N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#451)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 535i
Default 04-27-2015, 01:37 PM

Help!!!
I just finished flashing my car and now it wont start. I tried to flash it back to stock but now it won't recognize my cable.

2010 E60 w/6spd manual | MHD Flash | CP-e FMIC | BMS DCI | ER CP | HKS BOV | UUC Ultimate Short Shifter & stainless steel brake line
(#452)
Old

Default 04-27-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexib71
Help!!!
I just finished flashing my car and now it wont start. I tried to flash it back to stock but now it won't recognize my cable.
what type of cable did you use (green, good white, or bad white?) and what ecu type do you have (i8a0s, ije0s, ect)?

Current: 2008 e92 335i coupe.

Previous: 2003 Honda Accord V6 coupe: AEM V2, zex 75 wet shot (sold)
Past 1998 acura integra rs: jrsc @ 6 psi and bolt ons.
(#453)
Old

Car: BMW 335i
Default 04-27-2015, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexib71
Help!!!
Did you have a battery charger for the car?

Did you interrupt the flashing process by opening the doors?
(#454)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 04-28-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperware
The issue with the white board cables is some work and some don't. There's no guarantee you will get a working white one from Amazon. I ordered 2 separate times from Amazon, both white cables, neither worked. I haven't heard of a green board cable not working, just a lot of reports of the white one being hit or miss.
Well,I got a green cable off Amazon and it works sometimes when it wants. Takes 10 times plugging in and out to get a connection. Once connected works good. But some days I am not able to gain connection to ecu at all. Just ordered another (green ) cable off eBay that is recommended by Wedge. We will see how that one does.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#455)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 04-28-2015, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wancsta
Hey guys first time posting here. I am accumulating a pile of junk white board cables here. I was wondering if the folks with the functional white pcb ones could open them up and post up some pictures of the boards top and bottom. Particularly the resistors and voltage regulators 5 minutes and four screws could end up helping a lot of people that have had these issues. Maybe we could get some kind of diy fix for these things.

I have ordered another cable from the ebay seller listed in this thread earlier but after 10 days of "shipping label created" from usps I messaged him and got...
"I'm a customer service agent of eBay store
<getwiredusa>. Names Robert,
(It's my Job to be here for you...) I'm not going to lie to you we shipped out your order and usps seems to have dropped it in their "black hole" last week they scanned 200 items in at the depot here as delivered ...Im going to send you another one as soon as i get the next shippment as we are out ...at present .they should be here any day. Standing by...

So just a heads up to anyone looking to order the cable from him. Does anyone know of another reliable source for the green board version???
I got it from him. It took over 2 weeks.

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#456)
Old
Legend

Car: 335i E92 2009
Default 04-28-2015, 06:05 AM

Just a quick question, I ordered my OBD cable and I will go ahead for the MHD ECU flash for the 1st time, my car it's E92 production 05/2008 and its EU specs with complains to GCC hot claimant specs VIN P193999 if it make any difference, I'm not sure if the ECU software I have different yet but so far with JB4 I'm not able to get the 6 cylinder timing with all options I8A0S or IJE0S Even my ECU is labeled MSD81,

So my questions

1- is the backup ECU will take the exact firmware copy that I have so when I flash back to stock it will be totally the same version or will restore a version already stored in the MHD?

2- do I use the same flash in the 1st post of terry or do I need to use something different for non US specs if there any difference?

3- US and EU cars different or it's the same from the flash and ECU software and same steps of flashing work for both?

09 E92 335i - Hot-Climate Middle East package, M Sports suspension, 19" Rims, 6AT fully built internals, bushings, raybestos clutches and sonnax with xHP stage 3, Differential lockdown, New RB Turbo CHRA, JB4 - Map 3 70 adder with N20 TMAP - MHD BMS Race Flash with Tuned Duty Bais and PID - BMS Oil Cooler Valve - RB PCV - K&N DCI - AFE Air Scoops - 98 Super Fuel - WAGNER FMIC - 3" down's, RB Inlets- BMS charge pipe With Tial BOV - BMS Meth Kit with FSB, 30/70 Water/Meth on CM12 nozzle
(#457)
Old

Car: 2010 BMW 535i
Default 04-28-2015, 08:09 AM

OK Successful flashed....

Recharge the battery (yes I was using a batter charger in my initial flashing) and flashed the car back to stocked.

Re-flashed the car with stage 1 and I can feel the difference on the way the car pulls.

2010 E60 w/6spd manual | MHD Flash | CP-e FMIC | BMS DCI | ER CP | HKS BOV | UUC Ultimate Short Shifter & stainless steel brake line
(#458)
Old

Car: 2009 E93
Default 04-28-2015, 09:08 AM

Loaded new bb E85 flash and I'm having issues with transmission shifting from park to reverse really hard. Has anyone seen this? Any idea? I have alpina flash.
(#459)
Old

Car: FBO 335xi w/FSB 50/50 meth
Default 04-28-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWRican
Loaded new bb E85 flash and I'm having issues with transmission shifting from park to reverse really hard. Has anyone seen this? Any idea? I have alpina flash.
This is for MHD flashing.. but the TCU isn't touched by either the MHD or the BB flash.
(#460)
Old

Default 04-28-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrink24
This is for MHD flashing.. but the TCU isn't touched by either the MHD or the BB flash.
Yes I used the MHD to flash the BB flash. Just curious to see if it was related or my trans if failing.
(#461)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 04-28-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Yes I used the MHD to flash the BB flash. Just curious to see if it was related or my trans if failing.
I think you're confusing terms here. You are using the "backend flash". BB Flash is a different app, separate from MHD.
(#462)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-28-2015, 10:57 AM

MHD will load MHD and BB flash maps.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#463)
Old

Car: 2010 135i 6MT
Default 04-28-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
I know. Just disagreeing with the terminology, as nothing makes a *.bin file a "BB Flash" map. Don't need sticky thinking we're using anything of "his".
(#464)
Old

Default 04-28-2015, 11:26 AM

If you ask him he owns .bin .xls .dat MHD and Jyamona. But who cares what he thinks.
(#465)
Old

Default 04-28-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I only loaded the backend flash with the mhd not the alpina flash. I had the alpina already in the vehicle for almost 8 months. I figure it out already. Thanks.
(#466)
Old

Default 04-28-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion, I only loaded the backend flash with the mhd not the alpina flash. I had the alpina already in the vehicle for almost 8 months. I figure it out already. Thanks.
For avoiding the confusion it is best to talk about engine and transmission flashes in separate posts if not even in separate threads
(#467)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 04-28-2015, 09:29 PM

Anyone else seeing any issue like this? Can't purchase the flasher.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#468)
Old

Car: 2008 335i
Angry 04-28-2015, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt

call of Google Wallet in the morning, they will take care of it for you.

2008 335I 6MT

(#469)
Old

Car: 335ix
Default 04-28-2015, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosullivan04
call of Google Wallet in the morning, they will take care of it for you.
I did, they said nothing on their side, likely the app.

2010 335ix - hybrids, cp, ic, inlets, outlets, jb4, pi, fuel-it stg3, backend flash
(#470)
Old

Car: 2008 BSM 135i
Default 04-28-2015, 10:12 PM

Two questions as I'm going to stack an MHD flash with JB4 tomorrow afternoon...

Quote:
The major difference is that BimmerBoost DME boost is capped at around 18psi tapering to 12psi at redline, while MHD has Cobb's race logic which allows your DME to see up to 21psi across the board. This provides additional tuning flexibility in creating flash maps, both stand alone, and for use with the JB4.
First, is the highlighted portion above true for these MHD JB4 flashes? Or are they the same as the flashes loaded via BimmerBoost? In other words, an MHD JB4 flash should target higher boost values than a BB JB4 flash, right?

Quote:
E85 has timing and air/fuel ratios best suited to E40 and higher mixtures.
Is the E85 flash the most powerful compared to RACE and PUMP? What is the OPTIMAL fuel mixture for the E85? Will power or safety be gained by using E60+? What if I filled with pure 110 octane race gas, can this flash still be used?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm sure others have wondered the same thing.

🚀 My 750HP 135i build: my1series.com
🔧 My budget 335i build: bmw335i.com
📷 Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/jakespence
🎬 Watch me on YouTube: youtube.com/jakespence135
🌟 Support me on Patreon: patreon.com/jake_spence
🏁 Shop BMW merchandise: bimmerstreet.com
(#471)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 04-29-2015, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
I'd like to retain JB4 for the gauges and boost by gear functions. The rest I can do without. I just really want to see an added boost ceiling (from 18psi to 21psi) because I have plenty of E85 available in my area.
What exactly do I need to do to run both systems? I'm completely new to this whole 'flashing' thing. I'll probably have a hard enough time as it is gathering all the parts, cables, and performing a successful flash on my own...
You can either use the JB4 with a solid map (7) + e85 backend, or set the JB4 as passive (option B) and use the stand alone MHD e85 mix map. Neither require the purchase of increased boost ceiling, which is solely needed when self tuning BINs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushan
Just a quick question, I ordered my OBD cable and I will go ahead for the MHD ECU flash for the 1st time, my car it's E92 production 05/2008 and its EU specs with complains to GCC hot claimant specs VIN P193999 if it make any difference, I'm not sure if the ECU software I have different yet but so far with JB4 I'm not able to get the 6 cylinder timing with all options I8A0S or IJE0S Even my ECU is labeled MSD81,

So my questions

1- is the backup ECU will take the exact firmware copy that I have so when I flash back to stock it will be totally the same version or will restore a version already stored in the MHD?
2- do I use the same flash in the 1st post of terry or do I need to use something different for non US specs if there any difference?
3- US and EU cars different or it's the same from the flash and ECU software and same steps of flashing work for both?
1. Is you make an ECU backup with MHD, the file will automatically be used when flashing back to stock.
2. If you use directly the canned bins, on a euro car you will get the DMTL error as far as I know. There's a solution I need to talk with Terry (use .mhd maps instead of bins, and apply tuning parameters on top of a correct map for each car).
3. Flashing process is the same, there are a few minor differences between maps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfrink24
Actually the TCU error codes list is deleted.

Quote:
See above. After driving a bit, did the trans went back to normal behavior?
(#472)
Old

Default 04-29-2015, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyt
Purchases were disabled by Google yesterday because of some missing paperwork. We are working with Google to resolve the issue and expect a fix around the first of May.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
(#473)
Old

Default 04-29-2015, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenceful
First, is the highlighted portion above true for these MHD JB4 flashes? Or are they the same as the flashes loaded via BimmerBoost? In other words, an MHD JB4 flash should target higher boost values than a BB JB4 flash, right?

Is the E85 flash the most powerful compared to RACE and PUMP? What is the OPTIMAL fuel mixture for the E85? Will power or safety be gained by using E60+? What if I filled with pure 110 octane race gas, can this flash still be used?
1. Terry made MHD specific maps, and they are improved upon the BB.com maps. JB4 stays in charge of handling the boost, not the DME flash. But MHD allows better backends though more tuning options.
2. e85 flash is for minimum 50% mix (e40). For race gas, use the race flash because AFR / Fuel scalar from the e85 map are not suited for race gas.
(#474)
Old

Car: 335i DCT
Default 04-29-2015, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHD
2. If you use directly the canned bins, on a euro car you will get the DMTL error as far as I know. There's a solution I need to talk with Terry (use .mhd maps instead of bins, and apply tuning parameters on top of a correct map for each car).
So this won't work with European models?
(#475)
Old

Default 04-29-2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink
So this won't work with European models?
It works, but throws an error code. Plenty of Euro owners (me included) flashed US canned bins, it's no big deal.