N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2201)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400 AWD
Default 01-29-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
1. Yes, any modification can void your warranty if it causes damage.
2. Generally speaking it's not able to be tracked once removed, but we do not encourage or endorse warranty fraud. Pay for any damage you cause with modifications, Stage1 or otherwise.
3. Yes, nice gains on even 91 octane.
4. Data cable or blue tooth adapter is required for any tuning adjustment to the Stage1 or JB4.
Thanks for the reply...so I can use the blue booth adapter if I only get the Stage 1?
(#2202)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 01-29-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS1983
Thanks for the reply...so I can use the blue booth adapter if I only get the Stage 1?
Yes - Take a look at post # 371 - the BT Kit / Phone App is not cheap but well worth the investment for Logging and easier Map changes from the comfort of inside your car!
(#2203)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS1983
Yes

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2204)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS
Default 01-29-2018, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Yes
Do you have any experience using the JB4 on top of a tune?

My biggest problem is that the stock parameters are very inconsistent.
I wonder if a flash will help keeping timing/boost target consistent. Then I could boost control above letís say a stock target of 18 vs 13-14. Iíve never seen an ECU vary so much. Some pulls my stock ECU psi levels are at 14 and some pulls itís at 7-8. ign looks consistent and the same, IATs are around the same ball park. Idk why on some pulls itís such a huge boost difference.
(#2205)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 01-29-2018, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprada01
Do you have any experience using the JB4 on top of a tune?

My biggest problem is that the stock parameters are very inconsistent.
I wonder if a flash will help keeping timing/boost target consistent. Then I could boost control above letís say a stock target of 18 vs 13-14. Iíve never seen an ECU vary so much. Some pulls my stock ECU psi levels are at 14 and some pulls itís at 7-8. ign looks consistent and the same, IATs are around the same ball park. Idk why on some pulls itís such a huge boost difference.
uh...not sure if the question is serious or not. If you could get a tune, why not tell your tuner to set the boost and correct other parameters you want right there? Technically, you can still use JB4 but it's pointless IMO. Let alone you're going to mess up the mappings your tuner have done.
(#2206)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-29-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpogi
uh...not sure if the question is serious or not. If you could get a tune, why not tell your tuner to set the boost and correct other parameters you want right there? Technically, you can still use JB4 but it's pointless IMO. Let alone you're going to mess up the mappings your tuner have done.
Actually quite common. Flash tuner loads a conservative tune for use with pump gas, then you use the JB4 to up boost a bit when E85 or higher octane fuel is in the tank, or fill in areas of the curve you'd like to tweak.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2207)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS
Default 01-29-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Actually quite common. Flash tuner loads a conservative tune for use with pump gas, then you use the JB4 to up boost a bit when E85 or higher octane fuel is in the tank, or fill in areas of the curve you'd like to tweak.

Exactly. I was thinking a conservative pump tune at 17-18 lbs with the cam angles and ignition tables tweaked for power and smoothness. Then when I run the cut outs after the ******* D o w n p I p e and e85 I up the boost to let’s say 21-22 and let the Ecu adjust timing from there if need be. Instead of trying to boost 22 lbs by just over shooting the PSI 7lbs all the time.

I love the map changes and boost by gear the jb4 has to offer. With a flash tune I just get one flash and that’s it. So I’ll pretty much raise the bar of my starting point and use the JB to tweak the fueling and boost by gear or what not as well as logging since I already have the Bluetooth module.
(#2208)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 01-30-2018, 10:27 AM

For people running E mixtures with JB4, how poor is your MPG comparing to running straight 91/93?

17' Q50 RS
(#2209)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 01-30-2018, 11:01 AM

@Terry
What would be an ideal ignition value for plump gas? I guess I'm trying to understand at what point do I need to add more octane by looking at my data from 3,4,5 psi etc..

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2210)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 01-30-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
For people running E mixtures with JB4, how poor is your MPG comparing to running straight 91/93?
Maybe 2-3mpg less.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2211)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t Luxe AWD
Default 01-30-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5oh_mo
Same for me. I donít see any difference.
I only mix 2.5 gallons max of E85 to 17.5 Gallons of 93 shell( no ethanol mix) V-power. When I had an Ecutek Q40 NA engine I only fill my gas tank halfway (10 gallons) so car is lighter, but with the Q50 tt, I do full tank since the lowend torque is amazing!
(#2212)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
That make sense since the ECu mapping with the flash tune is setup a bit more aggressive than the stock fuel mapping.
(#2213)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Exactly. I was thinking a conservative pump tune at 17-18 lbs with the cam angles and ignition tables tweaked for power and smoothness. Then when I run the cut outs after the ******* D o w n p I p e and e85 I up the boost to letís say 21-22 and let the Ecu adjust timing from there if need be. Instead of trying to boost 22 lbs by just over shooting the PSI 7lbs all the time.

I love the map changes and boost by gear the jb4 has to offer. With a flash tune I just get one flash and thatís it. So Iíll pretty much raise the bar of my starting point and use the JB to tweak the fueling and boost by gear or what not as well as logging since I already have the Bluetooth module.
Why only one flash? Normally, Ecutek gives you different maps?
It will be nice if the Jb1 can be tweak to add boost per RPM. I only have JB4 so Iím not familiar with JB1. So if I have an ecutek flash with JB1 (cheaper),
I could tweaks the valleys in my tune... With Ecutek BT, I could see if Iím leaning out with the JB1.
(#2214)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport
Default 01-30-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awgd8
Why only one flash? Normally, Ecutek gives you different maps?
It will be nice if the Jb1 can be tweak to add boost per RPM. I only have JB4 so Iím not familiar with JB1. So if I have an ecutek flash with JB1 (cheaper),
I could tweaks the valleys in my tune... With Ecutek BT, I could see if Iím leaning out with the JB1.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that wouldn't be possible on the JB1. You would need access to the OBD port which is part of the JB4 in order to make those changes.
(#2215)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeBlockWar
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that wouldn't be possible on the JB1. You would need access to the OBD port which is part of the JB4 in order to make those changes.
I think you are correct!
(#2216)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 04:24 PM

Terry, do you sell the OBD2 JB4 wire separately? (The one that goes via rubber grommet)
(#2217)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2018, 04:46 PM

Yes, it's on our upgrades page.

Burger Motorsports

(#2218)
Old

Default 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Yes, it's on our upgrades page.
Thank you!
(#2219)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default 01-30-2018, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QFitty
@Terry
What would be an ideal ignition value for pump gas? I guess I'm trying to understand at what point do I need to add more octane by looking at my data from 3,4,5 psi etc..
You want ignition to rise with rpm like in this log
Name:  BT good log.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  44.1 KB

Last edited by Infiniti Addict; 01-30-2018 at 06:28 PM..
(#2220)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default 01-30-2018, 06:15 PM

This shows a bad log.
Name:  BT bad log.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  39.3 KB
(#2221)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 01-30-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Exactly. I was thinking a conservative pump tune at 17-18 lbs with the cam angles and ignition tables tweaked for power and smoothness. Then when I run the cut outs after the ******* D o w n p I p e and e85 I up the boost to letís say 21-22 and let the Ecu adjust timing from there if need be. Instead of trying to boost 22 lbs by just over shooting the PSI 7lbs all the time.

I love the map changes and boost by gear the jb4 has to offer. With a flash tune I just get one flash and thatís it. So Iíll pretty much raise the bar of my starting point and use the JB to tweak the fueling and boost by gear or what not as well as logging since I already have the Bluetooth module.
While I don't doubt that it's technically feasible, i don't think it'd be practical. In Ecutek, for instance, you can have more than 1 map and you can choose the tune that suits your mood.

Anyways, to each his own.
(#2222)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-30-2018, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekpogi
While I don't doubt that it's technically feasible, i don't think it'd be practical. In Ecutek, for instance, you can have more than 1 map and you can choose the tune that suits your mood.

Anyways, to each his own.
There are a lot of extra features we can add in to the JB4 like boost by gear, additional safety systems, wireless data logging to your phone, water/meth system integration, and other functions, that will exceed what you could do flash only. Not to mention who wants to flash their car in the staging lanes and hope it all goes to plan at the track? Down the road we'll detail some of the benefits of running the JB4 in conjunction with a flash map.

Burger Motorsports

(#2223)
Old

Car: q60
Default 01-30-2018, 08:50 PM

Many BMW guys run a flash and then jb4 on top. Its an easy, quick way of upping power...
(#2224)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 Sport
Default 01-31-2018, 12:44 AM

Terry,

Can you take a look at these two logs? The first is at +5psi and the second is at +6. I've noticed my timing seems to dip at peak boost a bit and then rise as I move up the RPM range and boost tapers as I approach redline.

I'm running 93 pump on map 2 99% of the time on my SS. I've run +6 maybe once or twice to test it out. Regardless, the timing dip occurs on either map. I've seen this happen occasionally in the past, even on Map 1, but it seems to be more frequent and perhaps a bit more pronounced as of late. Odd. Nothing has changed (no new mods, same gas, same map).

Anything I should be worried about?

2018-01-21 16_12_24.csv
2017-12-20 13_03_33.csv

Last edited by chainar1; 01-31-2018 at 12:54 AM..
(#2225)
Old

Car: q60
Default 01-31-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainar1
Terry,

Can you take a look at these two logs? The first is at +5psi and the second is at +6. I've noticed my timing seems to dip at peak boost a bit and then rise as I move up the RPM range and boost tapers as I approach redline.

I'm running 93 pump on map 2 99% of the time on my SS. I've run +6 maybe once or twice to test it out. Regardless, the timing dip occurs on either map. I've seen this happen occasionally in the past, even on Map 1, but it seems to be more frequent and perhaps a bit more pronounced as of late. Odd. Nothing has changed (no new mods, same gas, same map).

Anything I should be worried about?

Attachment 71151
Attachment 71152

Hey there, Terry had told me that ideally you want your ign numbers to keep climbing...and yours seem to be falling partially.

what i don't know if how to fix that. I know for myself, fuel plays a big part in it. 91 octane won't do it if i'm asking for high boost. A stock redsport tops out at 14.3psi...so in some cases your pushing that.