N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1051)
Old

Default 02-02-2011, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox_fan
I'd recommend running the usb cable through the bottom of the ecu compartment into the glove box, there is a diy somewhere and it was very easy to route it this way. If youre installing the JB4 it is only a few minutes extra to do it properly...
Here's the DIY from the DIY section.

http://n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6557

JB3 2.0 map 7
(#1052)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 02-02-2011, 10:38 AM

quick question about the jb4 autoclear "*****",

am i going to be able to pass nyc inspection with this? i won't have catalytic "readiness" with this enabled, correct? so, i'd basically need to keep my actual v3 ***** with the resistor in there for whenever inspection time comes, no?
(#1053)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM

No, you won't. Although I would not suggest trying to pass any inspections with ********* on the car.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1054)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM

thank you
(#1055)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Car: 2007 E92 335i
Default 02-02-2011, 11:33 AM

man I wish we had better octane out here sucks having to use map 1 with a couple bolt ons when map 2 is one "channel up" away

(#1056)
Old

Car: 07 E90 335i
Default 02-02-2011, 11:48 AM

This logging thing is still really foreign to me... Like I said in my last post, I'm stoked at how easy it was to just install the JB4 and flip back and forth from Map1 and Map0 on my otherwise stock e90.

I'll download the update and run the JB4 as I have been, but am I missing out on the potential of the JB4 by not datalogging?
(#1057)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Default 02-02-2011, 11:50 AM

^more like diagnostic.
you can see how your specific car is running on the predetermined maps.
allowing you to uncover underlying issues to make sure that youre getting the most out of the tune.

(#1058)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Barney
This logging thing is still really foreign to me... Like I said in my last post, I'm stoked at how easy it was to just install the JB4 and flip back and forth from Map1 and Map0 on my otherwise stock e90.

I'll download the update and run the JB4 as I have been, but am I missing out on the potential of the JB4 by not datalogging?
Nope. 95% of our customer base will never touch the laptop logging features with the in dash boost gauge available.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1059)
Old

Car: '11 335is DCT
Default 02-02-2011, 03:00 PM

Here's a trimmed down quick reference guide I use. I took out all the info I don't need to make it easier to read. I keep a copy on my phone. Some of you might like this.

Attachment 6525
(#1060)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoShizzle
Here's a trimmed down quick reference guide I use. I took out all the info I don't need to make it easier to read. I keep a copy on my phone. Some of you might like this.

Attachment 6525
if I could rep you I would, thanks I do like
(#1061)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-02-2011, 05:03 PM

11) Enabled adaptive PID / feed forward scaling. Set FutureUseD = 2 to enable. System learning is on at wide open throttle from 4500rpm to 6700rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.

Few questions on this...

Just input 2 in 'Future use D' under 'user adjustment' > 'Global' and clock save, and its enabled?

How many WOT threw 3rd and 4th would be need to get an satisfying result to the learning?

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1062)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 05:08 PM

Yep just enter 2. Maybe 3-4 runs.

Burger Motorsports

(#1063)
Old

Default 02-02-2011, 05:09 PM

Terry,

On the site to purchase there isn't any mention about having you guys upgrade the harness if we send in the harness as well. Should we just note it in the comments?
(#1064)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 05:12 PM

Use the "hold for core" option for that.

Burger Motorsports

(#1065)
Old
SYTFU Crew

Default 02-02-2011, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko
11) Enabled adaptive PID / feed forward scaling. Set FutureUseD = 2 to enable. System learning is on at wide open throttle from 4500rpm to 6700rpm in 3rd and 4th gear.

Few questions on this...

Just input 2 in 'Future use D' under 'user adjustment' > 'Global' and clock save, and its enabled?

How many WOT threw 3rd and 4th would be need to get an satisfying result to the learning?
yea that confused me also, since there are 2 Future Use fields and im not using the custom map. I put it in both lol

(#1066)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 05:57 PM

There is only one FutureUseD.

Burger Motorsports

(#1067)
Old

Default Harness Question - 02-02-2011, 11:06 PM

When upgrading from JB3 to JB4 does the harness need to be replaced of just the "box?"

I saw something about a new power wire but I can't quite grasp all of the instructions/ramifications.

My hope is the upgrade is a simple matter of plugging in the new box.
(#1068)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-02-2011, 11:07 PM

It is all in the first post. Please read carefully! It is not as simple as plugging in the new box.

Burger Motorsports

(#1069)
Old
Turbo Lover

Car: 300zx TT, 1M
Send a message via Skype™ to SlicktopTTZ
Default 02-02-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno
When upgrading from JB3 to JB4 does the harness need to be replaced of just the "box?"

I saw something about a new power wire but I can't quite grasp all of the instructions/ramifications.

My hope is the upgrade is a simple matter of plugging in the new box.
It isn't. There are I think 4 wires in the harness that need to be "re-pinned", and you have to pin a wire inside that green power source inside the ECU box.

It isn't hard, just take your time. I quadruple checked everything twice and it started up first time and has been running strong since.

(#1070)
Old

Car: 08 E92 335i
Send a message via AIM to Jnic335i
Default 02-03-2011, 01:45 AM

Man my pin-out JB3 is going to be a work load. Terry, how long would it take you to convert a JB3 pin-out to JB4? I'm going to take that time and X's it by 2 for me

JB4 | BMS DCI | UR DP | H&R | LC Z2s
(#1071)
Old
They like my swag....

Car: 135i
Default 02-03-2011, 06:24 AM

It took me about 30 mins to swap wires. It was cake. It just seems complicated until you actually do it. Then you feel silly for being so worried lol. It took more time for me to route the USB than to install the JB4 .
(#1072)
Old

Default 02-03-2011, 08:30 AM

IS the jb4 that much better then 3?
(#1073)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnic335i
Man my pin-out JB3 is going to be a work load. Terry, how long would it take you to convert a JB3 pin-out to JB4? I'm going to take that time and X's it by 2 for me
Pin out is easy, you just move 3 pairs of wires to new spots and put the power wire in.

Burger Motorsports

(#1074)
Old
Vintage

Car: F10 N55 PWG
Default 02-03-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyt13
IS the jb4 that much better then 3?
The features you get via the dash alone are worth it... Then you got the much better boost control and tuning with the CAN integration and autotuning coming soon. its 100prct worth the upgrade.

2014 F10 535i N55 PWG
(#1075)
Old
N54TECH FTMFW

Car: E92 335i
Default 02-03-2011, 10:51 AM

+1 for dash controls!