N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: N54 135i
Default Need advice - 11-10-2018, 11:24 AM

Hi all,

I used to have a n54 135i fbo with inlets & outlets, coilovers, m3 lcas etc and LOVED the car. For some unknown reason I decided to sell the 135i and buy a M240i (full mperformance kit, mpe, lowered on m adaptive, carbon trim, pro nav, HK audio, bbs ci-r, ******* **, intake and tune). I've had it for a year and I'm now wanting another 135i n54.

Was thinking to change the turbo and add a lsd to the 40i which might satisfy me BUT I've been looking online regarding upgrade turbo kits (Bigboost stage 3, pure stage 2 etc) but can not seem to find much info other than whp etc.
Is the b58 safe over 500whp?

Do I sell the b58 and go back to the n54 or upgrade said parts on the b58
COudlnt care less about the modern tech like pro nav etc in the 40i a tablet with vaderclip easily sorts that out...

Thanks in avdance for any feedback!

N54 135i - GTX3582R - 7" VRSF IC - BMS Meth Kit - XtremeClutch ceramic twin disk - RTD shifter & a load of other bits
(#2)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 11-26-2018, 10:39 PM

Personally I'd keep the m240i. I think it is a better looking car. Does it have electric steering? personally I prefer hydraulic as you get feedback from the front wheels instead of having to rely on feedback from the chassis. Pretty much you can feel when the front wheels are starting too loose traction right as the car over steers which allows correction before it is too late/have to apply brakes. I haven't driven the M240i. However large twin turbos are addicting when compared to one large single, less lag = more fun for the daily driver.

DON'T buy VRSF D.Ps or inlets! I have them and their fitment sucks! Running their FMIC with no issues.
HKS BOV, BMS DCI, BMS Meth Kit
JB4 w/MHD-BMS E85 Backend Flash
Custom Map 6 21.5 psi (E70 mix)
Walbro 450 LPFP - 4 Bar TMAP Sensor - Muff Delete
SAT Transmission Flash/retrofit (Thanks to Wedge!)
AD Engineering Oil thermostat - Rob Beck PCV Valve
Installed all the parts myself.