N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e92 335i N54
Default Need some advice/help.. - 12-21-2018, 12:27 PM

Hello all,
This is my first time on this site so not really sure how things work around here but was wondering if I can get a little help from some of you guys with more knowledge then me. So I recently bought a 08 e92 335i I've had it for about 3 months now and until now it has been as reliable as could be. I was driving the car in traffic and then noticed some smoke coming from what looked like my hood though being that it was a cold day and I had cars all around me as well as construction I didnt pinpoint it directly to my car especially because it had been feeling completely fine, car wasn't even up to running temp yet gauge hadn't moved at all. But me being cautious because I had overheating issues with my z in the past decided to pull off and as I was pulling off I had an error symbol pop up which I have since diagnosed to be a low coolant symbol. I shut the car off and popped the hood and noticed that the smoke was coming from under there, appeared to be down by where the turbos are. Also noticed a lot of what appeared to be fresh oil on the ground that appeared to be coming from my car but I wasn't really able to pinpoint it quite yet because on top of traffic and construction I was also dealing with heavy rain, yay me. Anyways my initial thought is that my turbos are shot because I also noticed a few days ago as I would enter boost it felt like the car was breaking up a bit but I couldn't really tell if it was traction issues because it snowed recently or just me being paranoid. Does anyone have any ideas as to what it could be and or some tips for going about getting her up and running again? any and all help is appreciated, thanks!!!