N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3226)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 3.0
Default 11-19-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Yes quite. Fortunately, it only takes 30 seconds to install/remove those connections (going from stock to tuned back to stock) so it's easy to diagnose. Normally you'd email in to tech support for assistance as they need to be engaged anyway to swap the harness if there is a problem with it.
We pulled the connections and checked for anything bent, and nothing was found...plugged it all back in and still getting the same issues. Removed the unit all together and the car fired up like normal.
(#3227)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 11-19-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNester
We pulled the connections and checked for anything bent, and nothing was found...plugged it all back in and still getting the same issues. Removed the unit all together and the car fired up like normal.
Can you email me some pictures of the connectors both male and female side?

Payam@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3228)
Old

Default 11-19-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Can you email me some pictures of the connectors both male and female side?

Payam@burgertuning.com
I'm sending pics of the connections on the JB4, but why send pictures of the side in the car? When we plugged it back to stock it all worked...seems like the connections in the car are fine.
(#3229)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-19-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNester
I'm sending pics of the connections on the JB4, but why send pictures of the side in the car? When we plugged it back to stock it all worked...seems like the connections in the car are fine.
I don't need the pictures of the car connections. The 4 male and female connectors on the JB4. I got your email, working with you now.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3230)
Old

Default 11-19-2018, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
I don't need the pictures of the car connections. The 4 male and female connectors on the JB4. I got your email, working with you now.
Thank you!!!
(#3231)
Old

Car: Q
Default 11-21-2018, 10:24 AM

Here's my review of the BMS Turbo Inlet Hoses:

BMS Turbo Inlet Hose Review

Design : 4/5 - Well constructed silicone which mimics the OEM hose setup
Installation : 4/5 - Easy hose install, but need adjustments for OEM intakes
Performance : 4/5 - Showed real world gains, beyond just datalogging numbers
Value : 4/5 - At $99, it is relative bargain for adding greater airflow
vFactor : 4/5 - With stock airbox, completely stealth!

VRTT Score : 4 /5; HIGLY RECOMMENDED for even stock setup allowing more airflow and more boost to be held.

http://www.burgertuning.com/Infiniti...ce_intake.html

NOTES

Design : The BMS turbo inlet hose is made out of high grade sturdy silicone and mimics the OEM hose. It has the necessary passenger side blowby inlet to adapt easily to the stock intake setup. As reviewed before, it eliminates the restrictive accordion like hose of the stock setup to allow for better flow. It easily adapts to the BMS or the OEM MAF housing without any issues.

Installation : The BMS turbo inlet hoses were very easy to install. With a BMS intake system (which it was made for), putting on the MAF housing and intakes would also be a breeze. However, adapting it to the stock intake system took a lot more effort (no fault of BMS as it was not designed for it). This involves carefully adjusting and readjusting the hoses around to carefully position up the OEM intake box to fit. This required me to remove some of the lower ball joint registration bracketing in the engine compartment (so I can move the intake box halves around). In fact, on the driver side, I actually had to shave off some of the plastic so i can get more room to get the intake box back together. You may be able to move things around more to get room, but I went this route to save time. All in all, adapting the stock air box was a little painful, only because of the design of the air box itself is difficult to reassemble the two halves back together. YMMV

Performance : As reviewed previously, the stock airbox does a great job of promoting great initial boost response. We did not see any gains during lean spool time with the turbo inlet hose. However, all throughout the rev range afterwards, we saw not only increased airflow, but increased boost as well holding about .7 to 1psi delta . This also translated to higher load cells, which unfortunately did cause our timing to decrease slightly by 1 degree up top. But this did not detract from our Drag times where we showed ever slight improvements in 0-60 and 1/8 mile time with a gain of 1mph up top. This is not bad considering we are not at all tuned to take advantage of it.

Dragy Times :

- With BMS Turbo Inlet Hose
0-60mph 4.35
1/8 mile 8.06 @ 90.26 mph

- Stock
0-60mph 4.36
1/8 mile 8.08 @ 89.3 mph

Value : At $100, it is a relative bargain considering that it is two fully custom silicone hoses meant specifically for the VR and can adapt to any intake setup, and not cause jerking like the generic 45 degree setups (see Stillen's).

vFactor : Although it took a lot of time to adapt to the stock intake box, once it was complete it is completely stealth! Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your viewpoint), it does NOT add any additional sound to the intake system. You will need an aftermarket filter to replace the stock airbox chamber to get that kind of noise. With an aftermarket filter (like the intended BMS intake system), it will generate a little more noise though.

Final Thoughts : I was very excited when BMS announced they were looking at making this post-MAF hose. Although we have had a lot of success with our DIY setup, there was still some reservations about how to hook up the blowby hoses and if the 45 degree bends would cause jerking issues (it is identical to the Stillen hoses). This addresses both those concerns, and to top it off, works with any aftermarket intake system and as we found out, even the stock intake setup. The gains are real and actual realized on the streets even non tuned cars. All in all, it is simple, yet effective and we highly recommended item.
Attached Images

(#3232)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-21-2018, 12:37 PM

Appreciate the write up and review! And nice to see they fit the stock intakes too, even though it's a bit more work to install them that way.

Burger Motorsports

(#3233)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-21-2018, 12:41 PM

Great review man! I agree this is a really great item for a bargain.

Burger Motorsports

(#3234)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 11-21-2018, 06:45 PM

Did you use new hose clamps when installing these or did you use something else to clamp them to the OEM locations.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3235)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 11-21-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Did you use new hose clamps when installing these or did you use something else to clamp them to the OEM locations.
We supply two 3" hose clamps for the larger side to the filter OEM or aftermarket. Three other clamps will be used from stock (Two to turbo one for PCV)

Burger Motorsports

(#3236)
Old

Car: Q
Default 11-23-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
BMS supplies 2 clamps. Instead of using the OEMs, I used my own clamps for the turbo inlet, the MAF connection, and the blowby connection.
(#3237)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 11-24-2018, 07:23 AM

Hey Terry,

Is the pedal tuner compatible with all 3.0t models? I have forward collision prevention. I do not have intelligent cruise control.. let me know. Thanks
(#3238)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2018, 09:46 AM

We recently found out the facelift cars (2018+) have a different pedal assembly, so it's not compatible with those. Other than the intelligent cruise control I think it's compatible with all other options.

Burger Motorsports

(#3239)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 11-24-2018, 01:47 PM

Why does this guys display look different than mine? Mine doesn't read the orange max boost like this. Is there some different settings or options?

https://youtu.be/aroszU2YEaA

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3240)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-24-2018, 02:49 PM

There are various settings, best to ask in the JB4 mobile thread: https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21742

Burger Motorsports

(#3241)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default 11-24-2018, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We recently found out the facelift cars (2018+) have a different pedal assembly, so it's not compatible with those. Other than the intelligent cruise control I think it's compatible with all other options.
I ordered from Extreme Powerhouse on Wed.. hope you guys can cancel on your end...
(#3242)
Old

Car: Q50 SS 2017
Default 11-26-2018, 11:21 AM

Hello guys,

I've been searching the forums for a while before deciding to register and post, but haven't found anything related to this... I live in a cold climate (its about -10f right now) and whenever I get on it, the water temp goes down significantly(you can even see the engine temperature gauge go down) but oil temp stays stable. It seems to affect the jb4 ability to add boost. If its really cold, but the engine is warmed up, even on map1 it goes to maximum 10psi. When it was warmer I could easily hit 16 on map6 (always on 94 octane petro-t gas). That happens as soon as I get on it, temperature plummets from 180-ish to around 140-ish.
(#3243)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 11-26-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyfviperx
Hello guys,

I've been searching the forums for a while before deciding to register and post, but haven't found anything related to this... I live in a cold climate (its about -10f right now) and whenever I get on it, the water temp goes down significantly(you can even see the engine temperature gauge go down) but oil temp stays stable. It seems to affect the jb4 ability to add boost. If its really cold, but the engine is warmed up, even on map1 it goes to maximum 10psi. When it was warmer I could easily hit 16 on map6 (always on 94 octane petro-t gas). That happens as soon as I get on it, temperature plummets from 180-ish to around 140-ish.
I believe Terry mentioned that one of the JB4 safety features disables additional boost at oil temps below 160 degrees.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP

Last edited by jrobohm; 11-26-2018 at 11:58 AM.. Reason: Corrected water vs oil temps
(#3244)
Old

Car: Q50 SS 2017
Default 11-26-2018, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
I believe Terry mentioned that one of the JB4 safety features disables additional boost at water temps below 160 degrees.
Is there a way to switch that to the oil temp? I'm pretty sure oil temp is more important than water temp, no?

I'll post up some logs later, but I find it very odd that my temperature drops like this !
(#3245)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 11-26-2018, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Is there a way to switch that to the oil temp? I'm pretty sure oil temp is more important than water temp, no?

I'll post up some logs later, but I find it very odd that my temperature drops like this !
My mistake - oil temps is what I recall Terry mentioning - you are correct that oil temps are more important.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI
  • AMS HE
  • AMS LDP
(#3246)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayStern85
I ordered from Extreme Powerhouse on Wed.. hope you guys can cancel on your end...
That's between you and your vendor, sorry!

Burger Motorsports

(#3247)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-26-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Hello guys,

Post a JB4 log of what you're referring to and I'll check it out to see if we need any adjustments.

Burger Motorsports

(#3248)
Old

Car: Q60 3.0 405hp
Default 11-30-2018, 06:29 AM

@Terry when jb will have parameter knock demaind?
(#3249)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 09:26 AM

Right now we use ign1 to monitor for timing drops, but we're always looking into what we can add. Some parameters are ECU software specific so difficult to add universally. But we're working on it.

Burger Motorsports

(#3250)
Old

Car: BMW
Default 11-30-2018, 10:05 AM

Any Q owner posting in here from Southern California?

| 2018 BMW 340i | M-Sport | Track Handling Package |
| Pure Stage 1 | MPE + ER down-pipe | BMS Intake | JB4 + MHD | BMS Meth Kit |