N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#76)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-25-2011, 04:25 PM

Is there any changes to this setup now that System X is out? With the new system, to set it up at first, still set the X scaling to 100 and do a few runs?

Last edited by GbreeE90; 05-25-2011 at 04:47 PM..
(#77)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-25-2011, 05:05 PM

Same. Always start with a log on map 1 monitoring meth flow.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#78)
Old

Car: 07 335i E90
Default 06-05-2011, 03:03 PM

Ok, so the only thing I need to set up on the CMGS is parameter #12 (5V output mode - orange wire). Do I need to set up flow? I know the JB4 tells us how much flow but doesn't the CMGS need to tell the pump when to turn on?. I understand the directions in the first post but I think I'm missing something. It cant be that easy. Can it?

I'm about to install the X meth kit with FSB

Last edited by Nick0780; 06-05-2011 at 03:14 PM..
(#79)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 04:06 PM

What setting should I use with a 50/50 mix/CM7 on the CMGS? Do I leave everything default except parameter #12 (5V output mode - orange wire)? What duty cycle? PSI? or any other settings to start with.
(#80)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 04:21 PM

CMGS 1.08? Option 12 set to 0 is all you need. Then set min boost to 8 and max boost to 12 with the min/max dials.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#81)
Old

Car: 2010 335i
Default 06-05-2011, 04:35 PM

Hey T, I seem to be having the same problem as another user in another post. Posting here as others may end up with the same issue. I have the system X and my understanding is that all I have to do is wire it up and I'm set. Nothing to change on the CMGS itself. Unfortunately, meth flow shoots straight up to 100+ on the log. I have one of the first alpha batch boards and installed a 20k resistor inline. CMGS set for 8min and 13max. It's only running 11-12psi boost with a 4 adder. Any suggestions?
(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 04:36 PM

Perfect! With 1.10 100 means you're at maximum flow and everything is working properly.

Burger Motorsports

(#83)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 06-05-2011, 04:49 PM

Its killing me, hearing about these guys setting up on this system. I have a question though.... the pulses we see in the video. Is that how we can expect this system to administer methanol? I am used to the steady stream that I get with my system's solenoid.
The most exciting part of this for me is the boost message being relayed internally. This will eliminate the extra vac tube coming through the fire wall, pinch that tube and lose your spray and added boost. I believe that there is potential here for many different control parameters, ones that haven't been thought of yet, all in one system.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#84)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 04:50 PM

Well that sounds great! However, it doesn't seem to be adding boost over base on map 3...I just sent you an email with a couple logs.
(#85)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90tiag335i
Well that sounds great! However, it doesn't seem to be adding boost over base on map 3...I just sent you an email with a couple logs.
Can you post them somewhere?

(#86)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
Can you post them somewhere?
Here you go.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
(#87)
Old

Car: 135I, Lotus Elise
Default 06-05-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0780
Ok, so the only thing I need to set up on the CMGS is parameter #12 (5V output mode - orange wire). Do I need to set up flow? I know the JB4 tells us how much flow but doesn't the CMGS need to tell the pump when to turn on?. I understand the directions in the first post but I think I'm missing something. It cant be that easy. Can it?

I'm about to install the X meth kit with FSB

Nick, system X with FSB is auto setup. Just install and drive.

CM
(#88)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90tiag335i
You need the alpha firmware for that. I'll clear through the email tomorrow and send it over.

Burger Motorsports

(#89)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You need the alpha firmware for that. I'll clear through the email tomorrow and send it over.
The newest one, correct?

(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 06:02 PM

One that isn't posted.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 06:06 PM

Quote:
One that isn't posted.
So the boost additive will not work with 4/22?

(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GbreeE90
So the boost additive will not work with 4/22?
Right, not with CMGS/VC2 1.10 firmware.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old

Default 06-05-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Right, not with CMGS/VC2 1.10 firmware.
So Im guessing I can get it from you via email? I still have whichever firmware was before 4/22, will that one work?

(#94)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-05-2011, 08:16 PM

Once the meth kit is installed and working just shoot a log over. It may be posted by then anyway.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Default 06-06-2011, 01:56 PM

So this means it would start spraying the Minimum amount of meth at 8 PSI actual boost? Can I start spraying earlier to keep my valves clean and take advantage of lower IATs during daily driving? I think I want it to start spraying at 6 psi. Would you suggest that? IM only going to 13.5 PSI max target? Thanks
(#96)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2011, 02:45 PM

If you want to adjust your own meth spray for whatever reason you'll want a VC2/CMGS. With the FSB only you'll get the algorithm we've developed. Which starts meth spray at 9psi.

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old
M3 Eater (m3eater)

Car: 07 E90 Non Sport...Sleeper
Send a message via AIM to mobilefitt
Default 06-06-2011, 03:50 PM

I bet Terry's Algorithm is the way to go. Is there a way to use the nitrous screen to control spray? ie. RPM parameters?
I am trying to find a way to disable any of the meth options available currently from BMS when I am under a certain RPM range. ie. I want spray at 9 psi in 3rd gear at 3500 rpms but not at 9 psi in 6th gear at 2300 rpms. So spray only at 9 psi when rpm> than 2800 rpms.

JB4 15ohm w/ FSB & CM10, ETS-FMIC, Evolution Race Works charge pipe, Forge DVs, AR *********, Injen dual cones, DIY catch can-vent to atmosphere, Koni FSD,TSW Donnington 18's, Bridgestone Potenza 760 Sports.
(#98)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-06-2011, 03:52 PM

Actually I am thinking of disabling meth in 6th gear (and 7th gear for DCTs) all together. Community thoughts?

Burger Motorsports

(#99)
Old

Default 06-06-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Actually I am thinking of disabling meth in 6th gear (and 7th gear for DCTs) all together. Community thoughts?
Dont see why anyone would need it. Unless you were going for a topspeed run.

(#100)
Old
Reaper of Speed

Car: 135i
Default 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM

I think you should make it an option for those tuning their own cars.

"Game Plan=Don't DIE!"-GriMM
"Plan B:Capture The Enemy Flag!"-PHANTOM666