N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#3151)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 11-03-2018, 10:11 AM

Red Sport comes with 400hp while the Sport or Premium models come with 300hp.

I would not request any boost higher than 5psi on your car based off of your boost logs. I would actually recommend you use MAP6 and run a custom map that tapers down the boost after 5200rpm so your not over boosting your turbos and causing them to work harder than they are designed for.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
Ecutek tuned
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#3152)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuna
Hi Terry. You may check logs?
Q60 3.0 405. 2017.
D0wnp1pes 3"
Borla catback exhaust 3"
Bms cooler

Fuel - russian 100 octane)))))
Map2 logs:
Looks solid to me. Running well?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3153)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g0t2bmiirii
Really?? I thought with that you can make the car burn more fuel just to raise performance, i thought thatís what the ecutune can pretty much do
They run AFR leaner which can make a bit more power, and higher than stock advance that also adds a bit more power on E85. But it's not major gains and enabling that control via piggyback is more involved than it is via say the Stinger platform. But, we're still working on some things.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3154)
Old

Car: Q60 3.0 405hp
Default 11-03-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
Red Sport comes with 400hp while the Sport or Premium models come with 300hp.

I would not request any boost higher than 5psi on your car based off of your boost logs. I would actually recommend you use MAP6 and run a custom map that tapers down the boost after 5200rpm so your not over boosting your turbos and causing them to work harder than they are designed for.
Redsport)

Last edited by Fortuna; 11-03-2018 at 10:28 AM..
(#3155)
Old

Default 11-03-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks solid to me. Running well?
I want better ) you may create map6 for my car?
(#3156)
Old

Default 11-03-2018, 10:35 AM

If I install the upperpipe, will it be better for engine?
(#3157)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-03-2018, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortuna
I want better ) you may create map6 for my car?
No need, tuning looks to be well optimized as is.

Burger Motorsports

(#3158)
Old

Default 11-03-2018, 09:45 PM

Quote:
No need, tuning looks to be well optimized as is.

Okey. Thanks)
(#3159)
Old

Car: Q50 silver sport
Default 11-04-2018, 02:56 PM

okay so maybe this is a silly question but...

I have the BMS data chord when I first got the JB1. I since then I upgraded to the JB4. I want to do data logging and like change maps whenever I want to through my phone but I don't want to get the Bluetooth thing. so my question is can I download the JB4 app on either my android or my iPhone, get the USB converter, plug it into my phone and change my maps, data log and all that with the data cable and the jb4 app. or do I have to get the bluetooth?
(#3160)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 11-04-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50_Spartan
okay so maybe this is a silly question but...

I have the BMS data chord when I first got the JB1. I since then I upgraded to the JB4. I want to do data logging and like change maps whenever I want to through my phone but I don't want to get the Bluetooth thing. so my question is can I download the JB4 app on either my android or my iPhone, get the USB converter, plug it into my phone and change my maps, data log and all that with the data cable and the jb4 app. or do I have to get the bluetooth?
Nice sounding hack but I do not believe the JB4 app works with anything other than the JB4 Bluetooth Adapter.

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8ís
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#3161)
Old

Default 11-04-2018, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Nice sounding hack but I do not believe the JB4 app works with anything other than the JB4 Bluetooth Adapter.

I saw this video on youtube (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISkqVQZeu6A) it looked like the guy had the data cable connected to the phone with an adapter.

wanted to see if it was actually doable lol
(#3162)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 11-04-2018, 06:15 PM

are we in the near future going to see some new maps for people running full e85 with an upgraded fuel pump?
(#3163)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-04-2018, 06:29 PM

It's not something we've looked in to, but I would presume anyone going that extreme will flash the car. And then would just use the JB4 as a fine tuning tool.

Burger Motorsports

(#3164)
Old

Default 11-05-2018, 09:38 AM

okay so later today I'm going to install my lower *********. I'm currently running map5.
thinking about doing map6 but not sure what psi's i should put per rpm.

I have a 17 silver sport.

any recommendations? things i should look out for with my jb4 after i install my *********?
(#3165)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-05-2018, 10:21 AM

I'd log it before and after on say map5 and let's see see what looks different.

Burger Motorsports

(#3166)
Old

Car: Q50RS
Default 11-05-2018, 12:10 PM

I upgraded my JB1 board - the new JB4 seemed to have the Molex with brown and green wires already connected to the harness along with a separate, second Molex in a bag. Is that correct? Seems like one less step for me compared to the install document.
(#3167)
Old

Default 11-06-2018, 02:16 AM

https://youtu.be/l_iAXDKC4ng
Q60s start.
How full disable esp?

Last edited by Fortuna; 11-06-2018 at 03:44 AM..
(#3168)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-06-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldLady
I upgraded my JB1 board - the new JB4 seemed to have the Molex with brown and green wires already connected to the harness along with a separate, second Molex in a bag. Is that correct? Seems like one less step for me compared to the install document.
If you already have the molex then yes skip that step. Older harnesses did not.

Burger Motorsports

(#3169)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 11-07-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Hopefully will have time this weekend to test fit these bad boys.
So how was the weekend project - promising ?!?

2017 Q50 Premium RWD
  • BMS JB4 w/ Fuel Wires
  • BMS CAI w/ Inlets
  • BMS WMI w/ PM8ís
  • AMS HE w/ Aux Tank
  • AMS LPFP
  • AMS Flex Fuel Kit
  • AMS LDP
  • FI Res CBE
  • Mishimoto Oil Catch Can
(#3170)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2018, 09:17 AM

The inlets fit and worked nicely, we're waiting for a production batch to show up.

Burger Motorsports

(#3171)
Old

Default 11-07-2018, 10:37 AM

Okay,

So I did some data logging. Being a total noooooob I'm not sure if everything is ok. Car seems to be running right.

I installed Lower********* the other night. running map 5 with e30
Attached Files
File Type: csv 181107_1223.csv (5.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: csv 181107_1227.csv (5.5 KB, 30 views)
(#3172)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2018, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50_Spartan
Okay,

So I did some data logging. Being a total noooooob I'm not sure if everything is ok. Car seems to be running right.

I installed Lower********* the other night. running map 5 with e30
Looks good but let's try a little stronger E85 mix, maybe another gallon or two per tank next time, same map.

Burger Motorsports

(#3173)
Old

Default 11-07-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Looks good but let's try a little stronger E85 mix, maybe another gallon or two per tank next time, same map.
I thought the mix was 5 gallons for 20 gallon tank. should i put 6?
(#3174)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-07-2018, 11:27 AM

Try 7 next.

Burger Motorsports

(#3175)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 11-07-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Does anyone know where we can track down an Infinity diagnostic tool to "test" the water pump? If we had that we could copy the diagnostic commands via CANbus and have the JB4 take over pump control, forcing it at 100% full time, if it's not already.
I have the Consult III+ and can log pretty much any parameter. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.