Default 03-19-2015, 01:23 AM

great news Terry and Martial.

FBO N54 AT 135i 'vert with JB4 and Trebila Performance custom flash
(#77)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 03-19-2015, 01:54 AM

Quote:
MHD and I also came up with a nifty way to have special pricing for JB4 users. He's going to program the flash tool to zero out the base duty cycle table when flashing JB4 back end maps. The JB4 ignores the duty cycle and flash only maps require it so it's a nice simple way to differentiate between the two models. Note, BMS is not going to get paid for any of this. We're doing the work to provide you guys flash maps within the MHD environment for free. Just as we did for the BimmerBoost & Cobb environments. With MHD out though we'll definitely be dropping all Cobb support ASAP.
Perfect!

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#78)
Old
ex deus machina

Car: E92 N54 335i
Default 03-19-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Also note, because we're working for free, we're not going to spend much time discussing the fine details of the maps. We'll make them and post them. And any further discussion or questions about them will be handled on the forum only.
I would gladly pay for more maps

Stock Turbo + FBO

Stock Turbo + FBO + meth

Stock Turbo + Strait Race gas + Meth

BMS can benefit greatly from a Cobb ProTune type model; customer emails you logs and their setup and you modify the bin to their needs and charge per map...just throwing out suggestions

Garage Queen: Audi S4 4.2L V8, Vortech Supercharger, Bilstein PSS9 Coilovers, Sway-bars, RS4 brakes and rear BBK, Fast Intentions - Full Exhaust, 505AWTQ 0-60: 3.8s
Daily Driver: E92 335i N54: complete part out - let me know of any parts you need:

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55650
(#79)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ba114
So does this mean purchasing the flasher module ($69) will not be required, and rather a lower cost module will be available for JB4 users?

If this is the case it'd be great if dmacpro91 could get involved with this. Id love to be able to flash using his current app (which i've paid for), with perhaps an in-app purchase to use MHDs flashing code. The we have an all-in-one flashing and logging solution for those of us wishing to use it purely with JB4.
It means instead of spending $130 or whatever it is to get the flasher module and race logic enabled you'd have some lower cost license that applies only to JB4 maps.

Donnie may add flashing in to his JB4 Mobile application some day, that is his call, but they are separate businesses and I wouldn't expect a collaboration to occur there.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#80)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i E92
Default 03-19-2015, 09:03 AM

Terry,

Will be MHD version of BMS backend flashes different from BB flashing versions?
I mean, will the new possibilities that gives MHD flashing makes it possible to improve BMS backend flashes?

if yes which ones

2007 E92 335
ST - GTW3684
JB4 G5, ST Pump Flash, Fuel-It Stage 1, Meth
MT (after swap),
MFactory LSD
(#81)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-19-2015, 09:24 AM

Sorry for asking. But ive been following this thread but i still cant make it clear if this mhd is a new software like bb to flash maps or a hardware?
(#82)
Old

Car: bmw
Default 03-19-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romligno
Sorry for asking. But ive been following this thread but i still cant make it clear if this mhd is a new software like bb to flash maps or a hardware?
Its software for android phones that uses cheap (~$25) cables to flash.
(#83)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 03-19-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junkie
That clears it. thanks! Cheap cables meaning k+d can cables?
(#84)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 03-19-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romligno
That clears it. thanks! Cheap cables meaning k+d can cables?
Correct. I have two versions both work.
(#85)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-19-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan-i
Terry,

Will be MHD version of BMS backend flashes different from BB flashing versions?
I mean, will the new possibilities that gives MHD flashing makes it possible to improve BMS backend flashes?

if yes which ones
For stock turbos probably not much benefit. For larger turbo automatics good benefit. Those in between and MTs. We'll just have to see. The MHD environment is identical to the Cobb environment so there is nothing new we haven't been working with already via Cobb. But, it's less expensive, and should have better support going forward.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#86)
Old

Car: E90 335i 6MT
Default 03-20-2015, 12:20 PM

Does anyone know if the v3 version of the stage 1 flash has the CEL sorted for down-*****?

As i have just had some fitted... mine on state 1 is running spluttery until further up the revs and i have CEL light on with Lambda error code.

Or do i have to use the stage 2 ?

Thanks
(#87)
Old

Default 03-22-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost junkie
The only problem with cheap $25 cables from eBay is that they are totally unreliable. I got connected once with my k-dcan and now all I get is nothing (check your cables connection) not able to connect. Reordered more otg cables and another k-dcan from eBay of course. Originall k-dcan sells for $100 but it probably works 100%

2008 e92/MHD Wedge E85/Alpina TCU /RB Inlets/MMP Outlets/Vrsf **/Helix FMIC/Forge DV/BMS CP/DCI/Fuel It st2/TBI/TC Kline/Swift SA coils/MF lsd/Hotchkis sway bars/M3 front and rear links/ Diff LDK/AKG Race subf/diff bushings/Megan toe links /TSW18 forged Nurburring/Mich PSS 245/265 /BMW(Brembo)M perf 370mm BBK
(#88)
Old

Default 03-22-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert
The only problem with cheap $25 cables from eBay is that they are totally unreliable. I got connected once with my k-dcan and now all I get is nothing (check your cables connection) not able to connect. Reordered more otg cables and another k-dcan from eBay of course. Originall k-dcan sells for $100 but it probably works 100%
True for most crap sold out of China
(#89)
Old

Car: AW 135i
Default 03-22-2015, 08:06 AM

From my experience, like you said the eBay ones are hit or miss andin one particular case worked on my friends car but not on mine. Very weird. Either way, I have had the one stop electronics one and it has worked 100% of the time and is well worth the price for peace of mind.

2010 AW/BLK 135i VM 6465 Single Turbo, JB4 + MHD, VRSF CP & Tial, Big Tom, Fuel-It PI + Stage 3 + Return + Ethanol Sensor, BMW PE, MFactory LSD & Axles, Spec 3+ & MFactory SMFW, RB External PCV
Best stock turbo 12.5 @ 19.46 spinning all the way down
RIP 2008 AW/BL 135i
(#90)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default 03-22-2015, 09:33 AM

Where can we get the apk to install on the phone? Can't find anywhere to download it so now i'm curious.

----------------
Stacked BMS Flash & JB4, Dinan CAI, ER Chargepipe, 7" VRSF Intercooler, VRSF **'s, ER Sport Oil Cooler w/Steel lines, Gunmetal 19" VMR V710's, 335is clutch, Wavetrac LSD, M3 FSB, M3 Front & Rear Control arms, M3 RSB, M3 rear subframe bushings, M3 guide rods
(#91)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 03-22-2015, 10:00 AM

Has anyone tried the e40 map? I've been running the Stage 2 93 map and it's been solid but want to try the e40 map. Any feedback from it?
(#92)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-22-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swat
Where can we get the apk to install on the phone? Can't find anywhere to download it so now i'm curious.
it has not release yet. It is in beta testing phase. You can email Martial for more information. Last time I talked to him, it costs to be beta tester.

2008 e93 MODS: BMS JB4 G5 ISO, bms trunk, RB PVC, Lukeperformance flash, mount meth kit, OCC, ******* ********, VRSF 7" FMIC, charge pipe, DCI, Alpina flash,
(#93)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 03-22-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke0818
it has not release yet. It is in beta testing phase. You can email Martial for more information. Last time I talked to him, it costs to be beta tester.
yeah it was only 20% off to be guinea pigs, probably would have bought it either way, but still was hoping for more lol..

Btw each flasher/monitor/map module is VIN locked, not just the map... which I just found out the hard way when trying to flash my other n54 car.

M-Sport 135i - N54 - FBO - E60 - Mfactory LSD - MHD - JB4 - SPX Tuned
(#94)
Old

Default 03-22-2015, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_BMW
Has anyone tried the e40 map? I've been running the Stage 2 93 map and it's been solid but want to try the e40 map. Any feedback from it?
I've run every revision of it, it is okay but seems more like a e25 map as it targets like 10* timing - I've heard good things about the stage 1/2 maps but I'm hoping for some more work on the e85 map as I had some timing flatline issues when I tried to run it.

I'm sure Ken will get these worked out by the time the app is publicly available

(#95)
Old

Car: 2007 335i Coupe
Default 03-22-2015, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
I've run every revision of it, it is okay but seems more like a e25 map as it targets like 10* timing - I've heard good things about the stage 1/2 maps but I'm hoping for some more work on the e85 map as I had some timing flatline issues when I tried to run it.

I'm sure Ken will get these worked out by the time the app is publicly available
Sounds good. I'll hold off on trying it then until the next revision comes out!

Thanks
(#96)
Old

Default 03-22-2015, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokie_BMW
Sounds good. I'll hold off on trying it then until the next revision comes out!

Thanks
If you're gonna try it you might as well flash it now and send Ken logs so he can revise the maps after viewing more logs.

The more of us who provide feedback and logs the faster they can iterate on the maps and the application

(#97)
Old

Car: 07 335i AT
Default 03-22-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spxxx
If you're gonna try it you might as well flash it now and send Ken logs so he can revise the maps after viewing more logs.

The more of us who provide feedback and logs the faster they can iterate on the maps and the application
+1, I need more testers and feedback for the e40 map. BTW the timing you quote was really for the v1 map. v2 targets 13.5 above.
(#98)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 03-23-2015, 07:24 AM

whats the difference of running the mhd e40 map with the jb4 still connected in say map 0? set to 4/3 where jb4 uses the higher of the 2 boost targets?
(#99)
Old

Default 03-23-2015, 07:30 AM

You will need to remove the jb4 completely or load the new jb4 firmware that is made for running standalone flashes. Check out the thread "using jb4 for just gauges..." in the n54 section

(#100)
Old

Car: vw passat
Default 03-23-2015, 09:50 AM

what is the difference of just setting the jb4 to map 0?