N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 01:57 PM

I see no option for the E6X guys, any chance this will change in the future?

Currently already running your Stg2 pump on the Wagon.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 05-15-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Road
I see no option for the E6X guys, any chance this will change in the future?

Currently already running your Stg2 pump on the Wagon.
It's not likely that we'll be exploring that option for the E60 or E89. Sorry

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#28)
Old

Default 06-08-2018, 05:28 PM

Steve,

I just bought the upgrade kit with wiring harness. Does this wiring harness come with everything needed to power the second pump and trigger it? Will I need to purchase a signal wire to run from the engine bay located jb4 port injection controller? I assume your harness includes a relay and wiring to the battery? Also I assume I need to drill my top hat to insert pins that you provide to pass the power thru the top hat?
(#29)
Old

Car: Bmw N54 335
Default 06-15-2018, 01:36 AM

Steve, do you have a diagram/instruction on how to drill the top hat? I know the Euro tophat is different to the USA tophat....

What parts would i need to make this work on a bone stock lpfp setup?
(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo
Steve,

I just bought the upgrade kit with wiring harness. Does this wiring harness come with everything needed to power the second pump and trigger it? Will I need to purchase a signal wire to run from the engine bay located jb4 port injection controller? I assume your harness includes a relay and wiring to the battery? Also I assume I need to drill my top hat to insert pins that you provide to pass the power thru the top hat?
Apologies for the delay as I was out on vacation and then got sick once I returned but kept up on emails.

We have probably already covered this but if you still need more guidance, email us.

The harness comes with the trigger wires to connect to the BMS PI controller or the JB4 is it applies to you. Otherwise a Hobb's switch is needed.

The tophat can be purchsed pre-drilled or you will be required to drill the 9/64" holes as shown here.

Name:  Tophat reduced.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  72.8 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh_n54
Steve, do you have a diagram/instruction on how to drill the top hat? I know the Euro tophat is different to the USA tophat....

What parts would i need to make this work on a bone stock lpfp setup?
The euro tophat for the electrical connections is the same. For a return line fitting it's much easier.

All of the hardware for the installation is included with the kit.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#31)
Old

Default 06-18-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Apologies for the delay as I was out on vacation and then got sick once I returned but kept up on emails.

We have probably already covered this but if you still need more guidance, email us.

The harness comes with the trigger wires to connect to the BMS PI controller or the JB4 is it applies to you. Otherwise a Hobb's switch is needed.

The tophat can be purchsed pre-drilled or you will be required to drill the 9/64" holes as shown here.

Attachment 75874

The euro tophat for the electrical connections is the same. For a return line fitting it's much easier.

All of the hardware for the installation is included with the kit.
Yeah Steve, everything is working, its a tight fit, I was cussing for a while until I figured I should drop the bucket in first then put the add on in second and clip it together in tank. before I was trying to put the add on/bucketless hanger in first...

I will say I really had to push on the top hat hard to get it to seat to put the lock ring on, I think the extra bottom metal hanger add on part makes it all a little thicker, probably a good thing, I doubt it will ever go anywhere.
(#32)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 06-20-2018, 07:38 PM

is this ok if running at road course events or is it a no no since it seems bucketless. most of the times you are only on throttle hard on the straights although i go to poconos raceway a few times a year and it banks at 14 degrees . doesn't sound like much but it is but at 60' wide its like 15 feet elevation difference.
(#33)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2018, 08:33 AM

You should be fine. The primary pump is still in the bucket. The secondary pump has a check valve, so even if it runs dry, it won't drop your fuel pressures, that will only happen if you exceed the capacity of your primary pump or your bucket runs empty.

(#34)
Old

Car: 2010 535i m sport wagon
Default 06-23-2018, 07:24 AM

I currently have your 535-e6x stage 2 LPFP, is this not compatible?
(#35)
Old

Default 06-28-2018, 07:09 AM

When trying to purchase On their site it says it’s not compatible with the 535. Oh well
(#36)
Old

Car: 11 335i 6MT RWD
Default 06-28-2018, 09:19 AM

Just email or call them and ask. Beats waiting a week for them to see anything on here.

2011 E90 335i RWD 6 Speed
FBO JB4 MHD
(#37)
Old

Default 06-29-2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC39
Just email or call them and ask. Beats waiting a week for them to see anything on here.
Yeah I see that now, I thought they visited frequently. No big deal.
(#38)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-02-2018, 01:45 PM

Correct..it's not available for the 535i.

Emailing us is best. We have been very busy with new products so we haven't had as much time to spend on here to check posts.

Our email is info@fuel-it.com

(#39)
Old

Car: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe
Default 07-09-2018, 12:55 PM

To anyone who has installed this how did you do the wiring to battery and engine bay? I've seen the installation guide which follows the battery cable, and at first glance it looks difficult without lifting the car. I wonder if running on the inside like a meth line would work well.
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-09-2018, 01:47 PM

A lot of people run the wires inside the car instead. It's a bit easier and both methods work fine.

(#41)
Old

Car: 2013 335i xDrive Coupe
Default 07-15-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve @ BMS/Fuel-It!
A lot of people run the wires inside the car instead. It's a bit easier and both methods work fine.
How do you install the male connector in pin 7 of the USB port and then attach the cable? I'm stumped.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. (As some people apparently know already, you take the cable end apart.)

Last edited by hi rpm; 07-15-2018 at 09:01 AM..
(#42)
Old

Car: Bmw N54 335
Default 09-16-2018, 11:57 PM

Hi Steve , i have two questions

1) is it possible to use the vacuum line for the exhaust flap ( I have an aftermarket exhaust and its not being used ), for the hobbs switch, thus keepng all wiring to be contained in the boot area?

2) Is it possible to get an adjustable/variable Hobbs switch from you instead of the 4 or 15psi option