly sensitive but since this location is completely new it merits an in depth study. I will say given how our competitor has configured their pickup I'm not surprised they only used 1/3 of a gallon of meth during a 20 minute track session.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#156)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 05-27-2011, 12:20 PM

Im assuming you are getting a good amount of air in the line with this location T?? Some members are tapping the bottom of the WW tank and are having great results. Maybe that location would be a more reliable tap location? I know its not the "under hood plug in play" answer your looking for but it would make flow alot more consistent if in fact your getting too much air in the line.....

-Nick

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#157)
Old

Default 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Been doing lots of R&D on it this week. I'll post an update when things are firmed up. But in carefully studying both meth flow and pump loading I'm seeing some reasonable inconsistencies with this pickup location. It's possible I'm being overly sensitive but since this location is completely new it merits an in depth study. I will say given how our competitor has configured their pickup I'm not surprised they only used 1/3 of a gallon of meth during a 20 minute track session.
Keeping the boost low helped them too in not using meth much. I was about to suggest to start flowing at 14psi and keeping the boost at 13psi max since that would have resulted in even less meth consumption...
(#158)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
Keeping the boost low helped them too in not using meth much. I was about to suggest to start flowing at 14psi and keeping the boost at 13psi max since that would have resulted in even less meth consumption...
Then meth would never spray.

(#159)
Old

Default 05-27-2011, 01:30 PM

Exactly. A good solution for those who want to save meth
(#160)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2011, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk

I find it funny that when people talk about conserving meth they don't realize they are just using more gasoline instead. Closed loop fueling FTW.

Burger Motorsports

(#161)
Old

Default 05-27-2011, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnk
Exactly. A good solution for those who want to save meth
win

(#162)
Old

Default 05-27-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:

I find it funny that when people talk about conserving meth they don't realize they are just using more gasoline instead. Closed loop fueling FTW.
I dont know why you would buy a meth kit if you dont want to use it. Less meth = less power.

(#163)
Old

Car: 135i msport
Default 05-27-2011, 04:49 PM

couldn't you just use a male to male fitting and put it were the head light washer pump would go. just plug it into the grommet that holds the pump. then put a check valve near the pick up? seems like that would be much less restricted then sucking it threw the pump.

but would the pump have enough power to pull the meth out of there and re-prime should you run it dry?

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#164)
Old

Car: 335i M sport
Default 05-27-2011, 05:14 PM

nice
(#165)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecord
couldn't you just use a male to male fitting and put it were the head light washer pump would go. just plug it into the grommet that holds the pump. then put a check valve near the pick up? seems like that would be much less restricted then sucking it threw the pump.

but would the pump have enough power to pull the meth out of there and re-prime should you run it dry?
I haven't really looked in to the option as the line isn't easy to reach in our 135i. I would be surprised if the headlights used a separate pump though. Will need to check real oem later.

Burger Motorsports

(#166)
Old

Default 05-27-2011, 06:28 PM

Quote:
I haven't really looked in to the option as the line isn't easy to reach in our 135i. I would be surprised if the headlights used a separate pump though. Will need to check real oem later.
Headlight uses the same pump. I worked this out when I tapped the lines to run my Intercooler water spray from the windscreen washer bottle.

(#167)
Old

Default 05-28-2011, 04:42 AM

headlights use a different pump...i have replaced the grommets on slimmed up washer tanks. its not easy to get to but neither is running a line from your trunk to the front of your car.

the only down side to using that pump location is it is slightly higher than the washer pump and i am not sure if the level light will come on b4 it runs out of meth from the head light spot.

i have a lift, tools and time...if you need a tester

btw to get the washer pump out you have to remove the wheel, remove the rear part of the wheel liner and the one 10mm bolt holding the tank in. then slide it out of the fender far enough to get to the pumps.

318ti+s52+gt35r
(#168)
Old

Default 05-28-2011, 04:45 AM

also the pump for the headlights is much bigger than washer pump it is number 4 on the picture. as it has to push out the poppers to spray the headlights. the little pump would never be able to spray the windshield and still have enough pressure and flow to do the headlights.

318ti+s52+gt35r

Last edited by whitecord; 05-28-2011 at 04:53 AM..
(#169)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2011, 09:36 AM

So where is the headlight motor feed from? Are there any outlets on the tank aside from #6 above?

Burger Motorsports

(#170)
Old
MY TR6 needs Bimmer power

Car: 07 335i coupé cabriolet
Default 05-28-2011, 10:43 PM

Hey guys I am old!! school so I am confused on why you mix meth with water? I do not have a meth kit yet but why would you ever want water in the combustion camber?
I would think that would boost the pressure but why not use just 100 methanol?
If you guys get a kit for washer fluid can I'm in but just do not understand why mix meth with water? That would cause a big variation in the compression because alcohol and water do not mix very well. Maybe I just stupid but it seams that straight meth would be much more consistent?
Sorry if off topic but I need to understand what I am doing before I buy something.
Thanks
(#171)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2011, 10:54 PM

Water absorbs more heat and helps keep EGT in check. And makes the mix a little less flammable and safer for everyday use.

Burger Motorsports

(#172)
Old

Default 05-28-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Water absorbs more heat and helps keep EGT in check. And makes the mix a little less flammable and safer for everyday use.
What mix do you normally use? I am trying to find the perfect mix for this extreme summer heat.

(#173)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-28-2011, 11:01 PM

There is no perfect mix. Just depends on what you are trying to do. For max power with stock turbos, close to 100% meth is preferred. But it's not safe from a fire perspective. For daily driving I normally run 70/30. Lately I got lazy and ordered 12 gallons of "boost juice" so just using that now. It's 49/51.

Burger Motorsports

(#174)
Old

Default 05-28-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
There is no perfect mix. Just depends on what you are trying to do. For max power with stock turbos, close to 100% meth is preferred. But it's not safe from a fire perspective. For daily driving I normally run 70/30. Lately I got lazy and ordered 12 gallons of "boost juice" so just using that now. It's 49/51.
Okay, thats what I plan on, 70/30. I got lucky, a track by my house sells M-1 for $4.

(#175)
Old

Default 05-29-2011, 04:36 AM

the head light washer is just a little higher than the windshield washer pump. there are up to 3 slots open on the tank for the US only 2 will be used as we don't have a rear window washer. you could always drill the open slot and put a washer pump rubber grommet in it then a male to male barb.

318ti+s52+gt35r