N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
Default 10-26-2021, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniechin
Thanks Wade. Its just for fuel line recall and steering box. They do need to hook up to OBD but not snooping in engine.

Just worried if the car will run funny or throw codes with it unplugged.

I was hoping being T'd I don't have to disconnect. They shouldnt be snooping or diving deep into the engine.

So the Jeep is ok to drive without the OBD plugged in but the sensors T'd?

Thansk again.
It's def ok to drive with the sensors hooked up and OBD unplugged. It will just divert either to map 0 or map 1, I can't really remember off the top of my head. Depending on where the fuel line goes or what part of the line they are inspecting they might be snooping a little bit. The recall is for a fuel supply line, so of it's a part of the line that connects to the high pressure pump, then they might see the connectors. I would try to get more info on what part of the line needs to be inspected/replaced to know for sure.
(#502)
Old

Car: Jeep rubicon
Default 10-26-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade.JL
It's def ok to drive with the sensors hooked up and OBD unplugged. It will just divert either to map 0 or map 1, I can't really remember off the top of my head. Depending on where the fuel line goes or what part of the line they are inspecting they might be snooping a little bit. The recall is for a fuel supply line, so of it's a part of the line that connects to the high pressure pump, then they might see the connectors. I would try to get more info on what part of the line needs to be inspected/replaced to know for sure.
Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much for the great advice.

Vin
(#503)
Old

Default 10-26-2021, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniechin
Sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you very much for the great advice.

Vin
No problem, anytime. I'd like to help more but I did a job switch not long ago and no longer work at Dodge anymore. So I don't have access to the stuff that I use to.
(#504)
Old

Car: Jeep Wrangler
Default Yesterday, 05:37 PM

If I wanted to run an unlocked PCM from superchips and a trail dash as a tuner (which used the obd2 port) could I still use my JB4 to control methanol injection?
(#505)
Old
Tuner

Default Yesterday, 09:07 PM

Yes JB4 can do as much or as little as you want to do. But running WMI without OBDII data means the JB4 would not be monitoring fuel trims, air/fuel ratio, pedal, throttle, etc, as part of its WMI mapping. Doesn't seem like an ideal situation to me. But still better than any stand alone controller.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#506)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:17 PM

Right I’m trying to decide how I would set up the system. I want the advantages both systems provide. Like I saw superchips and diablo sport allow the Jeep to rev a little higher than oem. I know that the tazer unlocks a lot of the features those other two systems offer without using the obd2 as well. I also want to tune my transmission as well for faster shifts. But I like using my JB4 for engine diagnostics and I can control meth injection with it.
(#507)
Old

Default Today, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboi10
Right Iím trying to decide how I would set up the system. I want the advantages both systems provide. Like I saw superchips and diablo sport allow the Jeep to rev a little higher than oem. I know that the tazer unlocks a lot of the features those other two systems offer without using the obd2 as well. I also want to tune my transmission as well for faster shifts. But I like using my JB4 for engine diagnostics and I can control meth injection with it.
Me personally if you wanted to go that route, and it's a route I've also been considering, you might be better off tuning with HP Tuners instead of Diablo or Superchips. You'd be getting a custom tune for both PCM and TCM instead of a canned tune, as well you'd be leaving the OBD port open for the JB4 so it could properly read all parameters for the WMI.
(#508)
Old

Default Today, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade.JL
Me personally if you wanted to go that route, and it's a route I've also been considering, you might be better off tuning with HP Tuners instead of Diablo or Superchips. You'd be getting a custom tune for both PCM and TCM instead of a canned tune, as well you'd be leaving the OBD port open for the JB4 so it could properly read all parameters for the WMI.
Hey wade! Yeah Iím looking into it for sure. Also what happened to your Instagram? I went to look for it the other day and saw your account was gone. Also I might order that Gottuned turbo soon, just depends on my Christmas bonus lol. I plan on ordering the parts to run meth injection soon as well. Iím not sure who to ask to make my map 6 for that.